Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls going into 12th grade - non-seminary options

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 8:46 am
I've been telling my girls for years that I don't buy into the seminary hype and they shouldn't count on going. Now because of covid, a lot of girls they know are staying home this year, so it makes it much easier for me to tell them no. I have a daughter going into 12th and we need to make plans. What are AFFORDABLE, good options for girls who want to get a B.A. online but aren't sure what profession to go for? We're in the U.S. but not in the NY/NJ area.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 9:03 am
Look into your local community college or state university. Many of them offer classes online.
Reality is, depending on their field, if they have some kind of internships they won't be able to do the whole degree 100% online.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 9:05 am
I do believe that some continuing Jewish education post high school is invaluable. Especially if girls are going for advanced degrees, let them get some systematic advanced learning. And yes, there is the social aspect of having a chevra of like-minded friends.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 10:00 am
My daughter is supposed to be going to Seminary and we don't know yet what we're doing (due to covid situation). Good for you for thinking in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics