Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How do you do it?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:14 pm
How do you pay for root canals without dental insurance. Do I need to break the bank to fix my teeth? Is there anyone that’s good out there that doesn’t charge a fortune?

Stars

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:16 pm
Yeah your only option is to rob a bank. So sorry you’re dealing with this.

You can also get the tooth extracted but in the long run you will need an implant and that runs into a lot more.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:23 pm
I have decent dental insurance. Mostly they pay for well-visit care. They cover almost nothing for anything else. There is an annual limit no matter what, which often doesn't even cover one root canal. And if you've had a few cavities filled, then there's none left at all.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:28 pm
You can go to a local clinic. Some have a sliding scale. Another option is a dental clinic of a teaching hospital. It will be cheap but not quick. Usually a lot more appointments than a regular dentist. One appointment for every little step.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:35 pm
Emergency savings. I just had one done in April and was pretty mad about the price too. Then I found out I need to do a crown as well which is another $1000. Since my emergency fund is currently low I'm holding off until August. I cut other summer expenses and between that and savings will have to do the crown.
Another answer is prevention by treating them while they're still cavities, before it needs a root canal.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:37 pm
Ummmmm....pay out of pocket. I don't have dental insurance and I pay a lot each year to the dentist.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:47 pm
Dental work is no fun. I looked into dental insurance but It made no sense to take out a private plan. I had a baby tooth that had no adult tooth underneath and it had to be removed and put in an implant. Cost was around 3000.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
You can go to a local clinic. Some have a sliding scale. Another option is a dental clinic of a teaching hospital. It will be cheap but not quick. Usually a lot more appointments than a regular dentist. One appointment for every little step.

Right. I know in Monsey we have local clinics like Refuah that are much cheaper than private dentists. If you live somewhere like Bklyn, I'm sure there are options like that too over there.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:50 pm
I got dental work done in another country.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:43 pm
Dental school clinic. The students are well-supervised. It isn't free, but much less than a private dentist.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:49 pm
I applied for a medical credit card that lets people finance some/all of the cost.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:57 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I applied for a medical credit card that lets people finance some/all of the cost.

What exactly is this?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:57 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Dental school clinic. The students are well-supervised. It isn't free, but much less than a private dentist.

Has anyone ever tried them?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Right. I know in Monsey we have local clinics like Refuah that are much cheaper than private dentists. If you live somewhere like Bklyn, I'm sure there are options like that too over there.

This! I did mine by refua and paid pennies for my root canal. They offer discounts, if you ask-if you pay same day, they give a discount. If you give in your income, they give a discount accordingly. And I didn't have any pain! Bh

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:05 pm
I did mine by Hanson place in Brooklyn but you need a referral. It took a lot of months and still costed me $$$ but MUCH less than by my regular dentist.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What exactly is this?

I think it's called CareCredit. They have financing options for dental.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:42 pm
I don't know...
This is the first year my husband's work offered dental insurance, we decided to opt in and what do you know I needed to get my 1st root canal done...
I it's still adding up out of pocket but it's closer to 600 with the crown then the 3000 it would have been...

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:54 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
This! I did mine by refua and paid pennies for my root canal. They offer discounts, if you ask-if you pay same day, they give a discount. If you give in your income, they give a discount accordingly. And I didn't have any pain! Bh

Same

shanie5

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 11:50 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
I think it's called CareCredit. They have financing options for dental.

I've used care credit. It let me pay off the dental work interest free. But when my son also needed work and I added his work to it they did charge interest. Not sure if it was because it was over a certain amount, a second person, or another charge.

unexpected

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 11:55 pm
I was very happy with Shen-dental
Dr Fuzailov
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries