Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Girls nightgowns
1  2  Next

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:14 pm
So it finally happened. My girls have outgrown carter’s! Not sure where to find tznius nightgowns online. I would appreciate any leads 🙂

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Aug 06 2020, 11:17 pm
Kidichic

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:30 am
I've gotten from basic colors in the past but just got some from shirtstop a few weeks ago that are better quality.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 5:51 am
Not really helpful, but from which age are people supposed to be buy this?
My daughter recently had a sleepover at a neighbor/acquaintance (pregnant and had to go to hospital, they offered) and she came home the next day with a nightgown in her bag that they had given her to sleep in. I had sent along pjs.
I called the other mom to say thank you, and she said I can keep the nightgown. My daughter is young but that family has a lot of older girls and boys. Is it some sort of minhag? Should I put away the nightgown in case of emergency, in which she'd sleep by them again? They were very gracious about the whole thing and I'm not uncomfortable either way, just want to do the right thing especially as they're doing me a favor.

ETA- I assume Walmart, Target, Kohls or any big box store would have them in most sizes.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:36 am
Jack and Becky

https://jackandbecky.com/colle.....gowns

SuperWify

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:38 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
My daughter recently had a sleepover at a neighbor/acquaintance (pregnant and had to go to hospital, they offered) and she came home the next day with a nightgown in her bag that they had given her to sleep in. I had sent along pjs.
I called the other mom to say thank you, and she said I can keep the nightgown. My daughter is young but that family has a lot of older girls and boys. Is it some sort of minhag? Should I put away the nightgown in case of emergency, in which she'd sleep by them again? They were very gracious about the whole thing and I'm not uncomfortable either way, just want to do the right thing especially as they're doing me a favor.

ETA- I assume Walmart, Target, Kohls or any big box store would have them in most sizes.

Super weird. How old is your daughter?

We never wore nightgowns but once we were bas mitzvah we put on a skirt before coming downstairs.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 6:42 am

You seem to have handled it very well. I would have been quite offended (just being honest)

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
You seem to have handled it very well. I would have been quite offended (just being honest)

My daughter is pre school age. I don't get offended when people enforce their house rules within their own house, I think it's definitely within their rights. I was also grateful for my daughter being put up last minute in a home I trust. And thirdly, I really don't get offended easily, others actions have no immediate impact on me, it's their actions, not mine.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:32 am
My daughter is pre school age. I don't get offended when people enforce their house rules within their own house, I think it's definitely within their rights. I was also grateful for my daughter being put up last minute in a home I trust. And thirdly, I really don't get offended easily, others actions have no immediate impact on me, it's their actions, not mine.

I meant that it was sent home with her. Rules/standards in their home is one thing, imposing theirs in mine is another

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:41 am
I meant that it was sent home with her. Rules/standards in their home is one thing, imposing theirs in mine is another

Oh, I didn't think of that. I guess because I know they're good people. I honestly thought it was so I wash it out and send it back, but then she said I can keep it. Her youngest is 3 years older than my daughter, I guess this was hers last year and it was a little big on my daughter. I just figured she sent it home to be washed and then realized she didn't really need it back.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:45 am
Oh, I didn't think of that. I guess because I know they're good people. I honestly thought it was so I wash it out and send it back, but then she said I can keep it. Her youngest is 3 years older than my daughter, I guess this was hers last year and it was a little big on my daughter. I just figured she sent it home to be washed and then realized she didn't really need it back.

I don’t want you to be offended! You’re clearly a really good person! My husband would see it your way!!

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:50 am
I don’t want you to be offended! You’re clearly a really good person! My husband would see it your way!!

I guess because I'm not snarky and I don't mind other people's business I just don't expect other people to. For good and for bad.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 11:18 am
SuperWify wrote:
Super weird. How old is your daughter?

We never wore nightgowns but once we were bas mitzvah we put on a skirt before coming downstairs.

Yup, same

crbc

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 11:19 am
love this store www.thelingerieshopny.com

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 7:34 pm
(Snipped)

I like my girls to own at least one in case there are men not in the immediate family around...e.g. We have guests or sleep over elsewhere... So that they don't have to worry about changing to leave their room.

But big box stores barely carry them. Usually with Disney characters and a very unbreathable polyester... And many times short sleeve as well.

EsaEinai

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:25 pm
Thanks for the responses!

Kidichic and jack and Becky seem to be sold out. Any other ideas? I need size 12/14

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:56 am
Did you try shirtstop? I got definitely size 12, maybe even 14, a few weeks ago there.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:27 am
EsaEinai wrote:
Thanks for the responses!

Kidichic and jack and Becky seem to be sold out. Any other ideas? I need size 12/14

It’s the end of the season, the fall line should be coming in soon and you should be able to get then.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:28 am
If you wait a few weeks, everyone will have their new lines including Lulu and other options. They will be full price.

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:54 am
I got on Amazon. Short sleeves and long sleeves. I paid anywhere between $10-20 each. They're Chinese made, but they're cotton.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics