Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What things can be delivered in Israel/ordered online?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 2:55 pm
Compared to online ordering in America-who can tell me what things can or cannot be delivered or ordered online in Israel?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:07 pm
Amazon delivers here, though not all products are available. Shipping fees can get expensive, and if you buy over about 250 NIS, you have to pay taxes on the parcel.

The Book Depository has an excellent selection of books, and does free international delivery.

Next does free delivery (clothing), and seems very popular. Mark's and Spencer also does free delivery on clothing and some household goods.

In most cases you will have to go and collect parcels from the post office.

Quite a few Israeli supermarkets have websites for online purchase. Not all of them have reliable hashgachas, but that will depend on which hashgachas you use. They are not limited to food.

There are certainly lots of options that I don't know about.

The whole Corona issue pushed more stores into developing online order options. I can't give an accurate comparison to America, because I don't really know the situation on the ground there. But there are options here, and they are growing

banana123

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:14 pm
You can order anything online, if you're willing to pay enough in shipping and/or customs.

What are you looking for?

ETA: I promise that if you order a couch online, it'll get delivered to your door, and you won't have to collect it from the post office. Smile

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 3:30 pm
banana123 wrote:

ETA: I promise that if you order a couch online, it'll get delivered to your door, and you won't have to collect it from the post office. Smile

But you may wait at home all day for the delivery, only to have them call in the evening and say they are actually coming in two days time, when you have an unavoidable medical appointment.

Teomima

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 5:45 pm
Like Elfrida said, Next Direct and Book Depository are popular here because there's free shipping, and many people still order Amazon (though a lot more did before Covid when it used to have free shipping here, but now they charge). And you can't order everything. But you also have access to Amazon on other countries such as the UK and Germany, which can sometimes be cheaper than ordering from the States.

Other registry frequented sites are AliExpress and iherb. My brother orders non-prescription pharmacy items from UK chemists sites. Many local services also offer online/phone orders (supermarket, pharmacy, health food stores, clothing, coffee, food delivery, toys, etc.) Local online malls, such as azrieli.com, have become very popular.

It's definitely not the same as in the States, where you say oh, I'm out of lightbulbs, then pop online and they're at your doorstep the next day. But one way or another you can still get basically anything you want delivered...it just might take two months.

essie14

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 1:49 am
I have found that since Corona started the Israeli sites have stepped up their game.
I'm a big online shopper. with some help from Google translate , you can just google what you are looking for and find it online.
Www.zap.co.il is a shopping aggregator site where you can find tons of items.
We order from amazon UK and Amazon FR.
Aliexpress
Next direct
Shein
Asos
Book depository
Ebay
Iherb
I use Shufersal online ordering once a week for groceries.

banana123

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:04 am
Teomima wrote:
Like Elfrida said, Next Direct and Book Depository are popular here because there's free shipping, and many people still order Amazon (though a lot more did before Covid when it used to have free shipping here, but now they charge). And you can't order everything. But you also have access to Amazon on other countries such as the UK and Germany, which can sometimes be cheaper than ordering from the States.

Other registry frequented sites are AliExpress and iherb. My brother orders non-prescription pharmacy items from UK chemists sites. Many local services also offer online/phone orders (supermarket, pharmacy, health food stores, clothing, coffee, food delivery, toys, etc.) Local online malls, such as azrieli.com, have become very popular.

It's definitely not the same as in the States, where you say oh, I'm out of lightbulbs, then pop online and they're at your doorstep the next day. But one way or another you can still get basically anything you want delivered...it just might take two months.

I actually haven't found that it takes two months, unless you're ordering from abroad. And even then, only with Book Depository have I had to wait that long - even Zenni, which does not promise fast shipping, usually arrives within 2-3 weeks.

For instance, earlier this week I purchased this. It's longer than the others and cheaper. Two days later, I was informed that it was waiting for me at the makolet.
https://www.mybambino.co.il/sh.....7%9E/

In the past, I purchased a toddler bed and a mattress to go with it from two different sites - they were both delivered within a week or so.

It's true that most Israeli sites don't offer free shipping, or only offer it when you're already paying a higher price, but still, you can get pretty much anything delivered. Also, I'd rather order from within Israel than from abroad, for two reasons:
1) You don't have to keep your order under $75 to avoid customs.
2) You're supporting a local business.
And, a third bonus reason:
3) Usually the internal shipping companies are much more efficient than overseas shipping, and they're also more likely to come to your door, or offer that option for a reasonable price.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:05 am
About AliExpress, I have not been happy with what I ordered from them. And I also know someone who manufactures in China, and she says that anyone selling that cheap has not paid for proper quality control, and you don't know what chemicals they're using. You really don't want the toys your kids play with to be coated with carcinogens. One of the reasons it costs more locally is that local businesses and official importers have to pay for quality control and are held liable if the products they sell do not meet safety standards. When you order from AliExpress you have no guarantee of safety or quality and any damage caused is on your own head.

Plus I've noticed that there are a lot of cheap replicas on there that violate patents and intellectual property laws. So every time you find a "cheap version" of something you need to ask whether it's even ethical to purchase it. Obviously that doesn't hold true for items like socks and cardboard DIY photo frames, but games, purses, and pretty much anything that is not completely generic, may well be illegal copycats. Even if no one catches you, there's still the halachic and ethical aspect.

rivkam

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:56 am
I've done multiple orders with superpharm which were so fast. If you order over 250 shekel then the messenger is free. I got the package within a day.
It's great for stocking up on toiletries and baby things.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 11:08 pm
Yes just so used to ordering everything online in the states . Especially with covid now and the transition of aliyah just wanted to know all the different things I can order or cannot order online when I get there.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 9:16 pm
Hi- does superpharm and shufersal deliver to the door? I am new to this and trying to o rider for my diaghter in quarantine who also doesn't know Hebrew well yet. I want some groceries and basic products. How do I know if it will deliver to the door? And does soemone need to answer?

rivkam

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Hi- does superpharm and shufersal deliver to the door? I am new to this and trying to o rider for my diaghter in quarantine who also doesn't know Hebrew well yet. I want some groceries and basic products. How do I know if it will deliver to the door? And does soemone need to answer?

Yes they deliver to the door. I dont know what people in quarantine do though coz normally you do answer the door to them. I guess she could ask them to leave the order at the door and take it when the messenger leaves.

etky

Post Thu, Sep 03 2020, 10:38 pm
rivkam wrote:
Yes they deliver to the door. I dont know what people in quarantine do though coz normally you do answer the door to them. I guess she could ask them to leave the order at the door and take it when the messenger leaves.

They ring the bell to let you know it is there and then they leave it at the door. We've been doing this with both Supersol and Superpharm and with all other deliveries since April.

cinnamon

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 12:25 am
We pretty much order everything online these days.
Weekly groceries from shufersal
Meds and toiletries from superpharm
School supplies from sharpen
Electronics from ksp
Different odds and ends from Amazon
Clothes, shoes bathing suits from random Israeli sites.

essie14

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 12:53 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

There is a section when you order for additional comments.
You can write
אני בבידוד.
נא להישאר את הדברים ליד הדלת.
-050..... תתקשר אלי ב

coloredleaves

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 5:46 am
Thank you!!!!!!!

coloredleaves

Post Sat, Sep 05 2020, 8:11 pm
Hi- is there a way to order sufershal on an English website? And is there a way to know the hechsharim of the fruit and veggies?

essie14

Post Sat, Sep 05 2020, 8:58 pm
coloredleaves wrote:
Hi- is there a way to order sufershal on an English website? And is there a way to know the hechsharim of the fruit and veggies?

No but here's a tutorial that should help you.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/C.....bsfly

2gether

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 2:23 am
coloredleaves wrote:

use the charedi branch on supersal "yashir lamenhadrin" I think Vegs. are eida

coloredleaves

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:40 am
Thank you! I can't find it on the website. Is it a separate website ?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating