Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What things can be delivered in Israel/ordered online?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 6:42 am
coloredleaves wrote:
Thank you! I can't find it on the website. Is it a separate website ?

https://www.lamehadrin.co.il/p......aspx

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:20 am
Any places in Israel that deliver books? My daughter was hoping to get English books for RH but her sem doesn’t allow them to leave bayit vegan.

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:23 am
1091 wrote:
Any places in Israel that deliver books? My daughter was hoping to get English books for RH but her sem doesn’t allow them to leave bayit vegan.

https://www.steimatzky.co.il/%......html

Www.bookdepository.com - British site that delivers to Israel

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:31 am
essie14 wrote:
https://www.steimatzky.co.il/%D7%A1%D7%A4%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%91%D7%90%D7%A0%D7%92%D7%9C%D7%99%D7%AA.html

Www.bookdepository.com - British site that delivers to Israel

Book depository is great (I picked up three books this morning!), but ordering now she might not get them before Rosh HaShana. You need to count on about two weeks. She probably would get them in time for Succot, though.

Steimansky's has a more limited selection of English books, but they are l8cal so delivery would be a lot quicker.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:37 am
Elfrida wrote:
Book depository is great (I picked up three books this morning!), but ordering now she might not get them before Rosh HaShana. You need to count on about two weeks. She probably would get them in time for Succot, though.

Steimansky's has a more limited selection of English books, but they are l8cal so delivery would be a lot quicker.

When you say picked up, from where? Do these not deliver to your address?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:48 am
Picked up from the post office. Once the post office sends her a message that the books have arrived, she can ask them to deliver directly to the house (or seminary). It costs 20 NIS.

They send SMS messages that the parcel is at the post office. If the seminary only allows them a kosher phone, ideally she should find someone with a phone that does accept text messages, and put their phone number on the order. They are meant to send a physical notification, but rarely do.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:51 am
Thanks.

She has a smart phone. She can’t really go anywhere so not sure she’d be able to get to the post office. I’ll tell her to look for the text.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:01 am
I suppose it's cheaper for them that way, but the book depository will normally send each book separately. So if she orders three books, she might get three separate deliveries. If she us paying for each one, the 20 NIS fees could mount up.

There's not much you can do, and the international delivery is free, but just be forewarned that this might happen. If other girls want to borrow her books, maybe they could all chip in for the delivery.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:39 am
Elfrida wrote:
I suppose it's cheaper for them that way, but the book depository will normally send each book separately. So if she orders three books, she might get three separate deliveries. If she us paying for each one, the 20 NIS fees could mount up.

There's not much you can do, and the international delivery is free, but just be forewarned that this might happen. If other girls want to borrow her books, maybe they could all chip in for the delivery.

lovely. She ordered two books as a trial to see how it would work. She isn't allowed on public transportation due to covid, so unless the post office is in bayit vegan and walkable (she is a walker), I'm not sure how it would work.

Is there once central post office where you pick up? or do you pick up in a local one? (My lack of knowledge of how things work in Israel is glaring)

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:44 am
The local post office. There is one in Bayit v'Gan, near the top of HaPisgah. What is the address of her seminary? If she is a walker, she shouldn't have any trouble getting there. Even from Michlala, which is right down the bottom of the hill, it should be doable. The opening hours are normally in a link on the SMS.

I said above to count on around two weeks for delivery, but she should be aware that at this time of year it may take slightly longer, because of the chagim, so not to worry.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:25 am
She’s at darchei bina. so right up the block from michlalah.

Thank you so much for all your help. She’s been so bored in isolation and worried about what she’ll do for the chagim to keep herself occupied.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:43 am
1091 wrote:
She’s at darchei bina. so right up the block from michlalah.

Thank you so much for all your help. She’s been so bored in isolation and worried about what she’ll do for the chagim to keep herself occupied.

I was a darchei binah girl years ago! She can walk to the post office or they might send it to a local store that she can pick it up from. Also I have ordered for gett to pick up multiple packages when I ordered things that came in separate packages. Not all drivers will pick up more than one but alot will. She needs to provide each individual package number when ordering the gett.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:44 am
If she really enjoys reading, you might want to consider buying her a kindle. It's no good on Shabbos, of course, but for during the week (and even Chol HaMoed) she would be able to download books directly without any worry about delivery. Then she can save the paper books for Shabbos.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:28 am
Elfrida wrote:
If she really enjoys reading, you might want to consider buying her a kindle. It's no good on Shabbos, of course, but for during the week (and even Chol HaMoed) she would be able to download books directly without any worry about delivery. Then she can save the paper books for Shabbos.

she has an ipad and a phone. This is really for shabbos.

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I was a darchei binah girl years ago! She can walk to the post office or they might send it to a local store that she can pick it up from. Also I have ordered for gett to pick up multiple packages when I ordered things that came in separate packages. Not all drivers will pick up more than one but alot will. She needs to provide each individual package number when ordering the gett.

Thank you!

She can walk for hours - it's been a daily activity since March and everything closed down. This has all been so helpful.

katamommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 3:39 am
Do people order from UK Amazon or American Amazon?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 3:53 am
Whichever they like. Probably most Americans order from Amazon.com, while the British order from Amazon UK. There is a minor variation in the products, but really its more what you are used to.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:33 pm
How long does shipping from Shein take? Factor in Erev Chag season?

juggling

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:52 pm
I have found lots of israeli sites that deliver - all sorts of random stuff. Generally they deliver to your door and within a few days. Usually there is a minimum order required to get free shipping. My absolute favorite is terminalx - mostly clothing, with some other stuff mixed in. Clothing is brand names like gap and American eagle, and they deliver next business day. Sometimes it takes less than 24 hours! Also, if you have a Dream Card membership you get points for your purchases.

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 4:41 am
Hi ladies

You were all so helpful with the book deliveries I thought I'd ask my next question. DD is in need of a power strip. She only has one outlet in her dorm. What type of stores carry these? She's limited to Bayit Vegan right now though I think they said something about taking her to osher ad.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating