Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pandas dr in williamsburg

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:53 pm
anyone know of a pediatrician in williamsburg that has a high success rate in curing pandas

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 8:56 pm
Dr sisser at oda

Is there really a cure for pandas? At this point we’re just fighting to get rid of symptoms and for strep never to come back.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:49 am
Does dr sister treat it just with antibiotics or does she combine it with natural supplements???

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Dr sisser at oda

Is there really a cure for pandas? At this point we’re just fighting to get rid of symptoms and for strep never to come back.

My son has chronic strep. Like once in 3 weeks. His behavior def falls into the spectrum of pandas, although I haven’t fully tested him because we feel it’s more as a result from the infection alone. This situation has been going on for years and has me tearing my hair out.
Wld dr sisser be helpful in getting rid of the Strep, or will he just send us down the antibiotic route-that has been unhelpful thus far.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My son has chronic strep. Like once in 3 weeks. His behavior def falls into the spectrum of pandas, although I haven’t fully tested him because we feel it’s more as a result from the infection alone. This situation has been going on for years and has me tearing my hair out.
Wld dr sisser be helpful in getting rid of the Strep, or will he just send us down the antibiotic route-that has been unhelpful thus far.
there is no test for pandas. If the symptoms match, that’s what it is. What do you mean from the infection alone? As opposed to what?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
there is no test for pandas. If the symptoms match, that’s what it is. What do you mean from the infection alone? As opposed to what?

We once checked his titer levels and they were normal.
I meant that when he actually has the Strep, he is out of control. But when he doesnt, he’s better. But the Strep is so often, the out of control behavior is too.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 4:59 pm
We once checked his titer levels and they were normal.
I meant that when he actually has the Strep, he is out of control. But when he doesnt, he’s better. But the Strep is so often, the out of control behavior is too.
did you see the actual results or did the dr just tell you they’re normal? We were told “normal, clinically insignificant” when in fact they were way out of range. Regardless, pandas is not diagnosed based on titers. Titers are a clue, but not diagnostic. Dr shulman refers to behaviors that come and go with strep pandas minor. I believe there is such a thing, but imho usually if left untreated, this will progress to full blown pandas. In your case, I would even bet there are pandas behaviors that linger even after the acute strep infection has passed, but you’re not attributing it to pandas. Or you are so used to that as your child’s baseline it’s become your normal. If that a possibility?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
did you see the actual results or did the dr just tell you they’re normal? We were told “normal, clinically insignificant” when in fact they were way out of range. Regardless, pandas is not diagnosed based on titers. Titers are a clue, but not diagnostic. Dr shulman refers to behaviors that come and go with strep pandas minor. I believe there is such a thing, but imho usually if left untreated, this will progress to full blown pandas. In your case, I would even bet there are pandas behaviors that linger even after the acute strep infection has passed, but you’re not attributing it to pandas. Or you are so used to that as your child’s baseline it’s become your normal. If that a possibility?

Yes, you are quite right. And his lingering behavior (which is still very aggressive )I most def attribute it as a result of this ongoing situation. I am very aware he isnt the average child (none of my kids are like this) and It just became ‘his’ normal, which isnt Completely normal at all.
How in the world does one get rid of the recurring strep. We have been to so many holistic healers, special diets, spent a fortune on vitamins, antibiotic, and still we have not made any significant strides. It feels like his body has an inability to fight this.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:36 pm
Yes, you are quite right. And his lingering behavior (which is still very aggressive )I most def attribute it as a result of this ongoing situation. I am very aware he isnt the average child (none of my kids are like this) and It just became ‘his’ normal, which isnt Completely normal at all.
How in the world does one get rid of the recurring strep. We have been to so many holistic healers, special diets, spent a fortune on vitamins, antibiotic, and still we have not made any significant strides. It feels like his body has an inability to fight this.
have you considered getting tonsils removed? Not saying this will be your silver bullet. I don’t know exactly what you tried, how consistently, what else you have going on, etc. but it’s what came to mind to me here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics