Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Thank you Hashem, what are you thankful for?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:40 am
I am so grateful. I have so much to thank Hashem for. I have this whatsup group but I don't feel it's anonymous enough. And I would like to thank Hashem publicly too!!

I am so grateful to Hashem that with hard work on myself I'm able to approach my finances with only little anxiety. I am a single mum and trying to get a mortgage which is a huge thing in its own right. Never mind dealing with day to day finances.
I will thank again publicly when I managed to get it which will only be with Hashems kindness of course because it doesn't look so simple with my small income.

I thank Hashem for my health and will thank again publicly for the outcome of my blood test.

I thank Hashem that I am able to sell my car in order to get a smaller one.

I thank Hashem for my children and that they are happy.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:42 am
For my children

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:24 am
For everything actually ...
For the good and for the best .
Because the hard part of our lives is is mamash the best , we just can't recognize it immediately.
So thank you Hashem for what I am
Thank you for my children
To be able to breathe , to be able to walk and function
Thank you for the strength
Thank you for the difficulties as well
Thank you for the ability to say thank you .
'טוב להודות לד

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:00 am
Divorced mom here.

Thank you Hashem

That after years of not being able to pay utilities myself, I am able to now. That I have funds now for the next few months for food.

That peace reigns in my home. And it's a healing environment.

That DC married a truly wonderful spouse despite all the slander.

Received Get after many years waiting

For each of my dear children

For my wonderful parents, especially one of them

Pamela

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:12 am
So much to thank for!!!!
For Mine, DH and Children’s health (Yes we have the regular and above average struggles but I’m so thankful for the Struggles and the physical parts that are healthy)
For Parnassah
For our homes
For our Children
For having an amazing husband
THANK YOU HASHEM!!!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:29 am
Op, thanks for starting this thread! I’m thankful to H’ for everything He’s given me until now and for what He gives/does and what He’ll give me in the future.
I’m thankful for my challenges because although I don’t understand, I know it’s for my best.
I’m thankful for the people in my life who care about me.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am so grateful. I have so much to thank Hashem for. I have this whatsup group but I don't feel it's anonymous enough. And I would like to thank Hashem publicly too!!

I am so grateful to Hashem that with hard work on myself I'm able to approach my finances with only little anxiety. I am a single mum and trying to get a mortgage which is a huge thing in its own right. Never mind dealing with day to day finances.
I will thank again publicly when I managed to get it which will only be with Hashems kindness of course because it doesn't look so simple with my small income.

I thank Hashem for my health and will thank again publicly for the outcome of my blood test.

I thank Hashem for my beautiful and sweet and kind son, for my health, for my house, for my family,for everything that I see as good and for the things which are good even though they may not feel good.

giselle

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:34 am
I’m grateful to Hashem for allowing me to feel the joy of being a mother. It is truly the greatest happiness for me, and nothing measures close to it.

I am grateful that He opens my eyes to see His hand in every day life and I daven that I should always be able to see this, even through the hard times.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:46 am
I like to thank Hashem for all the little things. Of course I'm grateful for the big things: my family, my health, my job, the State of Israel and so on, but I really do briefly say "thank You and I hope this isn't my sachar in olam hazeh so that I can be punished in olam haba" in my mind whenever...

--the elevator is right on my floor when I get there;
--I get to the bus stop two minutes before the bus that runs only three times an hour;
--I get a seat on said bus;
--eggs go on sale just as I'm running out of them;
--eggs are on sale, there are only two cartons left and I get them;
--a dental checkup requires only a cleaning and no restoration work;

you get the idea.

happyone

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

thanks for the inspiration !!

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 11:53 am
People in my life that I’m close to
My pets
Having a job bH
Running water
The electricity and AC and internet and phones working
Being able to call long-distance
Having a car
Speaking Hebrew and being able to learn meforshim and daven
Food (especially watermelon lol, good for before and after a fast)
Lots more

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:24 pm
Thank You, Hashem, for giving me the strength to get through every one of my challenges.
Thank You, Hashem, for helping me grow to be a better and stronger person and for sending the right shiluchim to help me get where I am today!
Thank You, Hashem, for giving me the ability to see Your good within my challenges.
Thank You, Hashem, for giving me the ability to daven to You and to express my gratitude to You.
Thank You, Hashem, for giving me life every single morning.
Thank You, Hashem, for giving me the ability to laugh and to cry.
Thank You, Hashem, for my family, clothing, home, job, parnassah, health, food, and all my daily needs.
Thank You, Hashem, for the million things that go right every day--especially those that I'm not even aware of!

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:37 pm
Thank you Hashem
-For making me and my dh, through our sometimes difficult times, realize nothing to take for granted.
-For my dhs job and that he loves what he's doing.
-For being able to cover our monthly expenses
-For my healthy beautiful children
-for finding stuff when looking for it. And when not, for accepting that it's good that way as well
-For my kids being settled in a school which they love
-I'm thanking him for the right cheder he has prepared for my son.

Thank you Hashem for everything you did, do, and will do.

Thank you op for this inspiring thread.

life is fun

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:18 pm
thank you Hashem for everything

For being able to feel grateful
For my dd to feel brave to ride her bike after such a long time

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:03 pm
Thank you Hashem that I got through the fast today. It was tough but I managed.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:17 pm
To my dear father in heavon.
I pen you a note so small
Of immense gratitude we keeps me up tall
Gotten covid a week ago
The test positive it did show
Weak, heart pain and tired I did feel
Nausea, no taste and smell oh how I did miss a meal
But bh the weak flew
I was able to get up walk, cook, chat and daven. Activities I managed far from few
Of course slower and less complete
But covid I do have lets not cheat
And RBSH for you I did a favour today was the day
Which I didnot fast. I ate and drank. You said I may
I prayed for the final geula, beauty complete serene
A sight we cry for something so serene
And tatte thank you that I have no energy for a shower even after 9 long days
Its also Hashem your proper wsys
Thank you Hashem I have no energy but to sleep
And my dirty washing fills up so deep
Thank you Hashem my 7 days are over so for shabbot I can sleep out
And relax while my needs are taken about
You provide so much light even in the times so dark and black
Our choice to choose what we feel is a lack
Youre the best. I continue to daven always to see it
And only better blessings to shout your praise. Oh tutte for that let me be fit

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:18 pm
I love this thread

Thank you Hashem for the amazing supportive people I have in my life that are there for me through my toughest times...

Thank you Hashem for helping my husband and I work through so many hurdles that made our marriage stronger ...

Thank you Hashem for sending us to most incredible marriage counselor ... and for giving him the chochma to guide us properly..

Thank you Hashem for my beautiful sweet daughter and all the joy she brings me

Thank you Hashem for helping me get through the emotional and physical pain of my recent miscarriage and for helping me feel Your love through it all

Thank you Hashem for a job that I LOVE and for the friendships I’ve made with my coworkers and... amazingly supportive bosses

Thank you Hashem that my fast was easy today

Thank you Hashem for my incredible parents

Thank you Hashem husband’s amazing qualities

Thank you Hashem for all the good that seems so bad... I don’t understand how it’s good but I’m trusting You

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:24 pm
Thank you Hashem for everything- - - -
Right now I’m especially grateful to Hashem that so far we’re home & not in the hospital despite dc fever and that means that fever is not the biggest enemy anymore like it was was for years. That’s a reason to celebrate 🎉

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:42 pm
Thank you hashem for:
Wonderful Husand
Beautiful children and they joy they bring!
For dhs job
For our house, for the heating/ac for the privacy peace and serenity this house and neighborhood has provided.
Thank you for nudging us to end up here! Had we had more money, we would have bought somewhere else and we wouldn't have had what we have now.
Thank you hashem for such kind sweet neighbors with such outstanding middos. And thank you for those neighbors who aren't so kind, I know now to appreciate my good neighbors more, and even more, to appreciate myself!

Thank you hashem for creating me a Jew, and for putting me in the family that you did so I got to grow up and live as a frum jew!

Thank you hashem for coffee, and thank you hashem for my sweater (im cold when I fast. And this sweater is close to 20 years old... still from sleepaway camp as a preteen. Lol!)

Thank you for showing me you are here with me in those little but meaningful ways.
Like finding exact change, make carpool work out so easily, and the convenience of garage door openers!!!!
Thank you hashem for pools! And the ability to pay for it, and to swim!
I can go on and on.
But mainly, thank you hashem for taking such good care of me. For giving me what I need all the time and a also sometimes what I want.
Oftentimes, when things are difficult, I wonder how people who don't have You survive and live their lives. Thank you for being my ROCK.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:43 pm
🌟
Thank You Hashem that our central AC works perfectly all summer.
TYH for good-smelling detergent.
TYH that I have frozen strawberries to make a refreshing smoothie after the fast.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics