Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
MUSIC TOGETHER program

queen

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 3:30 pm
Curious if anyone else has ever joined one of these groups and what their experiences has been?

I just finished a semester with my children which was very enjoyable, but I doubt they really gained musically from the classes other than having a very enjoyable 45 minutes out with their mother each week.

What was your experience?

http://www.musictogether.com/

bigdeal

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 6:03 pm
heres my two cents:

all these music ,dance, instrumentation, and drama programs are a good idea for many reasons:

1. In the olden days- there were only these options: cooking ,sewing crafts - etc- what about the girls that can or want to use a different form of talent???

2. these programs encourage individuality and confidence ( I have seen so many of my drama students that were so petrified to speak or utter a word in public, but at the end of a semester literally transformed

3. at the end of the day - they STILL learn something- even if they dont come out being proffessionals in that field

4. Its especially nice to show that as a JEw - girls can have a healthy KOSHER way of expressing their talents..... in a frum environment

5. socially, its a great experience to meet ppl of all ages, talents , etc.

On the downside- it IS costly and one has to wonder if some of it is a waste, but the pros outweigh the cons ( IF one can afford it)

queen

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 7:32 pm
this program is for kids approx 10 months- 5 years old....

fleetwood

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 11:12 am
I did it with my older DD and am now doing it with my almost 2 year old. I loved and still love it. It forces me to get out of the house with her every week. I dont think she really gains much musically but I don't really care because the more used to it she gets the more she'll get involved.

queen

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 11:16 am
I think the one who created it was very smart. It is based on research however at the end of the day they are capitalizing on mothers wanting to have an enjoyable outing with their infant/toddler.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics