Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Maryland to NY this week
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:44 am
Quote:

I live in Baltimore. If you come home before school starts, the schools require you to quarantine actually. Please do not come back and potentially mess up what our schools are working so hard to make happen. Its not just NY who says not to come. Our yeshivas also says if you go, keep to yourself when you get back.

I also live in Baltimore. I don't know which school said that. I have kids in 3 different elementary and yeshiva high schools. The only thing said so far is that they would follow the rules of the local government and rabbanim about quarantine from out of town if there were any. But right now there aren't any rabbanim or local government saying you need to quarantine when returning.(go at your own risk)

In fact a relative made a chasuna in Israel a little while ago. In Israel there was a very strict 14 day quarantine. She asked in the MD airport about needing to quarantine when she returned to Baltimore. They said try not to go out too much and if you go the store, wear a mask--which is required for everyone anyway.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have a close family Simcha in NY state in a few days, and we live in Maryland. The Simcha is in Monsey.

Has anyone heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for coming from MD to NY?

How do they know I didn’t quarantine in my home for two weeks or in a NY hotel or in my family members house?

Anon because most Imamothers look down on anyone not 100% following some of these inane rules.

The law is the law. Coming to NYS from a state on the list (which MD currently is) requires self quarantine for 14 days.

The exception is not "less than 24 hours" (although that is an idea that might fit). The exception is passing through in the course of travel. Spending time at a wedding is not in the course of travel like stopping at rest stops, layovers, etc. Spending less than 24 hours out and about kissing and hugging and mixing and touching shared objects with people is not "in the course of travel". Consider how you would feel if the roles were reversed. And why should the couple have the blight of putting others at risk or breaking the law associated with the start of their marriage?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics