Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it possible to look good despite sensory issues?
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Be careful, though. Hair that is shorter than just below the shoulders often hits your neck and face more, which can be an uncomfortable feeling. That's where trying on pre-cuts can help.

Yes, and it helps (depending on the person) to style it in a way that the ends are flipped outward so as not to touch the skin.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:14 pm
Personally, I’m not so density but my son is. For years he refused to wear his pants higher than his hip and dive he is obese, he could not find shirts to cover his belly. One day, he agreed to try wearing his pants up higher. And he looked like he lost thirty pounds right there. It was crazy. So we bought him some nicer clothing and he feels so much better and more out together now.

I never would have thought he would agree to it. And yet, the good he felt when he looked nicer seemed to make it possible for him to wear the pants where he hadn’t wanted to go before.

I gave him a hair/ beard trim recently. I kniw it must have been annoying for him because I didn’t know what I was doing and took forever. He didn’t complain but I’ve been his mother for 24 years. I knew.

But the STRUT when he looked in the mirror and looked so much better than before!

So I’d say, maybe challenge yourself to go a bit outside your gomfirt zone and see where it takes you. Also whatever you’re wearing, OWN it! Don’t worry about whether you are fashionable, worry about whether you think you look and feel great! Then rock the look!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics