Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Computer Filter

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 7:30 pm
My daughter's school sent a note which we need to fill out about the tech devices in our homes and the filters they're equipped with.

I'm not going to lie that we don't have a computer at home.

I've been wanting to take our computer to TAG for a while now. We have k9 filter and I find it too loose. Meaning, youtube is accessible, etc. and I want the computer to be more 'kosherized' as we don't need much open to begin with.

I want to take it to TAG now, but I'm worried I'll be too restricted. WIll Amazon Prime Videos be locked? How about this site? What about if I want to download movies?

mamma llama

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 7:58 pm
I'm not sure how TAG works, but if you have K9, then you can just personalize the settings to decide what to allow and what not to.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 8:01 pm
I have Gentech and if Amazon is open, Prime videos are open. But honestly, I find Gentech to be temperamental. Somtimes Youtube is open and sometimes it's locked. So maybe Prime is the same way, I don't use it so often. Overall, I have found that I like Gentech and the customer service is great - they really work with you. Just expect it to take time to work out the kinks, so if it's not good the first few weeks, really keep calling the company to fix it. After all - you're paying for the service.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I have Gentech and if Amazon is open, Prime videos are open. But honestly, I find Gentech to be temperamental. Somtimes Youtube is open and sometimes it's locked. So maybe Prime is the same way, I don't use it so often. Overall, I have found that I like Gentech and the customer service is great - they really work with you. Just expect it to take time to work out the kinks, so if it's not good the first few weeks, really keep calling the company to fix it. After all - you're paying for the service.

How much does gentech cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics