Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
May I take a shower tonight?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:18 am
I know I can do laundry tonight because Tom is Friday, in honor of shabbos. Do I need to wait to shower til Friday after chatzos or may I take one tonight?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:21 am
Some people are more lenient about this than others.
I remember as a teen I would always take a good warm shower right after I broke my fast, and then eat a fuller dinner after my shower. One year a cousin mentioned that I was supposed to wait so I asked my father, he called his rav who told him it would be preferable.
After I got married it came up again and dh asked about it. We were told to treat it like the 9 days, meaning since I shower in the 9 days but just colder water and shorter showers I can do that. Since I don't do laundry, eat fleishigs or listen to music in the 9 days I shouldn't do that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:50 am
It's like the 9 days unless this is your Shabbos shower.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note