Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Let’s write something.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:07 pm
About the destruction of the beis hamikdash.
It’s tisha B’Av but we can continue it after tisha B’Av.

Pretty please? It can be a sentence or even a paragraph— just keep it flowing.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:10 pm
Yossi stood at the entrance of his home, waiting for his little daughter Basya to come back from playing in the yard. In the kitchen, his beloved wife Esther is pouring ladles or soup into 3 bowls set on the table.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:12 pm
We learnt that in every generation that the beis hamikdosh wasn’t rebuilt it’s like it would’ve been destroyed in those times?

Are we that terrible? And if we are, is there hope that things will change for the better? The generations are only getting weaker. Any thoughts Or chizzuk?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:13 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yossi stood at the entrance of his home, waiting for his little daughter Basya to come back from playing in the yard. In the kitchen, his beloved wife Esther is pouring ladles or soup into 3 bowls set on the table.

My brain is mush so don’t mind my asking. Can you explain the connection between this and the beis hamikdosh?

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:19 pm
Oh I planned to write something a little fictional but historical
....about this family witnessing the burning of the beis hamikdash and they go into galus

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:21 pm
Surplus wrote:
We learnt that in every generation that the beis hamikdosh wasn’t rebuilt it’s like it would’ve been destroyed in those times?

Are we that terrible? And if we are, is there hope that things will change for the better? The generations are only getting weaker. Any thoughts Or chizzuk?

I think it’s because people don’t want to accept or admit that they made mistakes or sinned a d they continue to make mistakes or sin (there are a bunch of things..too lazy to type them up now) and that’s why we’re still in galus.
We have to WANT to change for the better

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:22 pm
Is my brain really that liquidy that I read your question wrong 🙈

There’s still hope that we CAN change to be better jewish people.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:28 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Is my brain really that liquidy that I read your question wrong 🙈

There’s still hope that we CAN change to be better jewish people.

You read my question right. My point is though that if we didn’t change till now (in the past 2,000 yrs), is there hope that we will still change?
Sorry if I’m being pessimistic. It’s the brain fog due to fasting...

silverlining3

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:29 pm
The destruction we mourn
In Galus so forlorn
Feeling alone and withdrawn

For redemption we all wait
When will Hashem open the gate?
Wish we knew a date

But at the end, that day Iyh will arrive
Until then, let's focus on the good and strive
And we will bez"h make it out alive

Amen

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:37 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

As Basya comes close, Yossi holds his breath. They will have to tell her soon...
Poor, innocent Batya whose childhood is about to be torn away.
Yossi smiles at Baya and they walk inside together. The smell of fresh tomato soup is wafting through the air.
Esther wipes away a tear and encourages everyone to come to the table.
“Basya, mommy has something to tell you “, Yossi says softly.
That morning a letter had been hand delivered. It notified Esther that she would have to serve a prison sentence for the next 30 years. When her friends encouraged her to sign government papers applying for money for food for her family, Esther had no idea that the government would actually follow up and check into their resources. Although her husband was not employed she had a huge inheritance from a deceased uncle sitting in a foreign bank account.
Fraud the letter said. She committed fraud and stole from the government. She had been feeding her family on stolen money. She committed a crime which only imprisonment could rectify.
“I’ll need to leave our house, Basya”, Esther sniffled. “I won’t be here for you anymore. I want you to know that I’m leaving but I will always love you. You can stay here but I won’t be with you. Or you can go live with your grandparents until you grow up.”
Yossi put his head down on the table.
A parent leaving a child on her own...
Can the pain get any worse than that?
Basya looked at her mother. “Mommy, this is home and I want to stay here even though you are going away. You will still be my mother even though you will be far. I want to stay in this home... father will you be able to care for me alone?”

Ok continue on...
if you were able to see the nimshal -

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:41 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Oh I planned to write something a little fictional but historical
....about this family witnessing the burning of the beis hamikdash and they go into galus

The soup is gruel with sawdust Crying

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:43 am
Surplus wrote:

Rabbi Reisman spoke about this irony. We need to fix ourselves, yet we're put into galus where we don't have access to the very resources we need to fix ourselves.
It's doable.
We're almost there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club