Home

Warning: Masks don't protect against Covid19 (box label)
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:25 pm
The warning on the box says that this mask doesn't protect against Covid19.
Most masks, including all cloth masks do not protect against Covid19.
Masks should not be mandated.

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:31 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
The warning on the box says that this mask doesn't protect against Covid19.
Most masks, including all cloth masks do not protect against Covid19.
Masks should not be mandated.

They are better than nothing. The only thing better is strict SD of more than 6 feet which is not possible on planes or busses. Even if the government doesn't mandate them, private industry should be allowed to and citizens should be able to do business with companies that have their safety in mind.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:33 pm
I am fine with private businesses requiring them. And with individuals wearing them.

But neither citizens nor business should be mandated to require masks.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:35 pm
Masks do provide protection. If you want to read actual scientific explanations, see

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020.....event

Or you can place your life and health, and the life and health of your family, on memes.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020.....d-19/

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:36 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I am fine with private businesses requiring them. And with individuals wearing them.

But citizens nor business should not be government mandated.

According to most public health officials, city busses and subways have a lesser risk of COVID if patrons wear masks so that is who I trust, although I don't ride either at the moment.

ShishKabob

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:39 pm
The mask companies just need to protect themselves against any lawsuit. That's basically it as I see it.

yonabets

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:47 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
The mask companies just need to protect themselves against any lawsuit. That's basically it as I see it.

Exactly!

Amarante

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:59 pm
Any person selling a mask or disinfectant or hand sanitizer is not allowed to make claims that they will protect against Covid or any other disease. If they are selling on Amazon or Ebay their listings will be taken down.

And as others have posted, they could theoretically be sued by someone who contracts Covid.

FWIW some school systems are not able to get insurance against Covid claims - in other words their new policies specifically exclude any claims. Same type of CYA because an insurance company does not want to have to spend money defending its insured against claims of anyone who contracted the disease and is looking for a deep pocket.

Please stop posting misinformation that is dangerous to the health of people who might actually believe your posts.

BatyaEsther

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:03 pm
The mask company can't guarantee you won't get it, but wearing it will significantly decrease the risk of you catching it or transmitting it to someone else if you are a carrier and possibly unaware.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:14 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
The mask company can't guarantee you won't get it, but wearing it will significantly decrease the risk of you catching it or transmitting it to someone else if you are a carrier and possibly unaware.

Only 15% are testing positive. So 85% of people DON'T have it, but are forced to mask
anyway???

Let those who want to wear a mask, wear it. And those who don't, don't.

This used to be a FREE country.

Amarante

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:18 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Only 15% are testing positive. So 85% of people DON'T have it, but are forced to mask
anyway???

So now that your initial post has been discredited as being false, you are now switching to whining about your right to infect others being violated.

Do you not think that people in a moral ethical society have an obligation to not harm others and to take reasonable precautions so that they don't kill or cause others to become ill. In your world people have the right to do anything they want in the *name* of freedom regardless of how their actions might impact those they come in contact with.

Okay then. Cool

MiriFr

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:21 pm
First of all, why is this in politics?!
Second- of course they don’t provide 100% protection. If someone sneezes into their hand, and then puts said hand onto a surface which you then touch- ungloved - and touch your face after you take your mask off and before you wash your hands, what do you think will happen?
They have to put the warning on for the same reason they have to put instructions on shampoo.
Rolling Eyes

WindowMagic

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:30 pm
The company is clearly trying to avoid liability. So what? Not sure why you would ignore scientists that says that masks do provide some protection.

If a helmet said it can't guarantee no brain injury in a fall, would you tell your grandchild not to wear a helmet when riding a bike? I just don't get posts like these.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:31 pm
Amarante wrote:
So now that your initial post has been discredited as being false, you are now switching to whining about your right to infect others being violated.

Do you not think that people in a moral ethical society have an obligation to not harm others and to take reasonable precautions so that they don't kill or cause others to become ill. In your world people have the right to do anything they want in the *name* of freedom regardless of how their actions might impact those they come in contact with.

Okay then. Cool

My initial post was NOT discredited as false. Only N95 masks are verified to be effective
against covid.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:33 pm
The CDC recently published a Meta Study analysis of 10 different studies and concluded that masks DO NOT stop the spread of Covid.

That's by the "holy" CDC!

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:38 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
anyway???

It was a free country until the pandemic. I knew a guy who found an abandoned pistol. He fired it several times and nothing happened so he pointed it at his friend and fired and I guess that you can figure out the rest but luckily his friend survived the bullet wound. Same here. 15% is a really high number for this virus and I agree that if 15% of a given population is infected, the other 85% shouldn't wear masks; THEY SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE. Masks may not prevent infection if people are gathered in a public place and 15% are infected.
Man alive, that's like saying that 100 people came to shul, 15 of whom were contagious.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:39 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
The CDC recently published a Meta Study analysis of 10 different studies and concluded that masks DO NOT stop the spread of Covid.

That's by the "holy" CDC!

On July 14, the CDC published "CDC calls on Americans to wear masks to prevent COVID-19 spread
JAMA editorial reviews latest science, while case study shows masks prevented COVID spread"

https://www.cdc.gov/media/rele......html

Care to post a link to where they revoked that, and said that masks don't work?

That's the same day that Trump also recommended that Americans wear masks.

https://www.politico.com/news/.....61836

But let's leave him out of it. This should not be political.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:46 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
anyway???

Freedom does not mean the right to harm others.

You have the right to own a hunting rifle. And chances are, if you stood on my balcony and shot that rifle randomly, you wouldn't hurt anyone. There just aren't that many people around. But freedom doesn't require that you be able to randomly shoot your rifle.

The vast, vast majority of car trips do not result in accidents. It is rare that a seatbelt is needed. But freedom doesn't require that you be allowed to not wear your seatbelt.

Come to think of it, most drunk drivers don't have car accidents. Through sheer luck. But freedom doesn't demand that we allow people to drive drunk.

The social contract necessary to civil society requires that people cooperate for social benefits, for example by sacrificing some individual freedom for state protection. A mask is just one of those things.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Freedom does not mean the right to harm others.

You have the right to own a hunting rifle. And chances are, if you stood on my balcony and shot that rifle randomly, you wouldn't hurt anyone. There just aren't that many people around. But freedom doesn't require that you be able to randomly shoot your rifle.

The vast, vast majority of car trips do not result in accidents. It is rare that a seatbelt is needed. But freedom doesn't require that you be allowed to not wear your seatbelt.

Come to think of it, most drunk drivers don't have car accidents. Through sheer luck. But freedom doesn't demand that we allow people to drive drunk.

The social contract necessary to civil society requires that people cooperate for social benefits, for example by sacrificing some individual freedom for state protection. A mask is just one of those things.

These mask mandates are unprecedented. We didn't even do this when polio and
small pox were around.

To put restrictions on healthy people is tyranny. Unless someone is proven infected, there is no right to put mass restrictions on EVERYBODY.

That is tyranny and was never done before.

southernbubby

Post  Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:57 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
These mask mandates are unprecedented. We didn't even do this when polio and
small pox were around.

To put restrictions on healthy people is tyranny. Unless someone is proven infected, there is no right to put mass restrictions on EVERYBODY.

That is tyranny and was never done before.

Hooray for tyranny!!! I love tyranny! If this is what tyranny is, it works for me Thumbs Up
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h