Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Mask/Vaccines question
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:46 pm
I was waiting for a while for someone else to ask this question
I sincerely want to understand as follows
If you were one of the people who last year during measles outbreak felt/said/understood/claimed that people who don't vax are rodfim/mean/selfish/stupid- are you wearing a mask this year?
if you are not wearing a mask now, why don't you consider yourself everything you considered the anti vaxxers during measles?
help me understand
I see some of my good friends who really believed that anti vaxxers should do something that's uncomfortable for them aka vaxxing during measles, and now they're not doing what's uncomfortable for them aka wearing a mask...
get my question???

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:49 pm
Totally get your question.
I don't think anti vaxxer are rodfim or anything like that, so I can't answer.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:53 pm
I felt last year that people have the right to make a choice not to vaccinate their children. However, with that right, come strings attached. Namely, if theres an outbreak, they need to keep their children home to help contain the epidemic. Parents get two choices - give vaccines or choice b - dont give vaccines but keep your child home when theres an outbreak.

And, yes, I am one of the people in Brooklyn wearing a mask. So, there...

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:54 pm
I have the exact same question!
Actually I think it's an even bigger question because In the end of the day with vaccines you either give it or you don't .
But with masks there are varying levels . Only wearing it in stores snd big public places is also protective , social distancing is protective ect . There are many ideas of how to protect others . So to me someone ( who
Like so many people I know ) who refuses to take any measures that may protect people , is basically saying that they don't care ....

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:48 am
I am very consistent. I got vaccinated for measles last year and wear a mask this year. I felt that there were people then who didn't care who they infected and those people are still out there.

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:10 am
What about people who don’t vaccinate but are very worried about this and wear masks and strictly social distance? Do you think that’s a contradiction?

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was waiting for a while for someone else to ask this question
I sincerely want to understand as follows
If you were one of the people who last year during measles outbreak felt/said/understood/claimed that people who don't vax are rodfim/mean/selfish/stupid- are you wearing a mask this year?
if you are not wearing a mask now, why don't you consider yourself everything you considered the anti vaxxers during measles?
help me understand
I see some of my good friends who really believed that anti vaxxers should do something that's uncomfortable for them aka vaxxing during measles, and now they're not doing what's uncomfortable for them aka wearing a mask...
get my question???

This is a valid question. Anti mask and anti vax are generally the same train of though. Most RW will become pro mask with education. It's just the initial anti science spreads amongst the uneducated communities and later the education catches up.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
This is a valid question. Anti mask and anti vax are generally the same train of though. Most RW will become pro mask with education. It's just the initial anti science spreads amongst the uneducated communities and later the education catches up.

I disagree. In my community, the most ardent pro-vaxxers aren't wearing masks.

Anti-maskers can be anti-vaxxers or pro-vaxxers, although pro-maskers are usually pro-vaxxers.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I disagree. In my community, the most ardent pro-vaxxers aren't wearing masks.

Anti-maskers can be anti-vaxxers or pro-vaxxers, although pro-maskers are usually pro-vaxxers.

Thats only now until the bad information goes away with education.... then all pro vaxxers wil likely be pro maskers.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:54 am
Thats only now until the bad information goes away with education.... then all pro vaxxers wil likely be pro maskers.

What have you been drinking? Drunken Smile

itsmeima

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:02 pm
Yes, that’s exactly why I wear a mask when I enter a public place.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:33 pm

Most anti-maskers do research and don't just blindly follow the government experts - who have proven that they REVERSE themselves. For months, Faucci was saying DON'T MASK - now Faucci is saying we must mask. And we cannot do a randomized study because so many will die without masks, when he recently said masks don't help. That's who trust so blindly without doing your own research???

1. There is a CDC meta study analysis of 10 different studies that show that masks don't prevent spread of flu virus.

2. Countries where people don't mask had fewer deaths than countries that do mask.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:40 pm
There is also evidence that masks are harmful because they reduce oxygen and weaken the immune system if worn for many hours. Also can spread germs as people re-use them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:50 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
What about people who don’t vaccinate but are very worried about this and wear masks and strictly social distance? Do you think that’s a contradiction?

truly wonder if that exists
all the anti vaxxers I know were laughing at SD and masks from the start

nchr

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:55 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Most anti-maskers do research and don't just blindly follow the government experts - who have proven that they REVERSE themselves. For months, Faucci was saying DON'T MASK - now Faucci is saying we must mask. And we cannot do a randomized study because so many will die without masks, when he recently said masks don't help. That's who trust so blindly without doing your own research???

1. There is a CDC meta study analysis of 10 different studies that show that masks don't prevent spread of flu virus.

2. Countries where people don't mask had fewer deaths than countries that do mask.

1. The policy of no masks did not realize the ampunt of asymptomatic spread. Its actually incredible (the amount of asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread occuring). No one thinks masks prevent the wearer significantly from being infected. They can prevent serious superspreading and blind spreading.

2. Countries where peoole wear masks did much better, without even having to shut down (Japan and Uruguay for example).

Masks could be irrelevant for a certain portion of the population but public policy now cannot be changed based upon data we cannot yet obtain (I.e. how many people in NYS are immune).

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Pick me. My son has a medical situation which would make him possibly vulnerable to a vaccine reaction . He's unvaccinated . However if there was an outbreak of an illness that he wasn't vaccinated for , I would keep him home.
Likewise I definitely believe In doing my part to stop the spread of carona. If that means my wearing a mask and social distancing then I'll do that all the way. Not every anti Vaxxer has a political agenda.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:48 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Pick me. My son has a medical situation which would make him possibly vulnerable to a vaccine reaction . He's unvaccinated . However if there was an outbreak of an illness that he wasn't vaccinated for , I would keep him home.
Likewise I definitely believe In doing my part to stop the spread of carona. If that means my wearing a mask and social distancing then I'll do that all the way. Not every anti Vaxxer has a political agenda.

wouldn't really call you an anti vaxxer
you would've vaxxed if your child was eligible correct?
and if you have other kids they're probably vaxxed right?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Actually this describes me. Don’t vax, but have been super careful with SD and masks.

I don’t see the contradiction. I fear the dangers of vaccinations. I don’t see any danger to SD and masks.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:32 am
#BestBubby wrote:

The voice of reason shines again... Sunny

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 12:08 pm
Watch this video for some sobering and thought-inducing content:
https://www.facebook.com/mark......90002
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics