Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid swab test insanely painful! I’m traumatized!
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:58 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Where did you all go.

My husb and I went to Chemed in Jackson.
He asked them when I doing it, and they said , they already did..
A bedika is much more painful

My daughter got one in Chemed on Madison and she said it didn't hurt and that a throat culture is much worse.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 4:08 am
I've also heard from a person who is very undramatic that it was very painful. Because of that I refused to test when my workplace wanted us all to test as part of a seker (Israel). I would only agree to be tested if I was sick and needed medical treatment. Maybe if I needed it to get sick days from work.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 4:27 am
malki2 wrote:
I went to the place in Todd Plaza.

from what I saw it looked like the instant swab went higher - or maybe it’s just chemed vs friendlys protocol?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 4:29 am
I found it to be extremely painful and I usually consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance.
I almost screamed in pain and I really never do that.
That being said it was pretty quick and I stopped feeling it after a while.
The man who did it was really nice so that helped.

This was Israel btw I don't know if its different here

malki2

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:03 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
from what I saw it looked like the instant swab went higher - or maybe it’s just chemed vs friendlys protocol?

It wasn’t the rapid test that they were doing in the tents outside. It was the one where they stick it through your nose into your throat. But I should add that my son had it there also, and by the same person, and it didn’t hurt him. What

boots

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:30 am
From what I've heard the correct swab for the nasopharyngeal test has a smaller head than the typical flu swab. If the place you had your test ran out of the correct swabs, they might have used the flu swabs which are larger and not designed to be stuck that far up your nose. I can imagine that would be very painful.

https://www.typenex.com/produc.....D_BwE

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:32 am
I've had maybe 5-6 done for job related. All of the them were ok; uncomfortable at worst. It really depends on the person doing it.
A hint: tilt you head back, open your mouth and breath out your nose. It really helps.
Also rely to the person doing it that you are nervous so they will be more conscious.
Your nose is a canal with nerve endings on the side. So if they go straight through you shouldn't feel it. The issue is when they touch the walls that's when you would feel pain.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:38 am
My son needed it for camp he does not have a high pain tolerance. He was terrified.
We went to Chemed in Madison. It was nothing.
They just stuck the swab a bit up his nose. Did not go all the way up at all. They said it's not necessary with this kind/ brand. That the tests are made better now.
I'm wondering if different brands work differently?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:36 am
I got it before testing was so available so I was never tested.
I did do plasma testing through bikur cholim and they did blood work and a cheek swab. What was the cheek swab for?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:59 am
When I got the swab the nurse pushed it deep in my nose a few times causing excruciating pain and then declared it didn’t go in deep enough and she had to try again in my other nostril. My other nostril took a half a second went in and out and was like a tiny pinch no big deal.

My conclusion is that my left nostril is crooked or something so it hurt like heck. But a normal nostril would barely hurt at all.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:48 pm
malki2 wrote:
I’m pretty pain-tolerant and it literally felt like she stuck the swab into my brain. I had a localized headache for the next hour.

I felt that way when I had a swab done for flu! The dr warned me in advance not to pull his hand out or he’d have to do it again! It was awful!

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:50 pm
I had to do one it was a throat culture not bad at all. Nothing up the nose.

I need to have my kids tested to start school and my 5 year old is going to loose it. Hashem help me.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:53 pm
I have them down every week for work and some are more painful than others. Usually it’s just uncomfortable but occasionally it’s painful . It’s the same tester and test but I guess sometimes she goes in further than others
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics