Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Schools can REOPEN in NY!!!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:21 am
https://nypost.com/2020/08/07/.....80127

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:33 am
It said that schools need to have their reopening plans approved. Will the different yeshivos be able to get theirs approved or will they need to radically change how they open?

newcomer

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:39 am
He didn't give specifics about what "strict guidelines" means.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:40 am
mha3484 wrote:
It said that schools need to have their reopening plans approved. Will the different yeshivos be able to get theirs approved or will they need to radically change how they open?

Its says school districts which presumably means public schools? Not sure if private schools have to submit anything at this point but it seems like they can open regardless. Some have been open before the summer without incident so I dont see how Cuomo can do anything to keep the private schools closed.

cnc

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:40 am
Schools were given guidelines . Additionally the Agudah held webinars explaining what the requirements are . All schools needs to submit a reopening plan.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:42 am
I assume they wont be able to open in the same way pre-covid. I am curious what the requirements will be.

I am in a different city our school is reopening under the CDC guidelines. They are strict but not overly so but I feel like my city still has a healthy caution about COVID unlike the posts I read here about imas in NYC or Lakewood.

newcomer

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:43 am
cnc wrote:
Schools were given guidelines . Additionally the Agudah held webinars explaining what the requirements are . All schools needs to submit a reopening plan.

So what are the requirements?
Cuomo said some of the plans submitted weren't adequate.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:45 am
mha3484 wrote:

My boys yeshiva got approved last week. Opening sep 3 iyh. Bh!!!!! Thank you Hashem!!

newcomer

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:49 am
Just looked at the NYT. Cuomo gave permission, as long as cases are below a certain %. Also, he is leaving up the details to individual districts.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 9:50 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
My boys yeshiva got approved last week. Opening sep 3 iyh. Bh!!!!! Thank you Hashem!!

Do they have to follow a ton of rules or are they opening in a pre covid fashion? Or something in between?

livinginisrael

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:19 am
Nyc is diff than nys so we really need to wait for BDB to make decision for the 5 boroughs

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:21 am
I'm a teacher in NYC and we got our school reopening plan. It's better than I expected but still pretty awful

ETA, a local frum private girls school, not comfortable sharing which

Bleemee

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:24 am
What do the plans look like?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:26 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

B"H, I am so glad to hear. You're giving me hope for private school reopening. Please Hashem šŸ™

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:27 am
Masks when not SD so practically that means masks all day. No lunch room, recess only one class at a time, in the event of a covid infection the classes in that wing have to close down so our school is trying to divide into as many wings as possible each with their own bathroom and sinks.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:47 am
anyone worred about having their kids wear masks all day or is it just me?

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:49 am
Im not worried I got masks that are 100% cotton and my kids dont have any health conditions that impact their breathing. I have concerns about lack of facial expression but I assume the kids will get snack, recess, lunch breaks to take off the masks and talk to each other.

newcomer

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:49 am
livinginisrael wrote:
Nyc is diff than nys so we really need to wait for BDB to make decision for the 5 boroughs

Yes, all this means is that Cuomo is lifting a ban so to speak.
But it's not a blanket permission, either. He is just stepping out of the way.
Plus, if cases rise to a certain percentage in a district they will close. Hopefully that doesn't happen. But who knows.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 10:55 am
newcomer wrote:
Just looked at the NYT. Cuomo gave permission, as long as cases are below a certain %. Also, he is leaving up the details to individual districts.

Basically what he is saying is continue what you were all doing since May...Which was regular school with yellow busses signing "daycare". He doesn't want to engage in squabbles so he throws it at the school districts.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 11:06 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
anyone worred about having their kids wear masks all day or is it just me?

Iā€™m more worried about them not wearing masks, as necessary . . .
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics