Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Please tell me more about guanfacine, dc with adhd/behaviora
Previous  1  2

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Still struggling with son on vyvanse and guanfacime. It's now one month- the dose for guanfacime is up to 2mg and vyvanse is at 30mg. This is the point last time we tried meds that we gave up. His behavior is very difficult - hurting siblings, angry because I bought the same item for him and his brother so he lashed out at me in a store. I have an appointment thursday with the psychiatrist but what is the next step. Does anyone have experience what happens at this point?

Are you me? My son is on vyvanse and I’ve been idly wondering about intuniv. He’s acting almost exactly like you describe above.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 7:16 pm
Ty not sure if this is the right way to say it but glad I’m not the only one. I keep getting stuck after the dose increase. I gave up last year. Put him on just vyvanse 20 but didn’t see enough results. Wanted to go aggresive now that it’s the summer and there’s time before school but not seeing anything good. In fact he’s way worse with guanfacime

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:08 pm
Maybe vyvanse isn't the best med for him. are you seeing improvement when he is on it vs when he's not? There are many other stimulants.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 5:32 pm
I'm sorry I hijacked your thread op - let me know if you'd like me to start a new one.
At this point I see no change at all with vyvanse and guanfacime. Now I'm realizing that it may not be anger that he is dealing with as much as anxiety. I asked the doctor for anti anxiety so now we doing vyvanse, zoloft in the morning and then guanfacime and melatonin at night.
Anyone have experience with zoloft?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)