Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti vaccine cheder in monsey
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much for coming straight to the point . I appreciate that!!!

This is not the anti vaxx cheder. She's mixing it up with the cheder that doesn't take government funding. It's 2 different cheders.

ExtraCredit

amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I've answered you about the cheder.

Hope you get the answers you’re looking for now. Laugh Good luck!

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

crust

Ema of 4 wrote:
I see you don’t like my choice of words. I will go back to change it.

Its not the choice of words. Its the assumption that if someone posts about antivax it must be a chassidish poster.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:01 pm
It's in a house all ages together. Mostly very very frum crowd. It's not run like a cheder at all.

When “health trumps education”.....🙄

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:02 pm
crust wrote:
But why did you choose chassidim to begin with?
Is OP even chassidish? She didn't mention anything.

Asking honestly, because this is not my world. Do people who are not chassidish send to cheder? I said chassidim because I assumed that’s who we are talking about, becasue we are talking about cheder. I could be wrong...

crust

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:05 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Asking honestly, because this is not my world. Do people who are not chassidish send to cheder? I said chassidim because I assumed that’s who we are talking about, becasue we are talking about cheder. I could be wrong...

Ok maybe you're right
Not sure I should post with my critical brain today.

Have an easy fast.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:06 pm
crust wrote:
Ok maybe you're right

Have an easy fast.

You too :-)

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:07 pm
crust wrote:
Ok maybe you're right

Have an easy fast.

Did you book Lancaster yet?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:08 pm
This is not the anti vaxx cheder. She's mixing it up with the cheder that doesn't take government funding. It's 2 different cheders.

she aint mixing up nothing. it's exactly as she said and I second all of it.
but I do think OP you should try to get your info elsewhere cuz as you can see people aren't very fond of it here

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:09 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I know someone who sends there.

It’s an excellent well run cheder.

They have nice size classes, around 20.

They were in basements straight through corona. They have a regular building.

I hear the are many vaccinated kids asking to come next year.

They run a wholesome program. Excellent warm caring staff.

They have no govt funding. They even lowered their tuition price a few month after starting, because they were able to cover costs with less!

I second this.
I know 3 someones who send there.
The people who send there are very happy. Small warm place where every kid counts. Normal size classes. 2 of the someones I mentioned have kids in the same class, there are about 20 kids, it's one of the younger grades. They're only one age in a class, except nursery and kindergarten are together. The cheder is chassidish of all kinds of chassidus from really frum to neutral chassidish.

There's a separate cheder, I think ribnitz which doesn't take gov funding and is a very frum crowd.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:16 pm
OP, be sure to think this through well.
A family member sends there and is very happy.
BUT, they have a child in shidduchim and are going through gehinnom. Anti-vaxxers are a tiny minority in the chassidishe community and most others want nothing to do with the movement, most definitely not consider a potential shidduch with a vocal anti-vaxxer.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:16 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
she aint mixing up nothing. it's exactly as she said and I second all of it.
but I do think OP you should try to get your info elsewhere cuz as you can see people aren't very fond of it here

She is mixing up unless there are 2 anti vaxx cheders in Monsey. I know 2 people that send to the one I mentioned which I'm almost sure is the official anti vaxx cheder. There's a cheder in Monsey that doesn't take government funding, maybe Anti vaxxers are sending there.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:20 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
BUT, they have a child in shidduchim and are going through gehinnom. Anti-vaxxers are a tiny minority in the chassidishe community and most others want nothing to do with the movement, most definitely not consider a potential shidduch with a vocal anti-vaxxer.

Being antivax comes with a stigma and likek other stigmas, those which ppl can control and those which ppl can't control, we believe there's a basherte for everyone. It's true it limits your selection pool to those who are either antivax themselves or those who are ok with it, but that's how shidduchim work. People who don't have money, redheads, a sibling who is otd, a very outspoken girl, a very shy boy, very tall ppl, very short ppl - everyone has a few things that some people will mind and some don't. THey need to find each other, that's all.
If you believe that shidduchim are bashert and Hashem runs the world, you don't make decisions because of fear of "Shidduchim"

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

if her kids are just starting cheder, by the time they;ll be in shidduchim the stigma wont exist iyh

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:21 pm
I FIXED IT! I guess my hands my mind, I dont know but something disfunctional with me today. People sorry for the annoyance I gave out . Mistakes happen. Whoever focused on what I meant , and is smart enough to get what I meant thank you to you !!! It was one big fat mistake after the other , I still dont get to deserve to be laughed at and make fun of me!!! There are different ways how to correct or show someone that something isnt right. Would you laugh off someone like this face to face ??? I wonder!

Yes I agree the WAXING instead of vaccine. (I really guess I was totally absent minded or something ) was being hilariously funny , but is very easy also to get what I was trying to say , and again, their are ways how to say something without being hurtful. The word CHEIDER also went wrong . I'm sorry.

That said Even if I did sent out a message to the president or to the biggest celebrities, mistakes still CAN happen and it's ok!!! Not the end of the world!!!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I FIXED IT! I guess my hands my , my mind, I dont know but something disfunctional with me today. People sorry for the annoyance I gave out . Mistakes happen. Whoever focused on what I meant , and is smart enough to get what I meant thank you to you !!! It was one big fat mistake after the other , I still dont get to deserve to be laughed at and make fun of me!!! There are different ways how to correct or show someone that something isnt right. Would you laugh off someone like this face to face ??? I wonder!

Yes I agree the WAXING instead of vaccine. (I really guess I was totally absent minded or something ) was being hilariously funny , but is very easy also to get what I was trying to say , and again, their are ways how to say something without being hurtful. The word CHEIDER also went wrong . I'm sorry.
That said Even if I did sent out a message to the president or to the biggest celebrities, mistakes still CAN happen and it's ok!!! Not the end of the world !!!

P.s. btw with mailing out letters , or to any important or not important stuff, I do go over to make sure it's perfect, yet here on ima I just maybe dont think ...

Oish I’ll delete my comments. Of course mistakes happen to the best of us. What’s with me? I said that tisha baav I won’t correct mistakes! Shame on me!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:32 pm
I'm not chassidish, and English not first or 2nd language. I moved to the United states a few years ago .

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not chassidish, and English not first or 2nd language. I moved to the United states a few years ago .

There are very very few non-chassidish people in this cheder, primary language is yiddish.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The cheder is Chassidish Yiddish speaking AFAIK.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:38 pm
What a flop of a thread!!! Can this thread just be deleted and how? Just never mind it. It went very surprisingly off this whole conversation. Ended up with 2 different unexpected topics. It took me nowhere. Tho, Thanks for the maybe 3 helpful responses.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics