Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Camp Bnos Should’ve Opened As Sleepaway
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:40 am
Before you throw tomatoes at me try to listen with an open mind.
Bh all Sleepaway camps that are open for 4 weeks already are corona free. Hashem should continue protecting them and all of Klal Yisroel. Unfortunately due to Cuomo’s political agenda Camp Bnos was following the legalities and operated as a daycamp where the campers came and went daily and now 2 cases were discovered there and the place shut down. So perhaps Cuomo was mistaken after all.
Now throw the tomatoes! Hiding

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:15 am
I won't throw tomatoes. However, a reality check. A number of kids in the sleepaway camps were feeling under the weather, flulike the last few weeks. But, no ones testing. Shhhh

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 2:38 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I won't throw tomatoes. However, a reality check. A number of kids in the sleepaway camps were feeling under the weather, flulike the last few weeks. But, no ones testing. Shhhh

You’re 100% right!!! And where my nieces are temperature is being taken daily from every girl and 2 girls were sent home already without being tested so... and not everyone that’s positive has fever, so who knows how many positive cases there with no symptoms..

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 2:42 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
You’re 100% right!!! And where my nieces are temperature is being taken daily from every girl and 2 girls were sent home already without being tested so... and not everyone that’s positive has fever, so who knows how many positive cases there with no symptoms..

And what if there were asymptomatic cases? Did u want camps to test everyone every day? R u testing yourself if asymptomatic?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 2:52 am
The point were making is that sleepaway wouldn't be a better option. Its basically all the same at thispoint

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:07 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

So what's the problem? There are things that go around sleep away camps every summer. As long noone is getting seriously sick and it's not spreading like crazy is it such a big deal? If it is covid it's being contained on the campgrounds where the majority are healthy young people (and frankly if they arent healthy and young they dont belong there this summer)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:13 am
delete

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:14 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
So what's the problem? There are things that go around sleep away camps every summer. As long noone is getting seriously sick and it's not spreading like crazy is it such a big deal? If it is covid it's being contained on the campgrounds where the majority are healthy young people (and frankly if they arent healthy and young they dont belong there this summer)

If they bring it home with them it could be. And the way things spread some may not get the germs or even start feeling sick till right before it's time to go home.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:16 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
If they bring it home with them it could be. And the way things spread some may not get the germs or even start feeling sick till right before it's time to go home.

Well essentially they've been quarantined together for 4 weeks so if they caught it the symptoms wouldve came out already

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 4:48 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Well essentially they've been quarantined together for 4 weeks so if they caught it the symptoms wouldve came out already

Dds teenage Friends came back from sleep away this week. They said that almost half the camp lost their sense of taste and smell while at camp but camp continued as normal. I imagine there will be more stories like this in the weeks to come.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 4:50 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Dds teenage Friends came back from sleep away this week. They said that almost half the camp lost their sense of taste and smell while at camp but camp continued as normal. I imagine there will be more stories like this in the weeks to come.

Yes and it is our elderly parents and grandparents that will likely suffer.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 4:57 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

And they probably didnt say anything to the parents bc the camp is the legal guardian now. (Of those who signed) If they were my kids I would of taken them out....

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 5:10 am
My kids are in a camp that tested them atleast twice in camp. I am fairly certain that my kids wont bring home the virus.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:27 am
My nephew was sent home from his overnight with fever etc. He ended up testing negative for covid. Me and my family had terrible cold and body aches and fever at the end of June. Lost taste and smell as well. Tested negative for corona and positive for rhinovirus aka plain cold. Btw, we quarantined until results came back.
NOT every fever and loss of smell is corona. And the virus that we had was going around the community. The kids probably brought it to camp. Again, it wasn't corona but a bad cold.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:40 am
Some frum communities are treating this as a joke. My daughter’s camp doesn’t even have soap in all the bathrooms. Forget about any kind of precautions.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:06 am
Did these camps require quarantine before going? My kids camps did. We drove ourselves nuts distancing etc so they could go to camp. I'm talking about camps in PA. Regular overnight camps. They are still there.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:12 am
Whatever they could would shouda, didn't they open as a day camp because it was legal this way? Could they have even opened as a sleepaway camp without resorting to the type of loopholes that are being bashed here? If I'm right, then there's really no second guessing.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:18 am
Kids getting fever/sick doesn't translate always in covid! When my kids started going to day camp a bunch of them got strept and viruses. This was a result of quaratining for 3 months and then being exposed to other kids. Such is life!

And yes, opening as a sleep away camp is much safer than the coming and goings of day camp. But this is all political and done with absolutely no sechel.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:21 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Some frum communities are treating this as a joke. My daughter’s camp doesn’t even have soap in all the bathrooms. Forget about any kind of precautions.

You don’t think you are contributing to that attitude by knowingly sending her to that camp? If you don’t think it’s an issue, then you think it a joke as much as they do. If you do think it’s an issue, you are contributing to their attitude by allowing your daughter to go there.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:23 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Did these camps require quarantine before going? My kids camps did. We drove ourselves nuts distancing etc so they could go to camp. I'm talking about camps in PA. Regular overnight camps. They are still there.

My son went to camp in PA. They required a negative test result AND quarantine. He came home on Monday, and I haven’t heard anything about any cases while he was there.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics