Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Is there a way to connect my iPhones hotspot to my desktop?

rgh

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 7:30 am
My desktop does not have any wireless capabilities. Is there a way to do it through a USB?
My internet is down due to the storm since yesterday, and I really need to work.....
TIA.

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 8:02 am
I was able to connect my hotspot to my laptop by turning the hotspot on on my phone and plugging it in to my laptop. I didn’t have to do anything else - the internet access connected itself on its own.

If that doesn’t work, you can try going out to find WiFi access someplace. I spent a few hours in a shopping center’s parking lot and used Optimum Emergency WiFi, and then when that stopped working I switched to a random store’s WiFi. You can also try a library’s parking lot. It’s so annoying that Starbucks doesn’t have indoor seating in my area because of COVID Sad Would have been a perfect solution.

Good luck! Hope your WiFi comes back very soon.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 8:29 am
Here are instructions for internet access with an iPhone and USB cable. I picked this because it has instructions for both PCs and Macs. Instructions for wireless and bluetooth are there before doing it with a USB, so keep scrolling.

https://www.howtogeek.com/2132.....ring/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics