Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
3 INEXPENSIVE things that make life easier or pleasanter
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

jerusalem90

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:31 pm
Not exactly inexpensive but DRYER (for laundry). IMO worth way more than the 1000₪ it cost. I can't understand how so many Israelis go without.

kugelzlady

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:31 pm
I got an ice cube tray with a silicone cover and every time I use it (at least daily) I think -Wow! This is awesome. I should tell everyone I know to get one!
No spills and no ice cubes that taste like freezer. It was $10 from Amazon. I wish I got it years ago instead of the cheap cracked one I kept forgetting to replace.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:42 pm
Cheapest hack of all: a rubber band. Wrap it around the top of any can you have a hard time opening. Voila,

ladYdI

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:42 pm
My freezer-
The ability to cook and freeze in advance!
Disposables
My swifter for Easy floor Cleaning

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:52 pm
would people be able to include links if they bought the item onlin? how much do wifi headphones usually cost?

the mini photostand for a phone sounds bril,liant. I'm looking for long matches but not sure if theres someplace cheaper then amazon...

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
In ascending order of expense:

1) Chocolate
2) Good chocolate
3) Gourmet chocolate.

You're welcome Smile

Loool!

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:08 pm
Separate hampers for each type of laundry: darks, whites, colors and linens.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:40 pm
Caddy for plastic ware on the kitchen table.
Paper towels
A long handled dustpan for sweeping
Ceder-o mop and bucket with a spin function
A small spiral notebook to make lists and organize my life on a daily basis
A sink nozzle that pulled out of the neck of the faucet to spray around dishes and large pots easily.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
would people be able to include links if they bought the item onlin? how much do wifi headphones usually cost?

the mini photostand for a phone sounds bril,liant. I'm looking for long matches but not sure if theres someplace cheaper then amazon...

They sell the long matches as pretty much any frum store in NY, including seforim stores and food stores.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:04 pm
Small plants for my kitchen window sill. Makes me smile as I wash yet more dishes.

bleach in each bathroom. I pour down toilet. Leave with lid closed for 10 min and flush. Removes stains instantly!!!

A treat bag. Never had this before but once lockdown started and had to get kids into the home school routine. Treats were the new snacks for recess. One small treat a day
Did for the whole home school experience and was a real motivator and reward for kids. Figured for 3 months it aint gonna kill anyone (any dentist here can just ignore this !!)

newcomer

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:05 pm
Dawn Ultra Dishwashing soap, the kind that says 4x the power. Let tough pots soak with it a solution of this and water for a few minutes before scrubbing. Really makes a big difference.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:07 pm
BAKING SODA!!
I use it for:
cleaning dirty/oily pots
soak clothing that have stains
Soak my diamond jewelry so it sparkles again
Brush my teeth for whiter teeth
And ofcorse for baking Laugh

UnFarvosNischt

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:02 pm
A 3 compartment hamper (dark/color/white)
A pretty egg tray to put the eggs I need when I bake
Transparent boxes to organize the fridge
Similar hangers for our dressing and cute hangers for the kids dressing too.

lk1234

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:17 pm
Can someone send a link for the wifi headphones - do they wifi to your telephone/cell phone or computer?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Plastic or silicon lid covers - prevents spillage from open cans. Better than foil or bags. For some reason I found them in the pet food aisle or on Amazon as pet can lids

Pancake batter dispenser. For easy dispensing and less mess.

And of course, my Walmart brand single serve coffee maker which takes pods and ground coffee. Best $20 spent.

It's not safe to keep canned food in the metal can. Once you open it, transfer to a container.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:14 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
It's not safe to keep canned food in the metal can. Once you open it, transfer to a container.

True

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

When someone hugged me, I decided to check into something I thought I knew, and it turns out I'm wrong. FDA said it's ok to store food in opened can for up to 4 days. who knew?
https://ask.usda.gov/s/article.....e-can

silverlining3

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
When someone hugged me, I decided to check into something I thought I knew, and it turns out I'm wrong. FDA said it's ok to store food in opened can for up to 4 days. who knew?
https://ask.usda.gov/s/article.....e-can

It might be okay, but it can definitely get rusty before the 4 days is over.. From experience
Please check it every day or put over in container right away

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:47 pm
1. Costume jewelry- I love getting pretty and colorful cheap earrings and necklaces from places like target, forever 21 and Francescas. It makes me feel good about myself and adds life to my outfits!

2. Coffee creamer- I like the Dunkin’ Donuts one with cream and sugar. It adds a little extra something to my morning coffee and feels like I am treating myself.

3. Smoothie/iced coffee cups- I got clear cups with lids (with space for a straw) from Amazon and for some reason it feels really good drinking smoothies and iced coffees from them! Maybe it helps me feel like I bought an expensive drink instead of making it at home 😂

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:53 pm
A plush bathroom mat
A good facial exfoliator
Nice mug for coffee
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics