Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Heel calluses

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:15 pm
I have really hard skin on the bottom of my feet (like around the edges) and also on my big toe.
It's so gross and it feels kind of dirty and doesn't get clean even if I wash them because it's not smooth.
Is there a magic cure for this? I rememebr somebody here posted a product from Amazon that you put on your feet and wrap them and it gets rid of the calluses. Does anyone know what product it is? I can't seem to find it and I'm fed up with having icky feet.
Also if anyone knows a good way to get rid of a bunch of warts on one of my feet... That would be helpful too. I had one under my big toe for a few years and then another one popped up and I gave up on getting rid of them and now I have like 10 in a cluster there Sad
I know, TMI.
Any tips?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:29 pm
Search Baby Foot on Amazon. I actually bought it but haven’t gotten around to trying it yet....

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:36 pm
I use a dremel for my foot calluses Hiding

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I use a dremel for my foot calluses Hiding

A drill? 🔨 🔧 🔩

thatworn

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:58 pm
Are you able to get to a podiatrist easily/cost effectively? Any calluses that are also under the skin can be dug out, and they can easily remove hard skin - some of them have a weird electric type implement that almost sands the feet down. They would recommend products for keeping feet in good condition. A good podiatrist won't let you out the door unless your feet feel great.

thatworn

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:00 pm
And dermatologists are great with warts - they could probably remove them easily or advise on which products you can try at home. If there are so many warts in one place, it is probably worth your while to see a dermatologist.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
A drill? 🔨 🔧 🔩

Not a drill, it’s a rotary tool that I use with the sanding drum. But yes, it’s a tool not meant to be used on people. It’s just so much more efficient than the safe ones meant for callus removal.

This is the one I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....73d16

I find it easier with the flexishaft attached:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ceb00

Caveat: this is obviously not recommended and a bad plan. But I use power tools for a living and I like how effective this is.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:12 pm
Do you happen to know what your blood sugar is at?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 10:25 pm
thatworn wrote:
Are you able to get to a podiatrist easily/cost effectively? Any calluses that are also under the skin can be dug out, and they can easily remove hard skin - some of them have a weird electric type implement that almost sands the feet down. They would recommend products for keeping feet in good condition. A good podiatrist won't let you out the door unless your feet feel great.

Can you recommend a dermatologist that would sand down my feet in Brooklyn and teach me how to maintain?

thatworn

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 11:41 pm
No, I live in Monsey, which is not quite part of Brooklyn, yet. The dermatologist (skin doctor) is for the warts. The podiatrist (foot doctor) is for removing calluses and sanding. You would probably need a referral from your pcp for both, so ask him/her for a recommendation. It's very worth it to get these things done properly and if you have insurance it could be done for free or a co pay, so why not. Just do it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics