Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
There are some things that I will never understand...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:09 pm
Like the stretchies that have the snaps that close in back ( as opposed to the bottom).
How am I supposed to change baby's daiper? I got an adorable stretchie as a gift and every time my baby wears it, I get so annoyed at it lol!

silverlining3

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:11 pm
It's annoying when it's skimpy. But I really like them, IMO it's more dressy.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:13 pm
I love that. It's so much easier to change the diaper. Pull baby's legs out, then put them back in. Less snaps so less fumbling. (You need to have the right size, it can't be super fitted )

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:15 pm
I actually liked that style better and I always found it easier .

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:16 pm
Right I also found them way easier than the ones with snaps on bottom! I only bought those and didn’t enjoy the gifts with snaps on bottom. Go figure!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:16 pm
I do like it! No popping snaps every time baby kicks legs! So much neater and less snaps too!

Radish

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:21 pm
Haha I live the double zipper that you van open either from the top to change their clothes or from the bottom to change their diaper

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:23 pm
Radish wrote:
Haha I live the double zipper that you van open either from the top to change their clothes or from the bottom to change their diaper

Never saw that. Cool idea!

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:26 pm
My "thing I never got" is the Doona. I know it's a hot topic... I have one and hate it. It's super heavy. Lifting it in and out of the car is a pain, and my baby wakes up when I take it out/put it in/collapse it from stroller to car seat. My back and knees hurt from using it every day.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:28 pm
Radish wrote:

I'm scared to use clothing with zippers on a baby. It's very easy for their skin to get stuck in the zipper.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:32 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
My "thing I never got" is the Doona. I know it's a hot topic... I have one and hate it. It's super heavy. Lifting it in and out of the car is a pain, and my baby wakes up when I take it out/put it in/collapse it from stroller to car seat. My back and knees hurt from using it every day.

Love love love my Doona!
I travel a lot now in the summer, and my baby sleeps through getting in and out of car.
Perfect for a little baby in the house too! Super convenient for me

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 9:35 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

This is me!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:17 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I love that. It's so much easier to change the diaper. Pull baby's legs out, then put them back in. Less snaps so less fumbling. (You need to have the right size, it can't be super fitted )

Lol, I'm reading your post while trying it out on my baby....
The stretchie is a little big on her, and yet, the only way to get her legs in and out is by bending them all the way and lifting them awkwardly...
Oh well Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:25 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
It's annoying when it's skimpy. But I really like them, IMO it's more dressy.

I'll take practical over dressy any day!!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
This is me!!

me three!!!!!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol, I'm reading your post while trying it out on my baby....
The stretchie is a little big on her, and yet, the only way to get her legs in and out is by bending them all the way and lifting them awkwardly...
Oh well Can't Believe It

Certain brands or fabrics are like that. It's such a pain to put on.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Like the stretchies that have the snaps that close in back ( as opposed to the bottom).
How am I supposed to change baby's daiper? I got an adorable stretchie as a gift and every time my baby wears it, I get so annoyed at it lol!

The good thing about those is that it forces you to give your baby tummy time when you do the back snaps. That said, I'm all about zipper stretchies, the best.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll take practical over dressy any day!!

Of course. I wouldn't buy a skimpy one.. But regular fit, I like it better. That's it's more dressy is a bonus.

keym

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:19 pm
I hate zipper stretchiest. You practically strip the whole baby just for a wet diaper.
The thing with the snaps along the bottom is that you have to match those snaps when closing. So many times I'm in a rush or whatever and find that I mismatched the snap, leaving a hole.
I love the stretchiest with snaps on the back. E snaps, easy match, just "bottoms off". (My ob/gym said that and it stuck.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:51 pm
I tried getting a shabbos outfit that was one piece from Amazon. It's going right back. No wonder it was under $7... There are NO snaps. You have to put it on like a jumpsuit and button it on top. Which means you need to take the whole thing off for each diaper and climb it back on the baby afterwards. Too bad it was cute... So I feel sad returning it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics