Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Do you know the song HALLELU w/Chevy Chase "Vacation" Tune?

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 3:05 am
I heard a song on the radio today, "Hallelu" in Hebrew. The tune was EXACTLY from National Lampoon's Chevy Chase movie, "Vacation" song, "Holiday Roads". I would love to hear that song again but I don't even know who sings it. If you know which song I mean, please let me know! Thank you : D

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:06 am
I do know exactly what song you mean! But I can't remember who sang it. I thought it might be Beatachon, but Mostly Music doesn't show it. Will think. I've known it for awhile, so it's likely a good 20 years old.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:08 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I do know exactly what song you mean! But I can't remember who sang it. I thought it might be Beatachon, but Mostly Music doesn't show it. Will think. I've known it for awhile, so it's likely a good 20 years old.

Thank you for the lead! Very Happy I'm even happy you told me it isn't new because my granddaughter is up on the songs and I said if she hears a new Hallelu song, she should tell me so now I have to tell her it's an old song! I'm excited someone else recognized it besides me!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:19 am
Found it!
https://www.thejenetwork.com/v.....-kay/

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:23 am
YES!!! Awesome! Thank you Rolling Laughter Hooray

fleetwood

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:35 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
I heard a song on the radio today, "Hallelu" in Hebrew. The tune was EXACTLY from National Lampoon's Chevy Chase movie, "Vacation" song, "Holiday Roads". I would love to hear that song again but I don't even know who sings it. If you know which song I mean, please let me know! Thank you : D

I love the original,sung by my fav( you can tell by my screen name)!!!

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:39 am
fleetwood wrote:
I love the original,sung by my fav( you can tell by my screen name)!!!

What! The original is by Fleetwood Mac? Haven't heard that name is a very long time ; )

fleetwood

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:42 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
What! The original is by Fleetwood Mac? Haven't heard that name is a very long time ; )

Lyndsey Buckingham.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:49 am
fleetwood wrote:
Lyndsey Buckingham.

I had to check it out on Youtube. A few years ago my granddaughter told me that her father said it's not good for our neshama to listen to secular music. Ever since then I stopped listening. I still have a taiva for it. It happens sometimes when I'm listening to the religious music station that I will recognize a tune and start laughing thinking of all the frumies listening and not knowing the songs these tunes were "borrowed" from Scratching Head

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 5:22 am
So weird. Lev Tahor makes sense (ai was thinking acapella), but it feels older than three years. Ok then.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 5:46 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
So weird. Lev Tahor makes sense (ai was thinking acapella), but it feels older than three years. Ok then.
I just looked it up. The acapella cd was released in 2004.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 5:48 am
So many times I hear songs on the religious station and I recognize the tune [from "the old days"] but can't place it and then I go nuts all day.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 6:33 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
So many times I hear songs on the religious station and I recognize the tune [from "the old days"] but can't place it and then I go nuts all day.

Just pm me and I'll help you out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts