Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher groceries in south florida

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 9:42 am
BH my grandmother finally decided to come live up north with us! We are going down to Boca to help her pack up her house (bad timing, right!) anyway, normally when we go visit her we do our shopping at the Grove or Aroma. But since we will be buying more food this time (staying for longer), if the prices are cheaper- we would take a trip to NMB. Are there are any less expensive grocery stores there? Or is it not worth the trip and just shop in Boca?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 2:46 pm
It takes a good 45 minutes one way to get from boca to NMB. If you go to the local supermarkets for all the essentials that you don’t need to buy at a kosher store and save the grove and aroma for the kosher meats, you should be fine without the big trip.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:20 pm
Okay, thanks for the info. If I decide to go down to NMB, which supermarket do you recommend (price-wise)? Given the specific situation and our dietary needs, it might be easier to just shlep to do a grocery shop in one place (unlikely, but just in case).

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:02 pm
You forgot to mention Winn Dixie which has a kosher deli, butcher, bakeryand fresh fish, as well as dry goods both heimishe brands and regular brands with ou.
And produce,but I find the produce to be expensive. For produce try Walmart. I’m not sure if boca has a produce store

I find the prices about the same in Boca ands NMB

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:22 pm
I don’t really know much about the stores in boca but I would imagine that the prices are similar to NMB. If you’re coming from anywhere around NY, you might be in for some “sticker shock”. We just can’t compete in that sense.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 12:35 pm
The only store that really has lower prices is Miami Kosher on Ives Dairy Road.
Their CY products are usually a nice amount cheaper than other kosher stores and I think some of their frozen stuff too. But I don't think they can be a one stop shop, very limited produce and meat/ chicken selection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics