Home

TEACH ME! How to know when Trump is...
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Lets_Eat_Pie




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 4:56 pm
Cheiny, do you believe Trump was joking when he suggested delaying the election?
Do you support delaying the election?
Back to top

monkeymamma




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:05 pm
If Trump signs an executive order then you know for sure that he is serious and not joking.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:45 pm
Lets_Eat_Pie wrote:
Cheiny, do you believe Trump was joking when he suggested delaying the election?
Do you support delaying the election?


I couldn’t tell you what he was thinking like others here who deem to be inside his head, able to read his mind. I read his tweet which suggested it as a possibility, followed by lots of question marks.

I don’t support delaying the election and I am absolutely against mail in voting, as there has been a lot of evidence that fraud would be prevalent, as it’s already been, the postal service couldn’t possibly handle it or guarantee they’d all be received on time, no guarantees they’d be counted on time, and more than anything, the possibilities for fraud, especially in not requiring people show actual ID, which numerous democrats had been caught doing, and cats and dogs were sent ballots as well, would give Democrats full ability to steal the election. They’ve already been implicated in a lot of fraud, cheating, corruption. I have no doubt this would give them the exact opportunity they’re looking for.,, why else are they so unbelievably anxious for it to be allowed?


Last edited by Cheiny on Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:47 pm
As far as how to tell when he’s joking, I’ve seen numerous times when he was clearly joking but Dems disingenuously pretended to believe he was being serious. That would have to mean they’re either hopelessly gullible or hopelessly dishonest.
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 5:47 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
It easy. When he gets called out because whatever he said was so unbelievably stupid that even his supporters are shocked, he was just joking. When his supporters agree with him, he was being serious.

More like he throws out trial balloons. If he's attacked for the sheer idiocy of whatever he said, its a joke, don't you stupid libs know that?

So, was he joking when he said that he wasn't sure that he would accept the results of the election? When, without evidence, he attacked the validity of mail in voting (which is no different from absentee voting, of course). When he suggested that the election be postponed, contrary to the requirements of the US Consittution, because its too dangerous to vote (but not too dangerous to open schools and other things). I guess we'll see how his base takes it.


That’s not true. He’s said plenty stupid thing.
But he’s a great president IMO so his social stupidity Doesn’t bother me so much.

Let me see you say one nice thing about him ever.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:17 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
That’s not true. He’s said plenty stupid thing.
But he’s a great president IMO so his social stupidity Doesn’t bother me so much.

Let me see you say one nice thing about him ever.


Why does she have to say one nice thing? Perhaps there isn't any in her opinion?
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:05 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I couldn’t tell you what he was thinking like others here who deem to be inside his head, able to read his mind. I read his tweet which suggested it as a possibility, followed by lots of question marks.

I don’t support delaying the election and I am absolutely against mail in voting, as there has been a lot of evidence that fraud would be prevalent, as it’s already been, the postal service couldn’t possibly handle it or guarantee they’d all be received on time, no guarantees they’d be counted on time, and more than anything, the possibilities for fraud, especially in not requiring people show actual ID, which numerous democrats had been caught doing, and cats and dogs were sent ballots as well, would give Democrats full ability to steal the election. They’ve already been implicated in a lot of fraud, cheating, corruption. I have no doubt this would give them the exact opportunity they’re looking for.,, why are else are they so anxious for it to be allowed?


In 2016 there were 138 million votes cast.

Every day the usps handles 472 million pieces of mail.

Given that absentee ballots can be mailed over a several week period, I don't see how it's an issue. Even if it were over 2 weeks, that would be 10 million ballots per day (really it would more likely be nearer 5 million.

10 million is within the margin of every day differences in the mail.

These are purely scare tactics and Trump getting ready to fight the election result before it happens. It's a little sad.

Btw, you already don't show ID to vote. It's a signature comparison, which also happens with absentee ballots.
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Why does she have to say one nice thing? Perhaps there isn't any in her opinion?


Really? He hasn’t even done ONE good thing for our country?
That shows how untrue liberals are. They will deny anything good he did because his name is Donald Trump.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:14 pm
simcha2 wrote:
In 2016 there were 138 million votes cast.

Every day the usps handles 472 million pieces of mail.

Given that absentee ballots can be mailed over a several week period, I don't see how it's an issue. Even if it were over 2 weeks, that would be 10 million ballots per day (really it would more likely be nearer 5 million.

10 million is within the margin of every day differences in the mail.

These are purely scare tactics and Trump getting ready to fight the election result before it happens. It's a little sad.

Btw, you already don't show ID to vote. It's a signature comparison, which also happens with absentee ballots.


So I guess all the evidence out there proving voter fraud and that mail ballots were sent to cats and dogs and dead people is irrelevant?
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:29 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So I guess all the evidence out there proving voter fraud and that mail ballots were sent to cats and dogs and dead people is irrelevant?


The fact that you know about them proves they are.

Ballots sent, don't mean ballots returned.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:34 am
itsmeima wrote:
I'm asking because after @fox posted this (below) it got me thinking. Maybe I just don't get Trump, maybe half the time he's just having fun. How do you know when he's joking?

Let me start by saying that I'm going to approach this in an analytic, almost academic way. Not a partisan way. More like a rhetorical analysis of President Lincoln's speeches than a discussion of current events.
__________________________________

Although I've used it consistently, the word "joking" is really a misnomer, as it implies humor. A more accurate word would be "trolling."

Unfortunately, the word "troll" is used on Imamother in a way that no one else in the world uses it -- as an individual pretending to be someone she is not. As a result, I've discovered that no matter how many times this is explained, Imamothers get very confused.

In the rest of the Internet world, a "troll" is someone who says things that will make others react emotionally or overreact. A troll is not simply argumentative, aggressive, or a cyberbully of some sort. A true troll seeks to make a point -- not just sow chaos.

That trolls and trolling are inherently negative is assumed in a lot of the media, but not in the conservative counter-culture, where such a view is seen as hopelessly "normie." Trolls are regarded as the modern-day equivalent of court jesters, telling truths that cannot or will not be presented elsewhere.

President Trump is our first true troll president. He was elected by meme and by trolling the targets that a great many Americans found value in seeing trolled.
__________________________________

The best example of how trolling works is Hillary Clinton's "Basket of Deplorables" speech. This involved a 1-2 punch. The first punch came when Clinton read a series of tongue-in-cheek headlines from Breitbart News to show how awful they were. So she read out, "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" and "Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy," assuming everyone would take these headlines as literally as she and her speechwriters apparently did.

If you watch the video of this speech, you'll hear groans, but you'll also hear nervous tittering. Some of Clinton's supporters realize that she's taken the bait, revealing herself as hopelessly clueless about the rhetorical context or the in-group references Breitbart has created. Even more disastrous for Clinton, huge numbers of people who were unfamiliar with Breitbart immediately darted off to read the articles and found them humorous, thus making Clinton truly the Queen of Not-Getting-It.

But then Clinton went further -- she claimed that half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables." The response to this was a tsunami of a troll: all over social media, Trump supporters changed their names by adding "Deplorable" in front. "Deplorable John Smith" and "Deplorable Aunt Margaret" inundated Facebook and Twitter.

Here's what was important rhetorically about this moment: instead of responding to Clinton with denials, they made fun of what she'd said by embracing it. In that moment, I am convinced (as are others with more credentials than I) that Trump won the election. The trolls had made it uncool to be associated with Clinton.
__________________________________

The most prolific troll, though, is the President himself, and the quote about moving the election is pure trollery. It operates at two levels, at least:

1. It acts like a laser pointer for the mainstream media. Like cats who can't resist the red dot, they hear/read something the President says and go nuts. Trump knows very well that the election can't simply be moved, but he also knows that even bringing up the idea will send his media critics into emotional overload and make them look even more ridiculous.

2. It points out the hypocrisy of those people who believe that schools should stay shuttered indefinitely along with restaurants and other venues -- but who maintain that protests and elections are not a significant risk.

He did the same by suggesting that the U.S. buy Greenland. Immediately, the op ed pieces starting flowing, pointing out all the practical problems with such a plan. Of course, they missed the underlying point -- China's expansionism and the need to combat it.
__________________________________

President Trump has frequently stated that a great many people with varying levels of power in America -- including the media as well as many members of Congress and bureaucrats -- need to hold of themselves a great deal less than they do. That is precisely what trolling does; it entices self-important people into revealing just how self-important they are.

To the counter-culture in 2020, this is catnip. The people who accuse Trump of dog-whistling to racists or white supremacists seem determined to out-do Hillary Clinton when it comes to missing the boat. President Trump is dog-whistling, all right, but not to anyone in those groups. He's dog whistling to the counter culture, saying, "Hey! You think the media is hypocritical and craven? Look at this!" And, like clockwork, salivating journalists write impassioned, overwrought pieces wondering how such an awful man can even exist.

Now, some people will say, "I think it's wrong and undignified for the President to troll the media . . . " Okay. And? The counter-culture to whom he's speaking couldn't care less. They feel that excessive presidential dignity has been part of the problem in the past, not something to view nostalgically.

President Trump has tapped into resentment that has been building for decades against the press and government bureaucracies. He has tapped into resentment against people with cultural bullhorns who claim to be the moral superiors of those in "flyover country." But instead of condemning them, he simply creates opportunities for them to condemn themselves. Despite four years of practice, they continue to jump at the chance to do so.
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:48 am
Having a troll as president is like having a mayor join a protest.
Back to top

Bliss




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:25 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
It's not nice to make fun of people in Biden's condition.


You are right, but did you realize he - is - running - for - president - of - the - United - States - of - America ?!?
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:53 am
Fox wrote:
Let me start by saying that I'm going to approach this in an analytic, almost academic way. Not a partisan way. More like a rhetorical analysis of President Lincoln's speeches than a discussion of current events.
__________________________________

Although I've used it consistently, the word "joking" is really a misnomer, as it implies humor. A more accurate word would be "trolling."

Unfortunately, the word "troll" is used on Imamother in a way that no one else in the world uses it -- as an individual pretending to be someone she is not. As a result, I've discovered that no matter how many times this is explained, Imamothers get very confused.

In the rest of the Internet world, a "troll" is someone who says things that will make others react emotionally or overreact. A troll is not simply argumentative, aggressive, or a cyberbully of some sort. A true troll seeks to make a point -- not just sow chaos.

That trolls and trolling are inherently negative is assumed in a lot of the media, but not in the conservative counter-culture, where such a view is seen as hopelessly "normie." Trolls are regarded as the modern-day equivalent of court jesters, telling truths that cannot or will not be presented elsewhere.

President Trump is our first true troll president. He was elected by meme and by trolling the targets that a great many Americans found value in seeing trolled.
__________________________________

The best example of how trolling works is Hillary Clinton's "Basket of Deplorables" speech. This involved a 1-2 punch. The first punch came when Clinton read a series of tongue-in-cheek headlines from Breitbart News to show how awful they were. So she read out, "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" and "Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy," assuming everyone would take these headlines as literally as she and her speechwriters apparently did.

If you watch the video of this speech, you'll hear groans, but you'll also hear nervous tittering. Some of Clinton's supporters realize that she's taken the bait, revealing herself as hopelessly clueless about the rhetorical context or the in-group references Breitbart has created. Even more disastrous for Clinton, huge numbers of people who were unfamiliar with Breitbart immediately darted off to read the articles and found them humorous, thus making Clinton truly the Queen of Not-Getting-It.

But then Clinton went further -- she claimed that half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables." The response to this was a tsunami of a troll: all over social media, Trump supporters changed their names by adding "Deplorable" in front. "Deplorable John Smith" and "Deplorable Aunt Margaret" inundated Facebook and Twitter.

Here's what was important rhetorically about this moment: instead of responding to Clinton with denials, they made fun of what she'd said by embracing it. In that moment, I am convinced (as are others with more credentials than I) that Trump won the election. The trolls had made it uncool to be associated with Clinton.
__________________________________

The most prolific troll, though, is the President himself, and the quote about moving the election is pure trollery. It operates at two levels, at least:

1. It acts like a laser pointer for the mainstream media. Like cats who can't resist the red dot, they hear/read something the President says and go nuts. Trump knows very well that the election can't simply be moved, but he also knows that even bringing up the idea will send his media critics into emotional overload and make them look even more ridiculous.

2. It points out the hypocrisy of those people who believe that schools should stay shuttered indefinitely along with restaurants and other venues -- but who maintain that protests and elections are not a significant risk.

He did the same by suggesting that the U.S. buy Greenland. Immediately, the op ed pieces starting flowing, pointing out all the practical problems with such a plan. Of course, they missed the underlying point -- China's expansionism and the need to combat it.
__________________________________

President Trump has frequently stated that a great many people with varying levels of power in America -- including the media as well as many members of Congress and bureaucrats -- need to hold of themselves a great deal less than they do. That is precisely what trolling does; it entices self-important people into revealing just how self-important they are.

To the counter-culture in 2020, this is catnip. The people who accuse Trump of dog-whistling to racists or white supremacists seem determined to out-do Hillary Clinton when it comes to missing the boat. President Trump is dog-whistling, all right, but not to anyone in those groups. He's dog whistling to the counter culture, saying, "Hey! You think the media is hypocritical and craven? Look at this!" And, like clockwork, salivating journalists write impassioned, overwrought pieces wondering how such an awful man can even exist.

Now, some people will say, "I think it's wrong and undignified for the President to troll the media . . . " Okay. And? The counter-culture to whom he's speaking couldn't care less. They feel that excessive presidential dignity has been part of the problem in the past, not something to view nostalgically.

President Trump has tapped into resentment that has been building for decades against the press and government bureaucracies. He has tapped into resentment against people with cultural bullhorns who claim to be the moral superiors of those in "flyover country." But instead of condemning them, he simply creates opportunities for them to condemn themselves. Despite four years of practice, they continue to jump at the chance to do so.


I can't quite work out if this is the biggest pile of apologetics I've ever read, or the most scary thing I've ever read.

By your argument, it's all trolling. Thus, when cnn uses "individuals with cervixes" what you don't get, is that they are purposefully making the right wing lose their minds. In fact they are actively pointing out the irony that they are so triggered they need safe spaces. The same every time anyone insults the president and he responds with some ridiculous insult and epithet on twitter. Every time he is playing straight into the hands of those that criticize him. He is not the one trolling. He is the one getting trolled. Every tantrum, every tweet is evidence of his inability to rise above the fray. He falls for it every time. He is not the master troller, he is the master trolled.

But scarier to me than your reading of the situation, is that the very things that his opponents have been warning the world about for 3 years have actually materialized. And instead of acknowledging them, the culture of Trump, to insult, to deflect and to be belligerent is used as a shield.

People were concerned about his rhetoric of 'othering' and the way that it empowered white nationalism.

Oh no, we were told, he's just trolling.

But look what it has wrought Tree of life, Poway and civil unrest. The right wing rails against the rise of BLM while simultaneously being blind to way that Trump's "trolling" has empowered the protests.

People 'whined' about the economy and the way the tax cuts were creating an even wider wealth gap. No, no. It's just TDS we were told. But when there was an economic disruptor it's clear that the economy (which isn't the stock market) was in terrible shape and in fact the wealth gap has been devastating. The national debt has ballooned.

The villainization of the press. Oh they deserve it, it's all fake news. Except now we are in a pandemic and the trust in the media that has been steadily eroded over the past three years suddenly has deadly consequences.

The tear down of protections. Sure we don't need an office to deal with potential pandemics and health crises. It's just bloat. Let's eliminate them, after all, it was an Obama initiative, and everything Obama must be bad. Only 150,000+ dead. Nothing to see here.

Trump is reaping all that he has sown, and we are all paying the price.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:18 am
Fox wrote:
Let me start by saying that I'm going to approach this in an analytic, almost academic way. Not a partisan way. More like a rhetorical analysis of President Lincoln's speeches than a discussion of current events.
__________________________________

Although I've used it consistently, the word "joking" is really a misnomer, as it implies humor. A more accurate word would be "trolling."

Unfortunately, the word "troll" is used on Imamother in a way that no one else in the world uses it -- as an individual pretending to be someone she is not. As a result, I've discovered that no matter how many times this is explained, Imamothers get very confused.

In the rest of the Internet world, a "troll" is someone who says things that will make others react emotionally or overreact. A troll is not simply argumentative, aggressive, or a cyberbully of some sort. A true troll seeks to make a point -- not just sow chaos.

That trolls and trolling are inherently negative is assumed in a lot of the media, but not in the conservative counter-culture, where such a view is seen as hopelessly "normie." Trolls are regarded as the modern-day equivalent of court jesters, telling truths that cannot or will not be presented elsewhere.

President Trump is our first true troll president. He was elected by meme and by trolling the targets that a great many Americans found value in seeing trolled.
__________________________________

The best example of how trolling works is Hillary Clinton's "Basket of Deplorables" speech. This involved a 1-2 punch. The first punch came when Clinton read a series of tongue-in-cheek headlines from Breitbart News to show how awful they were. So she read out, "Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?" and "Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy," assuming everyone would take these headlines as literally as she and her speechwriters apparently did.

If you watch the video of this speech, you'll hear groans, but you'll also hear nervous tittering. Some of Clinton's supporters realize that she's taken the bait, revealing herself as hopelessly clueless about the rhetorical context or the in-group references Breitbart has created. Even more disastrous for Clinton, huge numbers of people who were unfamiliar with Breitbart immediately darted off to read the articles and found them humorous, thus making Clinton truly the Queen of Not-Getting-It.

But then Clinton went further -- she claimed that half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables." The response to this was a tsunami of a troll: all over social media, Trump supporters changed their names by adding "Deplorable" in front. "Deplorable John Smith" and "Deplorable Aunt Margaret" inundated Facebook and Twitter.

Here's what was important rhetorically about this moment: instead of responding to Clinton with denials, they made fun of what she'd said by embracing it. In that moment, I am convinced (as are others with more credentials than I) that Trump won the election. The trolls had made it uncool to be associated with Clinton.
__________________________________

The most prolific troll, though, is the President himself, and the quote about moving the election is pure trollery. It operates at two levels, at least:

1. It acts like a laser pointer for the mainstream media. Like cats who can't resist the red dot, they hear/read something the President says and go nuts. Trump knows very well that the election can't simply be moved, but he also knows that even bringing up the idea will send his media critics into emotional overload and make them look even more ridiculous.

2. It points out the hypocrisy of those people who believe that schools should stay shuttered indefinitely along with restaurants and other venues -- but who maintain that protests and elections are not a significant risk.

He did the same by suggesting that the U.S. buy Greenland. Immediately, the op ed pieces starting flowing, pointing out all the practical problems with such a plan. Of course, they missed the underlying point -- China's expansionism and the need to combat it.
__________________________________

President Trump has frequently stated that a great many people with varying levels of power in America -- including the media as well as many members of Congress and bureaucrats -- need to hold of themselves a great deal less than they do. That is precisely what trolling does; it entices self-important people into revealing just how self-important they are.

To the counter-culture in 2020, this is catnip. The people who accuse Trump of dog-whistling to racists or white supremacists seem determined to out-do Hillary Clinton when it comes to missing the boat. President Trump is dog-whistling, all right, but not to anyone in those groups. He's dog whistling to the counter culture, saying, "Hey! You think the media is hypocritical and craven? Look at this!" And, like clockwork, salivating journalists write impassioned, overwrought pieces wondering how such an awful man can even exist.

Now, some people will say, "I think it's wrong and undignified for the President to troll the media . . . " Okay. And? The counter-culture to whom he's speaking couldn't care less. They feel that excessive presidential dignity has been part of the problem in the past, not something to view nostalgically.

President Trump has tapped into resentment that has been building for decades against the press and government bureaucracies. He has tapped into resentment against people with cultural bullhorns who claim to be the moral superiors of those in "flyover country." But instead of condemning them, he simply creates opportunities for them to condemn themselves. Despite four years of practice, they continue to jump at the chance to do so.

I liked the recent baseball troll
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:58 am
simcha2 wrote:
I can't quite work out if this is the biggest pile of apologetics I've ever read, or the most scary thing I've ever read.

By your argument, it's all trolling. Thus, when cnn uses "individuals with cervixes" what you don't get, is that they are purposefully making the right wing lose their minds. In fact they are actively pointing out the irony that they are so triggered they need safe spaces. The same every time anyone insults the president and he responds with some ridiculous insult and epithet on twitter. Every time he is playing straight into the hands of those that criticize him. He is not the one trolling. He is the one getting trolled. Every tantrum, every tweet is evidence of his inability to rise above the fray. He falls for it every time. He is not the master troller, he is the master trolled.

But scarier to me than your reading of the situation, is that the very things that his opponents have been warning the world about for 3 years have actually materialized. And instead of acknowledging them, the culture of Trump, to insult, to deflect and to be belligerent is used as a shield.

People were concerned about his rhetoric of 'othering' and the way that it empowered white nationalism.

Oh no, we were told, he's just trolling.

But look what it has wrought Tree of life, Poway and civil unrest. The right wing rails against the rise of BLM while simultaneously being blind to way that Trump's "trolling" has empowered the protests.

People 'whined' about the economy and the way the tax cuts were creating an even wider wealth gap. No, no. It's just TDS we were told. But when there was an economic disruptor it's clear that the economy (which isn't the stock market) was in terrible shape and in fact the wealth gap has been devastating. The national debt has ballooned.

The villainization of the press. Oh they deserve it, it's all fake news. Except now we are in a pandemic and the trust in the media that has been steadily eroded over the past three years suddenly has deadly consequences.

The tear down of protections. Sure we don't need an office to deal with potential pandemics and health crises. It's just bloat. Let's eliminate them, after all, it was an Obama initiative, and everything Obama must be bad. Only 150,000+ dead. Nothing to see here.

Trump is reaping all that he has sown, and we are all paying the price.


My husband has voted Republican since he could vote. In 2016, he voted for Trump because" looking forward to seeing the circus". Well,he certainly got to see the circus! Practically every day there is some absurd tweet that makes him laugh. The "circus" has certainly come to fruition. However,with over 150,000 dead, economy in shambles, violence and riots all over the country...it's not funny anymore!
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:00 am
fleetwood wrote:
My husband has voted Republican since he could vote. In 2016, he voted for Trump because" looking forward to seeing the circus". Well,he certainly got to see the circus! Practically every day there is some absurd tweet that makes him laugh. The "circus" has certainly come to fruition. However,with over 150,000 dead, economy in shambles, violence and riots all over the country...it's not funny anymore!


Wait til biden gets elected....
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:18 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Wait til biden gets elected....


I don't think he will....
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:33 am
simcha2 wrote:
I can't quite work out if this is the biggest pile of apologetics I've ever read, or the most scary thing I've ever read.

By your argument, it's all trolling. Thus, when cnn uses "individuals with cervixes" what you don't get, is that they are purposefully making the right wing lose their minds. In fact they are actively pointing out the irony that they are so triggered they need safe spaces. The same every time anyone insults the president and he responds with some ridiculous insult and epithet on twitter. Every time he is playing straight into the hands of those that criticize him. He is not the one trolling. He is the one getting trolled. Every tantrum, every tweet is evidence of his inability to rise above the fray. He falls for it every time. He is not the master troller, he is the master trolled.

But scarier to me than your reading of the situation, is that the very things that his opponents have been warning the world about for 3 years have actually materialized. And instead of acknowledging them, the culture of Trump, to insult, to deflect and to be belligerent is used as a shield.

People were concerned about his rhetoric of 'othering' and the way that it empowered white nationalism.

Oh no, we were told, he's just trolling.

But look what it has wrought Tree of life, Poway and civil unrest. The right wing rails against the rise of BLM while simultaneously being blind to way that Trump's "trolling" has empowered the protests.

People 'whined' about the economy and the way the tax cuts were creating an even wider wealth gap. No, no. It's just TDS we were told. But when there was an economic disruptor it's clear that the economy (which isn't the stock market) was in terrible shape and in fact the wealth gap has been devastating. The national debt has ballooned.

The villainization of the press. Oh they deserve it, it's all fake news. Except now we are in a pandemic and the trust in the media that has been steadily eroded over the past three years suddenly has deadly consequences.

The tear down of protections. Sure we don't need an office to deal with potential pandemics and health crises. It's just bloat. Let's eliminate them, after all, it was an Obama initiative, and everything Obama must be bad. Only 150,000+ dead. Nothing to see here.

Trump is reaping all that he has sown, and we are all paying the price.


I join in you in not being enamored of having a troll for president. Of course, there have been all manner of muchchasim for president. But I get you.
I do want to say something, and I'm not doing whataboutism or deflecting. I can't help but go back to Obama's first inauguration. No, I didn't vote for him but it was an amazing, moving, and optimistic moment for America. And I think Obama missed a lot of opportunities for healing, and we are largely reaping his legacy in some areas.
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:58 am
fleetwood wrote:
My husband has voted Republican since he could vote. In 2016, he voted for Trump because" looking forward to seeing the circus". Well,he certainly got to see the circus! Practically every day there is some absurd tweet that makes him laugh. The "circus" has certainly come to fruition. However,with over 150,000 dead, economy in shambles, violence and riots all over the country...it's not funny anymore!



You seriously just blamed Trump for COVID and the insane riots going on?
So biased and full of hate.
Unbelievable!
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Voting for Trump 🙈 77 Today at 4:22 pm View last post
Shwekey Sings For Trump
by Cheiny
13 Today at 2:16 pm View last post
by cbsp
Trump messing with USPS before election 10 Today at 1:17 pm View last post
NYC DEMOCRAT THANKS TRUMP
by Cheiny
0 Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:56 pm View last post
Biden supporters and experts urge him not to debate Trump!
by Cheiny
81 Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:10 pm View last post