Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Bathroom cleaning and smell

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 7:38 am
I would love to effectively clean the bathroom, but I haven't found something that works well. Any recommendations?? Please?? My 5 year old boy is not great about aim and it gets EVERYWHERE... I live in an apartment, so guests need to use this bathroom too... at the moment, I use vinegar, Clorox wipes, Clorox spray, sometimes comet powder... a few other sprays...

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:44 am
Bleach

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:01 am
Hot water with Lysol and is the toilet seat removable - probably gets under the latches and forgotten about. usually smell comes from there. Make sure to wipe down the vanity it cld get there too lol

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:05 am
Go to a pet store, and look for pet urine cleaner. They have enzymes that react with the urine and neutralize it completely, while sterilizing the area at the same time. It works way better than bleach.

Wash the surfaces the best you can, and then spray everything with the enzyme cleaner. Don't wipe off, just let it dry there. Make sure you spray extra in the corners, around the base of the toilet, or any other places where it's hard to get to.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 11:28 am
I do use bleach and there is definite residue in the latches. Scrubbing and spraying and letting sit has not been successful. The seat is very difficult to take off due the angle of the toilet and the wall and the tub. Trying to as I'd like to soak it, but it won't budge. We rent, so I'm less likely to have made the choice about which appliances, accessories, placement to put in, but I think I may need to break off the seat and get a new one...
I'll look up this enzyme cleaner.

boysrock

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:08 pm
What is the cleaner called? Can I get online?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers