Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do you manage your exposure?
Previous  1  2

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 7:16 pm
Back in March and April I was super careful, more and longer than my neighbors. Right now I'm not taking anything more than normal precautions in a normal time. If a store won't let me in without a mask, I'll either go to a different store or put on a mask for the store. I'm pretty sure I and my dh both had it back in March. There is so much conflicting info around covid... I'm not going to blindly trust and panic because that's what the media says.
My kids day camp is operating with normal precautions, keeping things clean and such. One trip to a place the kids needed to wear masks and they all lost their masks there. The rest is entertainment brought to them which I love anyway, a few water slides instead of worrying about them at a water park!
I hope school will open without a problem as well, ideas like putting plexiglass on each desk seems absurd. Or keeping the kids in masks for 8 hours, ridiculous.
May Hashem protect us.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 7:24 pm
In Brooklyn, where transmission rate is BH low, I wear a mask outside (on chin if street is empty, nose and mouth when around people)
No public transportation
No eating out
No hosting people outside my close social circle or who have traveled out of state
I skip indoor simchos (though I have a close wedding coming up and I'm quite nervous about that)
Kids do attend day camp and play in the local playground. I have given up on enforcing masks on my kids, except where legally required and in places where I want to avoid a chilul Hashem

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:16 pm
I live in an area that it is not really in the frum community but it is in the general community (based off news reports of where the highest percentage of positive cases have been). But I know it only takes one sick housekeeper or plumber that needed the paycheck to get a family infected in my area. And there is the occasional positive case in the frum community.
So:
- we wear masks around other people, take them with us on walks in case we see anyone.
- by law we must wear in all stores
- no guests, hosting
- frequent handwashing and after going into a store I purell.
- we try not to bring my kids into stores because they are little and touch everything.
- after a store we wash that outfit immediately. Wash our hands and sometimes shower depending on what the store was like (crowded, was there someone who didnt get the 6 foot rule, kept standing too close, coughing?)
- no camps (1 staff was sick at a local camp, BH the rest of the camp was fine).
- playgrounds are closed
- until camp started we did outside play with neighbors in our building but now that they go to camp we dont play with them.
- no minyan. Outdoor ones people stood too close, moved chairs etc.

We have some minor pre-existing conditions. We also need to see family members who are at risk. We have to see them... This is what we do. My kids miss their friends but what can we do?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics