Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My nephew’s camp is having visiting day this Sunday!
1  2  Next

ladYdI

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:08 am
Let the debate begin!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:10 am
If kids come and go to daycamps daily, why can't their be visiting day? And I know of quite afew camps that sent home all kids till after shabbos. So what's the difference if there's visiting day?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
If kids come and go to daycamps daily, why can't their be visiting day? And I know of quite afew camps that sent home all kids till after tishu ba'av. So what's the difference if there's visiting day?

I totally agree!
Just a reality check for those of you still living behind your masks.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I totally agree!
Just a reality check for those of you still living behind your masks.

There can be visiting day and everyone can wear a mask. It's not a contradiction.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:17 am
My brother's ultra Chassidish camp does not allow any in or out and no packages. He could not come home tisha bav because then he wouldn't be allowed back in.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:18 am
If kids come and go to daycamps daily, why can't their be visiting day? And I know of quite afew camps that sent home all kids till after tishu ba'av. So what's the difference if there's visiting day?

Sent home all kids after Tisha B’Av? How can that be, it’s today!!

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:43 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Sent home all kids after Tisha B’Av? How can that be, it’s today!!

Reread what she wrote ....
she said TILL (until) after Tisha Baav....

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:47 am

The argument they all made was that the camps would be completely closed, no one in, no one out.

Oh, nevermind. We didn't really mean that!

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:50 am
cnc wrote:

😂 you’re right, that’s what I get for reading while fasting!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:51 am
cnc wrote:

I wrote till after tishu ba'av but I meant till after Shabbos. I'll edit my post.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:37 pm
I really don't care either way, but my son's camp doesn't allow visiting Sunday but forced all boys to come home for Tisha bav till after shabbos. DD camp no visiting Sunday but whoever wanted to was able to go home. How is that not contradictory?? I don't care if there's visiting Sunday, I don't care if they come home, but to me it's defeating the purpose of what they're trying to avoid. Duh!!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:46 pm
The camps wouldve been a closed no-one-in-or-out environment if that would be the way to open it legally.
Since no permission was given to open it legally, they are running it however they want to.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:47 pm
That's so weird. I've never heard of sending kids home for Tisha b'Av. Usually camps make the day far more meaningful than it is at home.

My kid's sleepaway camps are not having visiting day this summer. Instead they're having the kids call home on scheduled days.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:02 pm
I don't get it.

Could you please explain to me, what is the point of this thread, especially today?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
That's so weird. I've never heard of sending kids home for Tisha b'Av. Usually camps make the day far more meaningful than it is at home.

My kid's sleepaway camps are not having visiting day this summer. Instead they're having the kids call home on scheduled days.

My son fasts much better in home, in his own bed, without the noise of other campers. And he doesnt like mandatory shiurim/classes on a fast day - he wants to do his own thing.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 5:08 pm
The past years, many chassidish cAmps send the kids home for tisha bav/shabbos nachmi. It's hard. For the staff, who are fasting, to supervise the children properly. Especially in the boys camps, since they're married mostly and have families. Also, the kids take along their laundry and bring it back all washed...win, win for camps.

Btw, I dont know any camp that isn't allowing entry thru side and back entrances in the catskills. And, the point is, m.h o one has gotten seriously sick.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
The past years, many chassidish cAmps send the kids home for tisha bav/shabbos nachmi. It's hard. For the staff, who are fasting, to supervise the children properly. Especially in the boys camps, since they're married mostly and have families. Also, the kids take along their laundry and bring it back all washed...win, win for camps.

Btw, I dont know any camp that isn't allowing entry thru side and back entrances in the catskills. And, the point is, m.h o one has gotten seriously sick.

It's a total cop out. There's no reason whatsoever for a camp to make it mandatory that the entire camp needs to go home for Tisha bav and shabbos nachmi - any year, not specifically this one. And they still charged the campers money for transportation to take them back home. I think it's chutzpa. (Not my son's camp b"h but my nephew's.)

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:10 pm
I think it’s weird to send kids home Tisha b’Av.
For kids in camp it can be so meaningful rather then being at home. I always found that and so did my kids.
My sons camp is a closed environment.
It’s a huge risk camps are taking. It just increases the chances of outbreaks.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 6:59 pm
I know this wasn’t the point of this thread( glad I’m taking it off track, especially today)
Camp was much more meaningful for me as a camper, my children too.
The only thing they do is sleep and bake.

I would want them to be in camp today.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:50 pm
Its different for boys than it is for girls. Girls for the most part dont go home for tisha b'av. Bochurim have it much harder. They have to be in shul for hours in the evening and hours in the morning. And after chatzos it's way better that they sleep in their own room, with enough air conditioning, no noise, and their own time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics