Home

Daas Torah on Trump- Will Frum Jews listen?
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:39 am
Here you go. Daas Torah, a gadol hador has urged jews to vote for Trump.Rav Kamenetsky shlita sees the inherent danger in not voting for Trump, and cites the anarchy and violence now happening as a result of the Democrats.

Thursday, July 30, 2020
Rabbi Kamenetsky Endorsing President Trump Gets Lots of Media Coverage and Attention from Across the Spectrum
Bsd

Yeshiva World News
*HISTORIC ENDORSEMENT:* In a rare statement regarding politics, HaGoan Rav Shmuel Kaminetzky gave an endorsement to President Trump for the upcoming elections during an interview with Yisroel Besser of Mishpacha magazine.
https://shemittahrediscovered......l?m=1

Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky: 'Worrisome' if Trump not elected
Leading haredi rabbi endorses Trump. 'G-d has become a dirty word in much of America, religion and religious institutions are their enemy.'
https://www.israelnationalnews.....84437

Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky, a leader of American ultra-Orthodoxy, endorsed Donald Trump for the 2020 election in a rare statement to the Orthodox Mishpacha magazine.
https://forward.com/news/break.....rump/

Leading Orthodox Rabbi Endorses Donald Trump for Reelection
The 95-year-old rabbi says it would be 'worrisome' if the president loses, citing rising secularism as a threat
https://www.haaretz.com/us-new.....34163

Leading Orthodox rabbi endorses Trump for reelection
Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky calls on followers to vote for president out of 'gratitude' and cites rising secularism as a threat
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....tion/

R’ Shmuel Kamenetzky Urges All To Vote For Trump
https://matzav.com/r-shmuel-ka.....rump/

Leading Orthodox rabbi endorses Donald Trump for reelection
https://www.jta.org/quick-read.....ction

Rabbi Shmuel Kamenetsky Says Vote For Donald Trump For Reelection
https://vosizneias.com/2020/07.....tion/

Top U.S. Haredi rabbi endorses Trump
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1C3lJgbP

Rabbi Kamenetsky says Trump did 'good job,' warns against rising anti-religious sentiment
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news.....trump

Top American Rabbinical Leader Unequivocally Endorses President Trump for Second Term
https://www.jewishpress.com/ne.....7/30/

Leading Orthodox rabbi endorses Donald Trump for reelection
https://www.clevelandjewishnew......html


Last edited by Cheiny on Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:38 am
I think it's something to think about.
I can't see anyone going, wow! I'm going to change my vote now.
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:49 am
I still don't support him. Nothing will change my mind. I've seen enough!
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:12 am
I want to want to vote for someone.
I'm not inspired.
This is the best each side can produce?
Mickey Mouse would actually be better.
I don't know what I'll do.
R Shmuel Kamenetzky is someone I respect. But I don't know what I will end up doing.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:14 am
I'll probably do what I did in the last election: Hold my nose while I vote.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:23 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I think it's something to think about.
I can't see anyone going, wow! I'm going to change my vote now.


I don’t know, I’d imagine if someone holds from the gedolei hador, and Rav Kamenetsky shlita certainly is, they’d have to think twice before voting dem. But then, some people pick and choose what they hold, and also rationalize not making the treatment of Israel and the Jewish community a consideration in their votes, much less their priority.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:30 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I don’t know, I’d imagine if someone holds from the gedolei hador, and Rav Kamenetsky shlita certainly is, they’d have to think twice before voting dem. But then, some people pick and choose what they hold, and also rationalize not making the treatment of Israel and the Jewish community a consideration in their votes, much less their priority.


Yes, this is big and Rav Shmuel shlita is big. But there are many things he holds that not everyone does, or that he might pasken for someone who asks or whom he knows. That's the process. One can still ask one's LOR, for this and other things. (I really don't want to get into one big thing.)
Back to top

rae




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:31 pm
I understand why someone would not want to vote for Trump. But I cannot understand how any Jew can vote democrat at this point. There is no God and no morality in their policies.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:38 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I still don't support him. Nothing will change my mind. I've seen enough!


I’m sure no one is surprised, but scary when daas Torah doesn’t make someone stop for even a moment to think they might know better than we do.
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:45 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m sure no one is surprised, but scary when daas Torah doesn’t make someone stop for even a moment to think they might know better than we do.


Cheiny, you're very public about pro vaccination, pro SD, against camps and shuls opening, etc. Passionately.
And I laud you.
Truly.
But you are aware that R Shmuel Kamenetzky among others don't feel the same necessarily, have come out (quieter to those who ask) to open schools and camps, to allow unvaccinated children into schools.
Daas Torah can't be something you use to guilt people into voting a specific way. Especially when voting is so intensely private and personal.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:48 pm
keym wrote:
Cheiny, you're very public about pro vaccination, pro SD, against camps and shuls opening, etc. Passionately.
And I laud you.
Truly.
But you are aware that R Shmuel Kamenetzky among others don't feel the same necessarily, have come out (quieter to those who ask) to open schools and camps, to allow unvaccinated children into schools.
Daas Torah can't be something you use to guilt people into voting a specific way. Especially when voting is so intensely private and personal.


Excuse me? Please show me where I’ve posted about vaccinations, and the others, etc. It seems you’ve been listening to fake news and Democrats too long, It’s showing.
Back to top

srbmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:04 pm
Quote:
But you are aware that R Shmuel Kamenetzky among others don't feel the same necessarily, have come out (quieter to those who ask) to open schools and camps, to allow unvaccinated children into schools.

This is the key though. If someone asks for a personal psak thats one thing. But when a gadol makes a public statement like this, people need to think long and hard about their choice to go against it.
Back to top

Mothers




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I don’t know, I’d imagine if someone holds from the gedolei hador, and Rav Kamenetsky shlita certainly is, they’d have to think twice before voting dem. But then, some people pick and choose what they hold, and also rationalize not making the treatment of Israel and the Jewish community a consideration in their votes, much less their priority.


Rav Shmuel is definitely a Gadol b’Torah, whom we all respect, but he also supports anti-vaxxers, and I don’t think most of us would go along with that. . . To the best of my knowledge- we don’t believe in papal rabbinic infallibility. . .
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:15 pm
Mothers wrote:
Rav Shmuel is definitely a Gadol b’Torah, whom we all respect, but he also supports anti-vaxxers, and I don’t think most of us would go along with that. . . To the best of my knowledge- we don’t believe in papal rabbinic infallibility. . .
this
Back to top

happy12




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:15 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'll probably do what I did in the last election: Hold my nose while I vote.

Same here.
Picking the less of two evils.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:10 pm
Mothers wrote:
Rav Shmuel is definitely a Gadol b’Torah, whom we all respect, but he also supports anti-vaxxers, and I don’t think most of us would go along with that. . . To the best of my knowledge- we don’t believe in papal rabbinic infallibility. . .


I never heard him come out and make a public statement that no one should vaccinate. Did he do that?
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:51 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m sure no one is surprised, but scary when daas Torah doesn’t make someone stop for even a moment to think they might know better than we do.


I wonder what news channel they're listening to, Fox or CNN? 🤔

(They don't, they're busy learning Torah!)

Science and politics are two subjects I’d never ask a Rav.


Last edited by itsmeima on Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:53 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I wonder what news channel they're listening to, Fox or CNN? 🤔

(They don't, they're busy learning and answering tough questions.)

Science and politics are two subjects I’d never ask a Rav.


And probably more. Didn’t you ever learn that there us absolutely no subject that isn’t covered in the Torah? And there’s no question that daas Torah isn’t more knowledgeable on than lay people.
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:55 pm
Cheiny wrote:
And probably more. Didn’t you ever learn that there us absolutely no subject that isn’t covered in the Torah? And there’s no question that daas Torah isn’t more knowledgeable on than lay people.


Nope, never heard of it. How is Biden vs Trump covered in the Torah? How is vaccines covered in the Torah?
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:56 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Nope, never heard of it. How is Biden vs Trump covered in the Torah? How is vaccines covered in the Torah?


Call a Rov and ask.
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
An honest question for Trump voters 132 Today at 11:49 am View last post
Is Torah Temima giving boxes tomorrow.
by amother
3 Today at 9:48 am View last post
Proof: FBI spied on Trump, Comey lied
by Cheiny
0 Yesterday at 11:12 am View last post
Trump the Troll -- A Good Thing? 37 Yesterday at 12:11 am View last post
Torah Temima
by amother
14 Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:01 pm View last post

Jump to: