Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New coronavirus cases in monsey and camps
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:13 pm
Unfortunately, there have been 3 documented cases in monsey - one in new square.

Also, Camp Bnos has had 2 confirmed cases and they're closing down for the first half early.

Does this mean a new wave is starting? Timeline would match people mingling in colonies upstate for weeks now. Does this mean we need to start being vigilant about masks again?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:14 pm
Im sorry but if people in NY really thought the pandemic was over for them, I have a bridge to sell them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:16 pm
People definitely think its over. In Brooklyn, you barely see anyone Jewish walking with masks on the streets

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately, there have been 3 documented cases in monsey - one in new square.

Also, Camp Bnos has had 2 confirmed cases and they're closing down for the first half early.

Does this mean a new wave is starting? Timeline would match people mingling in colonies upstate for weeks now. Does this mean we need to start being vigilant about masks again?

No, the numbers were never down to zero. There were always a trickle of positive cases in the community. But a trickle of cases is still considered 'over' for now.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The first wave hasn’t been over. There are more tests available, so more cases ll show up.
Whoever tests positive has to stay home for 2 weeks and whoever has been in contact with such person as well.
We should not stop being vigilant.
Go tell a Jewish person that they have to do something that is not convenient for them.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:25 pm
It must be a mistake. Everyone there is immune.

Edited to note sarcasm. I forgot people can't tell.

chestnut

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does this mean we need to start being vigilant about masks again?

You shouldn't have stopped being careful about masks.
That said, these aren't the first cases lately. There are some in BP and Deal. It doesn't qualify for the 2nd wave, imo, and we don't know if it's reinvention. BH, it's not spreading like before and I sincerely hope it won't.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:45 pm
It doesn't mean anything. People that were sick in March are still testing positive now.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:47 pm
How can you call 3 cases a new wave?
Nobody ever said it'll go away completely. A lot more people are testing. A lot of tests aren't accurate.
I'd hardly be concerned.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

To me it's only a 2nd wave when ppl get it for the 2nd time. as long as the ppl who caught it didnt have it yet, that means it's still the first wave.
And this 'new wave' originated with someone coming out of state, bc there were no carriers left in the local community to spread it.
Which is why I'm so upset about people coming in from out of state or out of country and bring it with them.
From what I hear, whoever still catches it now is having an extremely mild form bh. There have been no hospitalizations in the community. It's young healthy ppl and they are bh okay.
This doesnt mean we should stop being vigilant. I'm just commenting on your question whether we have a new wave. We don't.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
How can you call 3 cases a new wave?
Nobody ever said it'll go away completely. A lot more people are testing. A lot of tests aren't accurate.
I'd hardly be concerned.

Unless you were that person's parent/sister.....

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:59 pm
Is Camp Bnos even open? My nieces who were supposed to go told me it didnt open.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It doesn't mean that there's a second wave. It means that while social distancing and masks, together with good old time, has lessened the tide in NY, it never really went away. This is expected.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Is Camp Bnos even open? My nieces who were supposed to go told me it didnt open.

Yes, they're open.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:06 pm
Mama bear, I and my family members never had it and I know quite a few others here in brooklyn who didn't, so yes I'm worried if it starts spreading again

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
To me it's only a 2nd wave when ppl get it for the 2nd time. as long as the ppl who caught it didnt have it yet, that means it's still the first wave.
And this 'new wave' originated with someone coming out of state, bc there were no carriers left in the local community to spread it.
Which is why I'm so upset about people coming in from out of state or out of country and bring it with them.
From what I hear, whoever still catches it now is having an extremely mild form bh. There have been no hospitalizations in the community. It's young healthy ppl and they are bh okay.
This doesnt mean we should stop being vigilant. I'm just commenting on your question whether we have a new wave. We don't.

Medical definition of a second wave:

"A phenomenon of infections that can develop during a pandemic. The disease infects one group of people first. Infections appear to decrease. And then, infections increase in a different part of the population, resulting in a second wave of infections."

whewpy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:09 pm
There are some documented cases of people having it twice. Our dr has 2 patients who tested positive, were in hospital, tested negative, had antibodies and are now positive again. However, that is only 2 confirmed cases I can verify and that is not a wave. Its happened with other diseases that you can o ly get once such as chicken pox. It's more of a fluke for now

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:10 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Mama Bear that is NOT what a second wave is.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:14 pm
whewpy wrote:
There are some documented cases of people having it twice. Our dr has 2 patients who tested positive, were in hospital, tested negative, had antibodies and are now positive again. However, that is only 2 confirmed cases I can verify and that is not a wave. Its happened with other diseases that you can o ly get once such as chicken pox. It's more of a fluke for now

Ignorance is Bliss

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 1:16 pm
whewpy wrote:
positive again with symptoms? How sick exactly?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics