Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Anyone know how to make a pretied snood?

hodeez

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:54 pm
So I currently have both the time and desire to make myself a couple of snoods. It seems like it's simple enough to sew, but I was just wondering if anyone on here has the expertise or could find me the online resources to start this project?

I know I will need fabric ( not sure what type) and elastic. From there I'm lost.

Success10

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 4:59 pm
Snood or bandana or pretied tichel?

hodeez

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 6:19 pm
Whatever these are called:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....46c7c

amother
Green

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 7:57 pm
google how to sew a pretied tichel

I did it using a casing with a strip of fabric or seam binding and then threaded with elastic. It didn't come out amazing but I have one I use as a shluf tichel and a couple I made with furry material for really cold winter days.

ETA now I'm remembering, DD had one that was worn out so I took it apart to make a pattern.
It's tricky to know how to sew in the right size elastic for the right amount of stretch, which is why I thought a casing would be easier. Only it ends up a bit bulky.

(Now that I've started using Necklastic in all my tee shirts I would probably try using that. It's so easy to thread through anything, much easier than what I used to do with safety pins & 1/4" elastic.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels