Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Maryland to NY this week
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:42 pm
We have a close family Simcha in NY state in a few days, and we live in Maryland. The Simcha is in Monsey.

Has anyone heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for coming from MD to NY?

How do they know I didn’t quarantine in my home for two weeks or in a NY hotel or in my family members house?

Anon because most Imamothers look down on anyone not 100% following some of these inane rules.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:47 pm
They don’t know

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:56 pm
I am usually an onlooker in this forum and am usually saying "just stay put!", but I don't understand why Maryland is on the list! Our (Baltimore) rates are still at only 4.6%, the numbers are rising sue to more testing, but the percentage of cases to tests is still relatively low.
On another note, when you come back from Monsey please be extra careful when your husband goes to shul or you go to the store etc. we don't want more cases!
Enjoy your trip.

munchkin

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:17 pm
I am planning to do the same. I don't think they enforce it at all.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have a close family Simcha in NY state in a few days, and we live in Maryland. The Simcha is in Monsey.

Has anyone heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for coming from MD to NY?

How do they know I didn’t quarantine in my home for two weeks or in a NY hotel or in my family members house?

Anon because most Imamothers look down on anyone not 100% following some of these inane rules.

Maryland's number are not low. And they are rising. It's not as bad as Florida, but it's worse than New York is now. Last week there were nearly 1000 cases on average each day in little Maryland.

Would you have wanted New Yorkers to come down to Maryland last Pesach when New York had it bad? Maybe you didn't care but a lot of people did. Now New Yorkers don't want Marylanders to come and infect them again.

If you haven't done a real quarantine for 14 days, you should not go to New York. Not just because of the rules but because of mentschlichkeit.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 6:39 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I am usually an onlooker in this forum and am usually saying "just stay put!", but I don't understand why Maryland is on the list! Our (Baltimore) rates are still at only 4.6%, the numbers are rising sue to more testing, but the percentage of cases to tests is still relatively low.
On another note, when you come back from Monsey please be extra careful when your husband goes to shul or you go to the store etc. we don't want more cases!
Enjoy your trip.
I think you are posting double standards. 😀

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:10 pm
Ugh stay home!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I think you are posting double standards. 😀

You're probably right. I have had enough of everyone wasting their breathe on those who won't listen and have realized that ppl will be stupid and selfish no matter what so I'm going to try my best to stay safe and encourage others to stay safe within their realm of being moronic. 😁 Which therefore comes off as a double standard.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Maryland's number are not low. And they are rising. It's not as bad as Florida, but it's worse than New York is now. Last week there were nearly 1000 cases on average each day in little Maryland.

Would you have wanted New Yorkers to come down to Maryland last Pesach when New York had it bad? Maybe you didn't care but a lot of people did. Now New Yorkers don't want Marylanders to come and infect them again.

If you haven't done a real quarantine for 14 days, you should not go to New York. Not just because of the rules but because of mentschlichkeit.

My family had Covid in March. You believe we should miss a once in a lifetime family Simcha for political menchlechkeit???

My post is about the law and it’s enforcement. Not about the right thing to do. If you knew anything about my family you’d know there’s far more to “menchlechkeit” than obeying Cuomo and other politicians who have very little actual data and keep changing their minds about what is dangerous, what is allowed, and what the policy’s goals are!!!!!!!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:23 am
and who promote double standards under the guise of health and safety rather than politics

mazel tov on your simcha

wishing everyone health and happiness

only simchos!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 9:39 am
It is possible that there is no issue coming if you are in NY less than 24 hours, particularly if you don't spend the night. Not 100% sure- you need to read the law. If so, you just need to social distance when you are in NY.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:00 pm
Bump.

Where can I read this law?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:07 pm
Just make sure to bring protest signs then you can travel wherever you want and no one will bother you

mra01385

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:21 pm
Mazel tov on your simcha firstly. There should always be lots of simchas!
Secondly, why can’t the simcha be put on zoom like so many other people are doing for relatives that can’t come. I just watched a zoom wedding last night
If you you feel that you must come to NY just make sure that your children’s school does not require a 14 day quarantine before they are allowed back in as that is what my children’s school in NY is doing.
Also, stop bashing the politicians. The travel bans are there for a good reason, and no it’s not because they are anti Semitic and hate Jews like many Jewish people think!

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump.

Where can I read this law?

https://coronavirus.health.ny......isory

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Ugh stay home!

Ugh??
Why the need?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:03 am
mra01385 wrote:
Mazel tov on your simcha firstly. There should always be lots of simchas!
Secondly, why can’t the simcha be put on zoom like so many other people are doing for relatives that can’t come. I just watched a zoom wedding last night
If you you feel that you must come to NY just make sure that your children’s school does not require a 14 day quarantine before they are allowed back in as that is what my children’s school in NY is doing.
Also, stop bashing the politicians. The travel bans are there for a good reason, and no it’s not because they are anti Semitic and hate Jews like many Jewish people think!

Thanks for the Mazel Tov wishes.

This is a very close family member. Would you be content to go to your sisters wedding on zoom when you live in Maryland and the wedding is in Monsey?

It’s NY that doesn’t want Marylanders, not the other way around, so nobody in Maryland is requiring a quarantine for my kids camps and schools!

mra01385

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:21 am
Yes I would be content if that is what the law required, because there is a good reason for it. I would feel bad that I can’t be there in person but I would understand the circumstances, and I’m sure your sister would understand too. Do you want the virus to stop spreading already? 100’s of frum Jews including many rabbanim from NY were niftar from this virus. So it’s not just some silly cold that NY dealt with over pesach. 800 people were dying a day in NY in mid April!
Remember Everything is from HaShem and he is control of everything that happens even if that means missing your sister’s child’s wedding in person, and we have to realize that. Do you know how many weddings are taking place in peoples back yards for only the immediate family members and GRANDPARENTS can’t be there since they are considered high risk. Do you think a sister is no less important than a grandparent missing a grand child’s wedding. I think a grandparent is even more important than a sister being at a wedding. If you want some chizuk on emunah and bitachon listen to rabbi Krohns latest shiur on emunah and bitachon. It’s amazing and it will make you feel better about missing your sisters wedding.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the Mazel Tov wishes.

This is a very close family member. Would you be content to go to your sisters wedding on zoom when you live in Maryland and the wedding is in Monsey?

It’s NY that doesn’t want Marylanders, not the other way around, so nobody in Maryland is requiring a quarantine for my kids camps and schools!

I live in Baltimore. If you come home before school starts, the schools require you to quarantine actually. Please do not come back and potentially mess up what our schools are working so hard to make happen. Its not just NY who says not to come. Our yeshivas also says if you go, keep to yourself when you get back.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Just make sure to bring protest signs then you can travel wherever you want and no one will bother you

That won't help you in Maryland.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics