Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Curly Red Shaitel, NY

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:45 pm
I'm looking to buy a new curly shaitel that dries naturally, in the red family. I want something that looks natural and fits comfortably. Which company and which shaitel macher would you recommend for buying and cutting, Brooklyn area?

Also what type of shaitel is most natural - besides for a lace top?

Thank you!

gingie37

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:46 pm
Clary. I went to her main location in Brooklyn. She has a lot of naturally curly and red wigs.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:48 pm
I second Clarys. It's the only place you can get a natural red curly wig.
But beware that naturally curly is nothing like processed curly. You'll have to use the proper products when washing and wearing to keep the frizz away.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:13 am
Thanks so much! Any idea how much they run?

If I want to go into the brown family with red highlights, anyone know what's good?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:17 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
But beware that naturally curly is nothing like processed curly. You'll have to use the proper products when washing and wearing to keep the frizz away.

I have a red wig that’s naturally wavy, rather than really curly, but still I find that it gets a little frizzy sometimes. Which products have you tried that work?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:22 am
Anyone know anyone in Israel?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Embrace the frizz!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:30 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I have a red wig that’s naturally wavy, rather than really curly, but still I find that it gets a little frizzy sometimes. Which products have you tried that work?

Any dry oil serum. I use Sebastian dark oil but you can use anything. Moroccan argan oil is also good. Rub a small amount between your fingers and run through your wig with it.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:31 am
It's also much more effective if you apply this product when the wig is damp after washing it (if you're washing it yourself).

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! Any idea how much they run?

If I want to go into the brown family with red highlights, anyone know what's good?

Not 100% sure, it varies by length. They're not cheap. Probably close to 3k if you wear long.

Brown with red highlights- Miri wigs has some options but I don't think it's curly.

With redheads most of the time you will need to take a blonde wig and color it to your specifications.

Most brands don't make curly wigs as much, straight and wavy is more in.

gingie37

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:06 am
My clary was 1800 but it’s shorter than most people want. Shoulder length.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:09 am
Kiki has curly reds.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:21 am
Chany Weisel in Monsey and Brooklyn.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:47 am
All of you - thanks so much for responding!

I don't mind very wavy as opposed to curly, but I don't look good in straight. Re Kiki, is it better quality than Clary's? I want a good shaitel, good hair, covers my hairline, and comfortable. When comparing Zelda, Kiki, Bella, Clary, what's my best choice?

Also, is it better to go to a shaitel macher or straight to the company?

Regarding Eretz Yisroel, I got a Miri there (as far as I know they don't sell in the US, considered similar to a Bella). I was extremely happy with it. I have used it for about 7 years, washed it on my own, bH was great. I wish I could find something similar to that.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All of you - thanks so much for responding!

I don't mind very wavy as opposed to curly, but I don't look good in straight. Re Kiki, is it better quality than Clary's? I want a good shaitel, good hair, covers my hairline, and comfortable. When comparing Zelda, Kiki, Bella, Clary, what's my best choice?

Also, is it better to go to a shaitel macher or straight to the company?

Regarding Eretz Yisroel, I got a Miri there (as far as I know they don't sell in the US, considered similar to a Bella). I was extremely happy with it. I have used it for about 7 years, washed it on my own, bH was great. I wish I could find something similar to that.

Clary is better quality than Kiki and the color is less processed for sure.
You can still get a Miri for sure. If you were happy with it you may as well get that again. It's cheaper too. They might still have some wavier pieces.
Personally I think it's better to go to a sheitalmacher than the company direct. I feel it's less biased that way as they carry more than 1 brand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 4:46 pm
Thank you! So anyone know a really good shaitel macher in Brooklyn or somewhere nearby?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels