Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Want to go to Israel for sukkos :(

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:15 am
My husband is Israeli but we're living in America for a few months for personal reasons.
When we move back to e"y I'd like to apply to citizenship there but for the time being its not an option.

We'd really like to go to e"y for sukkos to visit our family there, tickets are so cheap but we dont want to go if we have to be in bidud and I'd miss too much school and work here.

So we were thinking to go maybe pesach time... but who knows what restrictions will be like then as well as bidud regulations. We're also very much newly married and we wanted to plan a honeymoon around this trip, go to europe for a few days etc.

Any tips of what to do? I was thinking to book flights for pesach and see if the airline has a policy for us to move tickets if need be but I don't know if this is an option. We havent seen our family in almost a year its very difficult.

Do we just suck it up and focus on the bright side... at least we have each other? And in the future we can go to Israel?

Thanks for listening

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:31 am
They're considering opening the skies, but so far no reduction in quarantine time.

But anything could happen by the chagim. Israel has already lost out on the income from the Pesach and summer tourist seasons. They really don't want to lose out on the income from the chagim as well.

It's still seven weeks off. It's hard to predict. Look around for tickets with a good cancellation policy, and start looking for travel health insurance that will cover Corona related issues. They are almost sure not to let you into the country without.

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 10:43 am
United just extended its zero change fee policy to any flights booked before August 31. You could book, then change at no extra cost if you decided to.

You have a full year to fly without change fee cost.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:28 pm
thanks! will look into said suggestions.
debating now if we should go during sukkos with no baby or for pesach when we'll iyh have a small baby...

corona is so tough! I miss my family Sad I wish I could go visit

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:57 pm
Im sorry Op it really is so challenging.

hatzlocha and hugs

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Im sorry Op it really is so challenging.

hatzlocha and hugs

thanks for the validation.
bh there are bigger problems, least we have each other bh Smile

I just wish we knew when the world would resume to what it once was...!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics