Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Tampa, Florida Who’s Relocating?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

emerald

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:52 am
I would also be interested in knowing where and why someone heard that. We are extremely interested in this and have been trying to get in contact both via email and phone but haven't had any success reaching anyone.

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:29 am
My family is moving there soon. Did you try calling the Rabbi, or the realtor?

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:32 am
[quote="emerald"]I would also be interested in knowing where and why someone heard that. We are extremely interested in this and have been trying to get in contact both via email and phone but haven't had any success reaching anyone.

Hey, have you tried to contact Brooke Fishman? She is the realtor involved. We are moving there soon

spiritualsoul

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:53 pm
@Yiddishetuter
We were toying with the idea of moving down there, we just weren't sure if its the right community type for us. I would love to know what kind of people are moving there. Would you be able to describe yourself, how you dress, standards, etc, so we can get a better idea of the type of people living there?

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 2:13 am
spiritualsoul wrote:
@Yiddishetuter
We were toying with the idea of moving down there, we just weren't sure if its the right community type for us. I would love to know what kind of people are moving there. Would you be able to describe yourself, how you dress, standards, etc, so we can get a better idea of the type of people
[quote]

There isn't any "type" yet. It's really new. I'm Rhizhin Chassidic, Sadigura. I wear a plain sheitel, no hat on top. Regular 60 Denier hose, no seams. Long sleevex top, 29 inch length skirt.
My husband's family was one of the first Chassidic families in Monsey. We keep CY, Glatt Kosher.

spiritualsoul

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 11:22 am
Thanks!! I'm wondering if it will be an accepting community or more judgmental. And I'm not sure how the kids school will work out. And what are you doing about jobs for you and your husband? Btw, do you drive? Or will I be the only woman that drives? And @emerald, can you tell me more about yourself so I can get a better picture of who's going?
I dress pretty tznius but not on chasidish standards. I want to be among people that are friendly and nice and out of the box. I'm really nervous to move there because I'm scared it will be like a shtetl, a small group of chasidim that all think alike and no room for individuality. That's why I'm trying to see who is moving to see if its the right fit for us.
Thanks Yiddishetuter and emerald in advance!

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 11:55 am
I pm'd you

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 4:56 pm
I suggest everyone take a trip to see the new community for yourselves. Just remember. Monsey started as an out of town community. Lakewood too. All great things start small

Gonewtampa

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:04 pm
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
The community is not going to be Chassidish.
Separate from the existing Chassidish community.
For more info call the Rabbi running it at

Last edited by Gonewtampa on Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:11 pm
The Rabbi who started the Chassidic community in Tampa is no longer the head of the community. For now, there are 20 families there, with another 30 moving in, or buying to come some time in the future. If anyone is interested in coming down to check out Wimauma, there is a realtor that you can contact. PM me for his number.

Goldfish2

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 6:39 pm
Delete

Last edited by Goldfish2 on Wed, May 04 2022, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

ilovestrollers

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 6:43 pm
Is this in Tampa too?

Gonewtampa wrote:
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
The community is not going to be Chassidish.
Separate from the existing Chassidish community.
For more info call the Rabbi running it at 848-224-3369

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:02 pm
Goldfish2 wrote:
Where do you take these numbers from? I dont think there are 20 families there now. Maybe 13 and how do you know about the 30 families coming?

I know because I live here. I see what's around me. There are between 14 to 20 families here now. And I have a list of the other families moving into our community, which number approximately 30.

How do you know it's not true?

Goldfish2

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:03 pm
Delete

Last edited by Goldfish2 on Wed, May 04 2022, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:07 pm
There are supposed to be approximately 30 new families moving in. Again, how do you know? Are you currently in the community?

Goldfish2

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:09 pm
Delete

Last edited by Goldfish2 on Wed, May 04 2022, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

eeeee

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 8:48 pm
Is there a regular functioning school and cheder yet? If yes up to what grade?

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 9:04 pm
There is a kita Aleph class of boys, approximately 7 children. There are no older grades here yet

Sunflower11

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 9:11 pm
Delete

Last edited by Sunflower11 on Tue, Feb 08 2022, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 9:15 pm
The Rav is leaving/has left. He's gone. Therefore, it doesn't matter any longer what happened. We ALL want to move on. The only way this community is going to take off if people come here and help it to grow.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics