Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara US side
1  2  Next

Shadow

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:35 am
Anyones ever been? Is it as interesting as Canadian side?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:35 am
No

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
No

I second this. The Canadian side is much more interesting and has many more attractions.

Shadow

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:47 am
Can you plz expand on that Confused

Shadow

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:48 am
Have been to the canadian side... but rn its not an option:/ is it rrly x worth the trip?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:02 pm
There’s just one park/viewing. It’s like a day trip from the Canadian side. Def enough to do to justify an 8 hour drive from the city

cbsp

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:17 pm
We're not in a position to get passports now, is the US side worth the trip from Passaic? We were just discussing Niagara over Shabbos...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
There’s just one park/viewing. It’s like a day trip from the Canadian side. Def enough to do to justify an 8 hour drive from the city

Did you mean def not enough?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:21 pm
Yes!!!! It's beautiful!! We love the American side. It's peaceful and gorgeous! We love the three sister islands. My kids love it! Cave of the winds and maid of the mist were stunning from the American side and way less busy. We hike and walk around so close to the falls. The roar of the falls is breathtaking! U get so close to the falls!

cbsp

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:22 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Yes!!!! It's beautiful!! We love the American side. It's peaceful and gorgeous! We love the three sister islands. My kids love it! Cave of the winds and maid of the mist were stunning from the American side and way less busy. We hike and walk around so close to the falls. The roar of the falls is breathtaking! U get so close to the falls!

Thank you.

Shadow

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:25 pm
How many days can u spend there..?
Its 6.5 hrs frm NYC btw...

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:34 pm
Last time I checked, the frum amenities (kosher food, minyan, chabad) are all on the Canadian side. If you want that stuff on the US side, it's a ~30 minute drive to the Buffalo suburbs.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Did you mean def not enough?

Yes I’m sorry typo

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:12 pm
Shadow wrote:
How many days can u spend there..?
Its 6.5 hrs frm NYC btw...

In my life 6.5 hour drive becomes at least 8

I would spend a day there. 2 tops.

So many other places to go that are closer and more interesting

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:14 pm
I wouldn't drive down to Niagara to just the American side. It's not worth the drive.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:27 pm
1) save the passports for when The Canadian side is open.

2) Niagara Falls ny is sort of crappy. What I’d do is make the trip over days and stop along the way with time in CORn ING, maybe the finger lakes etc.

3) bring ALL your food. Except in buffalo where there is SOME, there’s nothing great from Rochester west. I actually hear Rochester has a great children’s museum. Albany also has some kosher food, at least in a grocery store.

Shadow

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:51 pm
Hmm looking for a quick (2-3 days) interesting getaway thats not such a looong drive.. Nowhere with extreme sports.. Can't Believe It

cbsp

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:52 pm
andrea levy wrote:
1) save the passports for when The Canadian side is open.

2) Niagara Falls ny is sort of crappy. What I’d do is make the trip over days and stop along the way with time in CORn ING, maybe the finger lakes etc.

3) bring ALL your food. Except in buffalo where there is SOME, there’s nothing great from Rochester west. I actually hear Rochester has a great children’s museum. Albany also has some kosher food, at least in a grocery store.

Thank you for your perspective.

I'm more interested in the "wow" factor of the falls, don't really need the man-made amusement park atmosphere of the Canadian side. (I might be singing a different tune when my kids are teens - my kids are 10 and under)

Does the NY side have the "ma rabu ma'asecha hashem" awe inspiring views, etc?

The food issue is a point I didn't think of...

Reality

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:13 pm
Those of us that are nature lovers prefer the NY side. I found the Canadian side to be a bit cheesy.

esther36

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:38 pm
Exactly!!! If u love nature you would really enjoy the American side! We've spent two days there. Picnicking and hiking besides for cave of the winds and maid of the mist and enjoying the awesomeness of being that close up to the falls! Canadian side is way busier, more expensive cuz there's so many attractions you "need to do " and not as relaxing as the American side.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics