Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New coronavirus cases in monsey and camps
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The overnight camp never materialized. They have a day camp program only for this year - so only campers with summer homes in tje Catskills were able to attend.

I just asked them and thats what I was told. They're not in the Catskills so they're not able to go.

And this is what a lot of us were afraid of. The daycampers spreading it in camp and everyone going home at night and potentially spreading it to their families and neighbors.

If they would have allowed sleep away camp it would have been contained to people in camp only.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:24 pm

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I just asked them and thats what I was told. They're not in the Catskills so they're not able to go.

And this is what a lot of us were afraid of. The daycampers spreading it in camp and everyone going home at night and potentially spreading it to their families and neighbors.

If they would have allowed sleep away camp it would have been contained to people in camp only.

I know of sleepaway camps that operated in a capsule (everyone had to test negative in order to attend) and BH all went well and the kids are home already after a month long trip.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately, there have been 3 documented cases in monsey - one in new square.

Also, Camp Bnos has had 2 confirmed cases and they're closing down for the first half early.

Does this mean a new wave is starting? Timeline would match people mingling in colonies upstate for weeks now. Does this mean we need to start being vigilant about masks again?

not necessarily. these results can be from old cases and people are feeling fine but still testing positive.
people have been mingling in colonies for 5 + weeks.
If you want to wear a mask , go ahead

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:00 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but if people in NY really thought the pandemic was over for them, I have a bridge to sell them.

I'm also sorry...for you! I've been enjoying my summer immensely, along with a few hundred people ka"h and we are all hearty and healthy, Baruch Hashem!

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I'm also sorry...for you! I've been enjoying my summer immensely, along with a few hundred people ka"h and we are all hearty and healthy, Baruch Hashem!

Great! That’s wonderful that you are all hearty and healthy. But that doesn’t mean that the pandemic is over. Banging head

..shabbatiscoming.... about that bridge you have for sale... Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:16 pm
Surrendered, theres an article in hamodia and boropark24. Dont know how to upload it but you can google it

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:44 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but if people in NY really thought the pandemic was over for them, I have a bridge to sell them.

[personal attack removed]
Sinas chinam before tisha bav on a frum website.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:50 pm
A handful of cases does mean that it’s over!!!’
Bh we are up to a few cases in the last few weeks! Stop saying that we are still in the middle of a pandemic!! For Us in Brooklyn and the Catskills it’s over!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:55 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Op, I'm curious where you got this information from. Would you mind PMing me?

According to my nieces, who always go to Camp Bnos but arent there this year, they closed down camp.

I have also heard about a few scattered cases in Lakewood, mostly people who came back from Florida and other places with outbreaks

It really doesnt seem to be spreading as quickly or affecting people as terribly as it was in the beginning.

Laiya

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 12:13 am
No one knows what the future will bring, but here's how things look right now in NY:

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
When I see shabbatiscoming, I see "I Hate New York is coming": Sinas chinam before tisha bav
on a frum website.

I reported your post.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 12:43 am
The children that are positive;
do they even have any symptoms? Children don’t spread the disease.
Anyways if you want to stay locked up forever.... go for it!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 4:06 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
What else are you worried about that 1% of people in the entire israel have?

Selfish is people who politicize medical treatments to pressure people into not taking them.
Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 4:07 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Why would you be sorry for me? No need. Im doing what Im supposed to be doing in Israel.
Im sorry for the people who think its over where they live. I know its not over here in Israel. Not by a long shot.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 4:09 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
When I see shabbatiscoming, I see "I Hate New York is coming": Sinas chinam before tisha bav
on a frum website.
Alrighty then. Whatever makes you be able to sleep at night.
I do not hate new york. I have no feelings for new york. I care about people that are sick or who want to be able to go outside but that there are people who are not wearing masks or social distancing so it makes it hard for those that are higher risk.
And amother, this thread is about monsey, new york!

ora_43

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 4:51 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
What else are you worried about that 1% of people in the entire israel have?

All the other illnesses that are extremely contagious and have a high hospitalization rate.

BH currently that list is quite short, at least in Israel. (There are countries dealing with ebola, polio, and even the black death on top of covid Sad )

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 5:34 am
ora_43 wrote:
All the other illnesses that are extremely contagious and have a high hospitalization rate.

BH currently that list is quite short, at least in Israel. (There are countries dealing with ebola, polio, and even the black death on top of covid Sad )

What illnesses are those? I have no idea.
Right now the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths in NY are dropping consistently and staying low. Thousands of people are spending the summer together in camps, bungalow colonies, etc. Also in PA where overnight camps have moved to. It's been 4+ weeks, how long does this have to go on for for people to realize that maybe it's true the risk of kids spreading the virus is minimal. Or maybe it's true that it's not as contagious or deadly as it was in March/April.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:05 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
The children that are positive;
do they even have any symptoms? Children don’t spread the disease.
Anyways if you want to stay locked up forever.... go for it!

Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

https://www.smithsonianmag.com.....5396/
The study found that compared to adults, kids carried the same viral load, a signal of infectiousness.
Some reports place children at the center of spreader events. In Israel, the number of new cases has risen from fewer than 50 per day two months ago, before schools reopened, to more than 1,500 per day now.

https://www.advisory.com/daily.....ssion
CDC warns that all people with Covid-19, including those with mild cases of the disease and children, "can still pass this virus onto others who may be at higher risk, including older adults and people who have serious underlying medical conditions."

https://www.mana.md/can-childr.....d-19/
We know at this point that children can catch coronavirus, and also that they can spread the disease, even if they don’t have symptoms.

https://www.thecut.com/article......html
Research increasingly suggests that though younger children may be less likely to spread the virus than adults, that’s not the case for older children. A recent study from South Korea found that while children under 10 were about half as likely to spread the virus as adults, children between the ages of 10 and 19 spread the virus at least as much as adults, if not more (and it’s been well documented that adults are capable of spreading the virus widely, especially in crowded indoor settings). Researchers say that it’s still unclear why younger kids would be less likely to transmit the virus, but speculate that it may be because they are often asymptomatic, and less likely to cough and spread infectious droplets. It also seems likely that younger kids are spreading the virus less often simply because they are infected less often.

Shall I go on?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:46 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
THe meshulachim are bringing it in from israel. A few of them were tested positive.
They go around to the shuls and homes who knows who else caught it but arent testing?

Why are you looking to blame someone? And specifically a Jew? It really could have come from anyone. People are coming in and out of NY every day, and many of them are not quarantining properly. Someone I know just flew into NY from out of state. She said on the plane, they had to fill out paperwork with info on it, and when they got off the plane, they had to put it in a box. I’m sure they are not the only ones who didn’t fill out the paperwork. And what about all the people who drive in? No one is stopping them at all, no one even knows about them.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics