Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen tips/hacks - funny edition
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:06 pm
Bubby6 wrote:
Don't drink pure lemon juice with seltzer.

Don't even try.

Why?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:13 pm
If you want your kids to to eat something, Sit down to a plate of it and pretend to not wanna share any.

Surrendered

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:18 pm
Better yet, if you want your forbidden food, hide in your room with the food...
It tastes better when you hide while eating.
Otherwise you'll give a piece to each child and you'll stay with none.

Surrendered

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:27 pm
oh, when you have left over egg whites, some people say to freeze it for the next time you bake.
A better idea is to rub it on your face, its a great face exfoliator. Leave it on for 5 minutes, and wash off well.
On the same token, I heard that shmeering yogurt and coconut oil or milk is also a great moisturizer and exfoliator.
The truth is, whatever you find in the refrigerator, is most probably a good toner as well.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:31 pm
Check your kids' backpacks nightly. Rotten oranges mixed with soggy potato chips and craisins, topped with melted chocolate does not a good salad make. Go ahead and ask me how I know this. I might just pretend I never heard your question.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:41 pm
when you need to make saltwater for pesach, you should ask imamothers for recipes. they have the best salt-water-making tips and techniques. don't ever try making it with just common sense. too risky.

preciousmommy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:58 pm
glamourmom wrote:
when you need to make saltwater for pesach, you should ask imamothers for recipes. they have the best salt-water-making tips and techniques. don't ever try making it with just common sense. too risky.

This was my first year making a seder and apparently I should have checked for recipes, because mine didn’t come out right! As much salt as I added, my family kept telling me it didn’t taste salty LOL

Bubby6

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Why?

Why not lemon juice and seltzer? Why not try it and see why not.

(Explosion warning)

Bubby6

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:05 pm
preciousmommy wrote:
This was my first year making a seder and apparently I should have checked for recipes, because mine didn’t come out right! As much salt as I added, my family kept telling me it didn’t taste salty LOL

Perhaps they lost their sense of taste due to COVID?

Bubby6

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:07 pm
preciousmommy wrote:

Actually making salt water is a secret recipe I got from my dd grandmothers sisters niece. Go figure.

You have to be super skilled. It is almost like making iced water.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:13 pm
Dogs make the best automatic floor cleaner. I swear I am naming my next dog "Roomba". Doesn't that even sound like a dog name? LOL

If I tell my dog "clean up!" she will come running to see what mess I'm pointing to. If I say "leave it", she'll know that it's something that is not good for dogs to eat.

If you have cats that jump on the counter, do not leave a dirty pan with a glass lid out. At 3am you will hear a horrifying crash, a YEOOOW!, your dog will freak out, and you will wake up going "What the heck is going on?"

The next morning you will see that the pan is on the floor, and the glass lid has shattered into a million tiny shards that you will still be sweeping up until next Pesach. How do they get everywhere, when you've swept and mopped 10 times already? wondering

Success10

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:15 pm
Bubby6 wrote:
Why not lemon juice and seltzer? Why not try it and see why not.

(Explosion warning)

I always drink lemon juice and seltzer. Nothing that amazing happens. Add sweetener and it tastes like Sprite!

Bubby6

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:48 pm
Success10 wrote:
I always drink lemon juice and seltzer. Nothing that amazing happens. Add sweetener and it tastes like Sprite!

Pure organic lemon juice and seltzer created an explosion here. Maybe I should ask my ds if his chemical set had anything to do with it.

preciousmommy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 2:54 pm
Bubby6 wrote:
Perhaps they lost their sense of taste due to COVID?

BH no Covid here!

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 3:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
OMgoodness, I'm reading this too fast to like. Can I just say that likes probably mean, I did it too?
Here's mine, done as a teenager, visiting my aunt, who I assumed did everything just like my mother. Eggs in the door egg compartment (remember those ridiculous egg cups on the door?) were also hard-boiled, weren't they? And of course we crack our hard-boiled eggs against the refrigerator door.

(Years later I learned stuff like salt to clean up eggs on the floor. And speaking of eggs, if a shell falls into a batter, scoop it up with another piece of eggshell. But maybe this isn't the thread for that.)

Not to derail this thread, but what‘s this salt trick for eggs? Never heard of it.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 3:13 pm
Surrendered wrote:
when buying mentos to treat a child, never buy cola at the same time.
I had a volcano and an entire sticky kitchen to clean off...
Of course they said they will clean it up, never trust kids.
Best tip ever! When will we learn?

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 3:19 pm
Surrendered wrote:
oh, when you have left over egg whites, some people say to freeze it for the next time you bake.
A better idea is to rub it on your face, its a great face exfoliator. Leave it on for 5 minutes, and wash off well.
On the same token, I heard that shmeering yogurt and coconut oil or milk is also a great moisturizer and exfoliator.
The truth is, whatever you find in the refrigerator, is most probably a good toner as well.
ok, if you say so. I’m off to try some of that goopy cholent left in my fridge since Shabbos.

my mama

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 3:49 pm
soap suds wrote:
Not to derail this thread, but what‘s this salt trick for eggs? Never heard of it.

If an egg breaks sprinkle liberally with salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Cleans up like a dream.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 4:19 pm
soap suds wrote:
ok, if you say so. I’m off to try some of that goopy cholent left in my fridge since Shabbos.

Make sure to shut your mouth tight.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 4:24 pm
my mama wrote:
If an egg breaks sprinkle liberally with salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Cleans up like a dream.
Wow! Why did I not know this? I feel like breaking an egg now just to try it out. LOL
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen