Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
When you do something for others.....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:32 pm
You never what you'll get in return!!

My husband is a bus driver and twice a year he gets tips from the parents. Before Purim he got a tip, a check, from one of the parents he knew doesn't have a penny to his name (good friend of his). After debating to give back or not, he just decided to rip apart the check!
We had borrowed from my parents 10k and my father wrote a shtar, we'll repay whenever we have. One year we paid back 4k and the next year we bh had ready the rest 6k to pay back. Few weeks later, After finishing a hosted dinner at parents house, my husband took out the money to give back. My dad says, keep it, I decided to give it as a gift to you. He took the shtar, and in front of us, tore it, to show he really meant it. (He had no clue what my husband had done a few weeks prior) I'm still blown away!

A close family took upon himself to shut his phone by davening. That very same afternoon, a car, trying to cross him out, slammed into the drivers side of the car. Air bag popped, car badly damaged, and driver came out without a single bruise. He said the most he got hurt was a small hit from the popping air bag. Unbelievable

How the Yiddish saying goes, vus m'tit for yenem, tit men for zich alein. (What you do for others, you're doing for yourself)

Share something you experienced...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:49 pm
I'll anon cuz many know my story. (it's long)
My dh is a chesed volunteer driver. One day before an event I begged him not to take any calls on his way home from work cuz I have an event and literally have nothing to wear. Literally. I had just put on maternity and needed something dressyish. I needed to go shopping yesterday. Well of course he didn't listen and came home when many stores were already closing. But I was too desperate and decided I have to try my luck. 2 stores I arrived too didn't let me in anymore. I had one more store to try. I arrived and the welcome "oh we're abt to close but I'll do you the favor and I'll wait for you". As I was browsing and looking around, the sales lady asked me what I'm looking for. So I explained. She was extremely helpful. I picked out a few things and went to pay. As she's ringing it up, she's like "you know what, I see you're buying a nice amt of things I'll make it worth it for you, this item I'll give you 30% off, this item 40% off, and so it was with every top I bought. The store did not have a sale.
What I didn't know was that dh arrived home late cuz this patient made him go out of his way and drop him off at a location that chesed drivers are not obligated to do so. They only have to drop off within certain perimeter of bp. This patient made him go all the way into Flatbush. Dh kept on talking to himself " hashem sees what I'm doing hashem sees what I'm doing" all the while, while I'm on pins and needles. After I came home from my shopping and told dh my story, dh told me his side.
If you were the patient and you're reading this, tnx for saving me $150. It's been abt 7 yrs since the story, I never complained abt his trips again.

IvriAnochi

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 6:04 pm
That is amazing! You and your husband sound really special
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational