Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Face shield

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 5:37 am
Does anyone have a recommendation for a face shield they like? Need for minyan.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 5:40 am
Zazzle.com has a huge variety of ones for men, women, and children. Plain, or all different kinds of patterns. You can get them personalized, so that they don't get mixed up with anyone else's.

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 7:23 am
I bought something off Amazon and it’s cheap and flimsy. Just want something tried and true

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 7:32 am
Face shields are not proven useful as PPE, unless combined with other protective measures such as masks.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 7:40 am
I've been wearing this since mid July

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....2208d

I have only been wearing one. When I take it off, the tabs that hold the shield to the headband sometimes pop out. But I'm going to try taping it down. And that should be fine.

nchr

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 7:42 am
Amarante posted about one. Maybe PM her?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:03 am
I did PM but my source is much cheaper than any of those posted although the minimum order is for 10 shields which was fine for me since I needed more than one.

In terms of efficacy, the best practice is to wear a shield with a mask in a high risk situation.

However if one is just walking around outside and not exposed to high levels of aerosolized virus for prolonged periods of time, just a shield would be safe - at least based on what I have read.

My personal experience is that a surgical mask is the most comfortable of all types of masks as it is lightweight although I have KN95 masks as well as cloth masks which I wear depending on the situation.

The shield and the surgical mask are pretty comfortable and would give a lot of protection.

An advantage to a shield is that it can be cleaned very easily and you don't fiddle with he shield. I see lots of people fiddling with their masks which means that you are contaminating yourself potentially.

ETA - I meant minimum order is 10 shields - I got extra for myself and family and have also given them to friends who all love them.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:09 am
Our minyan is outside with the baal tefilah facing away from everyone and basically speaking to trees in front of him. Some wear masks, some don't. It's hard to hear those wearing masks when they are davening and we were considering swapping out for face shields. This is in line with the directives given by the rabbinical authority in town who have said that baalei tefilah do not need to wear masks.

Thank you for everyone for their advice on this topic.

I'm looking for a mask that people know to be comfortable and is fog free since they will be wearing for an extended period of time on the yamin noraim.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:11 am
Amarante wrote:
I did PM but my source is much cheaper than any of those posted although the minimum order is $10 which was fine for me since I needed more than one.

In terms of efficacy, the best practice is to wear a shield with a mask in a high risk situation.

However if one is just walking around outside and not exposed to high levels of aerosolized virus for prolonged periods of time, just a shield would be safe - at least based on what I have read.

My personal experience is that a surgical mask is the most comfortable of all types of masks as it is lightweight although I have KN95 masks as well as cloth masks which I wear depending on the situation.

The shield and the surgical mask are pretty comfortable and would give a lot of protection.

An advantage to a shield is that it can be cleaned very easily and you don't fiddle with he shield. I see lots of people fiddling with their masks which means that you are contaminating yourself potentially.

I got the face shields and I def find myself looking myself in my shield bc I'm trying to scratch my face or something. So it helps reduce the face touching

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:13 am
1091 wrote:
Our minyan is outside with the baal tefilah facing away from everyone and basically speaking to trees in front of him. Some wear masks, some don't. It's hard to hear those wearing masks when they are davening and we were considering swapping out for face shields. This is in line with the directives given by the rabbinical authority in town who have said that baalei tefilah do not need to wear masks.

Thank you for everyone for their advice on this topic.

I'm looking for a mask that people know to be comfortable and is fog free since they will be wearing for an extended period of time on the yamin noraim.

The one I posted is very comfortable and if it's doesn't fall into my face. No fog

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:17 am
singleagain wrote:
I've been wearing this since mid July

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....2208d

I have only been wearing one. When I take it off, the tabs that hold the shield to the headband sometimes pop out. But I'm going to try taping it down. And that should be fine.

The one I got from bonafidemasks.com is much better constructed and is cheaper so I would recommend the shields from Bonafide Masks especially since OP is buying more than one.

The ones I got don't pop out as they are constructed differently - they don't fog up either. I think the fogging is a problem with masks and glasses since the vapor hits glasses right away because it goes up from the nose right to the glasses.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:31 am
Amarante wrote:
The one I got from bonafidemasks.com is much better constructed and is cheaper so I would recommend the shields from Bonafide Masks especially since OP is buying more than one.

The ones I got don't pop out as they are constructed differently - they don't fog up either. I think the fogging is a problem with masks and glasses since the vapor hits glasses right away because it goes up from the nose right to the glasses.

Well.. This one I had to put together myself. And I got it as a pack of ten. For that price. So... For me it's good.

shanie5

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 2:12 pm
I got from 1800shields. They attach to glasses frame that come with it. Can be worn over your own glasses. Claims the shield is anti fog.
Dh has been wearing it for a couple weeks now and is happy with it.
They have a couple other kinds too.
They sell bulk. Minimum 5 I think.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 4:49 pm
I have this and it's very good.
https://www.adorama.com/gbdfs.html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics