Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I feel like such a baby

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 11:41 am
I feel like a baby.
Its just that I always remember.
I always remember when it comes to family and friends and how come nobody remembers mine? I mean, is it such a silly thing? I opened my phone, expecting to see something but all I saw were three emails from doctor, dentist etc saying Happy birthday.
Nothing from friends or family...
My dh remembers and that's the most impt. But I always remember to wish happy birthday to everyone else šŸ˜­

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:05 pm
Happy birthday! May you have an incredible year full of Simcha and bracha and many more after!

1ofbillions

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:17 pm
That really does hurt, especially when you usually remember others' birthdays. It's not childish at all. I'm sorry.

Happy bday!! cake Wishing you a year of health, happiness, fulfillment and connection.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:35 pm
Happy birthday!
I used to send birthday cards to a few people I value (mom, mom in law, an aunt, and 4 friends). When one birthday passed and I didn't get any cards, I cut my list significantly. Now I text people happy birthday. Even though it would be nice to get a text back I'm not as upset if I don't.
I also go to the spa for the whole day and keep my phone in the locker so I don't even know or care who texts me. This really works for me.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:37 pm
I also dont ever get any birthday call or texts from friends , only from family members. These days I'm used to this already.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:29 am
Happy birthday (better late than never)
In my family I only wish "happy birthday" to the one who wish me,on my birthday!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:32 am
Itā€™s hard to remember peopleā€™s birthdays. I have a relative who remembers everyoneā€™s birthdays and buys everyone gifts and honestly itā€™s a huge pressure to always feel like I have to buy her and her kids gifts and remember their birthdays.

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:55 am
It is upsetting! Very!
It seems that you are more sensitive and in tune to other people than they are to you! Chalk it up to your good nature and Thank Hashem for it! Not everyone is blessed having other people in mind like that!
Happy Birthday!!!!

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:03 am
Happy birthday! You make sense. Celebrate that the world is a better place because of you!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:04 am
Same happens to me. It is hurtful, especially since you are the type to remember others'. Wishing you a very happy birthday! Smile

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:04 am
I have had this discussion many times with friends. When someone is the sensitive type, they know it means a lot to them, therefore they project their feelings and think it means a lot to everyone and they to out of their way to wish people happy birthday. Im the type who could not care less if not a single person remembers (it fell out on shabbos this year and even dh forgot, I was relieved no surprise cakes came out of the freezer lol) I know that I love and care about many people even if I forget to text them happy birthday.. its just not important to me so im project and assume its not important to anyone!

freilich

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:48 am
I am the friend who forgets. I want you to know itā€™s not because I donā€™t care. Itā€™s simply because your nature is to remember these stuff. You will be the one who never forgets any milestones in my life, but unfortunately I do.

It makes me feel so bad at times. I feel like Iā€™m much more on the receiving end in this aspect, then giving. However, Iā€™ve come to the realization, that I give in different ways.

I hope this makes you feel better.

I do make myself reminders of some peopleā€™s bdays because I donā€™t want to hurt anyone. But bear in mind that itā€™s not coming from an uncaring place, but more like a different nature.
Happy birthday!

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 10:13 am
Happy birthday OP! šŸŽŠšŸŽ‰šŸŽ‚šŸ°

Hugs - itā€™s hard to feel forgotten and a lack of reciprocity. Itā€™s a beautiful thing that you put in the effort to remember other peopleā€™s birthdays. I used to be really good at remembering othersā€™ b-days but in recent years thereā€™s just so much going on in my brain. I got an app called hip! that you can put in birthdays and it reminds you the day of (or the day before if you set it that way). Itā€™s definitely helped me keep track.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 10:19 am
Sorry but I hardly remember peoples bdays and dont expect they should remember mine.
Itā€™s impossible.

I have one same SIL who ALWAYS texts happy bday . So sheā€™s good with remembering dates I guess. Not cuz she cares so much.

Who cares. I text my mom to remind her and she gives me a nice Bracha in return
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics