Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Schools can REOPEN in NY!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
anyone worred about having their kids wear masks all day or is it just me?

Yes, me!
Honestly also, I don't see how this will be enforceable. Teachers will be spending the entire day telling kids to put their masks back in place.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:08 pm
mha3484 wrote:
It said that schools need to have their reopening plans approved. Will the different yeshivos be able to get theirs approved or will they need to radically change how they open?

Forget that, I fear they’ll all submit the wonderful law abiding rules they’ll say they’re adhering to but when the kids get to school it will be a whole different ball game just like how they opened camps.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:09 pm
Delete

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Masks when not SD so practically that means masks all day. No lunch room, recess only one class at a time, in the event of a covid infection the classes in that wing have to close down so our school is trying to divide into as many wings as possible each with their own bathroom and sinks.

Recess one class at a time so all the kids 30 in a class can play together no restrictions

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
anyone worred about having their kids wear masks all day or is it just me?

Don’t worry none of the schools will enforce it

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Forget that, I fear they’ll all submit the wonderful law abiding rules they’ll say they’re adhering to but when the kids get to school it will be a whole different ball game just like how they opened camps.

No comparison. The camps have suggested a plan which was denied by the governor so they reopened without a plan. If schools will be allowed to reopen WITH a plan, then violating it is a different story.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
No comparison. The camps have suggested a plan which was denied by the governor so they reopened without a plan. If schools will be allowed to reopen WITH a plan, then violating it is a different story.

You don’t believe they will? I’d bet

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:22 pm
Recess one class at a time so all the kids 30 in a class can play together no restrictions

No contact sports during recess, only SD. It's either masks or SD so if you're playing a game that you can stand far enough away from each other that you won't need masks.

There's also temp checks for the teachers and health screening forms every morning for the students.

Officially there will be random unannounced inspection and if you don't uphold the rules you'll get closed down.

cnc

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:25 pm
newcomer wrote:
So what are the requirements?
Cuomo said some of the plans submitted weren't adequate.

The plan templates are over 50 pages long ........

I’ll see if I can post it here .

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:26 pm
I work at a school and can share some of our guidelines (but am not comfortable stating which school).

1. The elementary school will be fully open. There will be staggered arrivals, masks worn all day (aside from the preschool students), and plastic barriers around desks. There will also be temperature checks.
2. The high school will be open at partial capacity (3 grades in the building at a time with the fourth learning virtually. That means that each student will be in the building at least 3 times a week (Fridays will rotate) and learn virtually once. The other guidelines about masks and barriers will be the same as the elementary school.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:27 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Do they have to follow a ton of rules or are they opening in a pre covid fashion? Or something in between?

They need to follow rules. I don’t know how many they will actually enforce. They are getting extra buses so kids can SD on the buses .

cnc

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:28 pm
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=00.....mhA==

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:30 pm
You don’t believe they will? I’d bet

I don't live in NY but I really think where I live they WILL be strict about it and I'm nervous....

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:30 pm
I am sure certain schools will submit a great plan on paper and enforce absolutely none of it.

As a teacher, I am am dreading the daily exposure to over 100 people.

The worst part is that I'm "crazy" for still worrying about the virus that's "long over," so whatever measures I will take to protect myself will be considered over-the-top.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:32 pm
cnc wrote:
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0014sU2MoZIyQ9RGrHu6f9gHwcNwKvXlOkzt0QWv_Im_Fd97dy84kJUDGj7Ohoc7W5LAMn3MDbyEpw8TEH8T04gGMJfVdaADZexkiQfU6XmPjOTYodu4JXKeXh94bDjxlLtmNQrt5dpnNRKiza-FUTrY8-ayNlQOrBR3WeLz1W-D823G2dC0NDmTXbmUST4nWZP-bPF-eQUHzufz_T9CKX6OgNIaJGklHAHZXTumVUEdLcbaJ4-V-1KBsnu1k4s1HzGD76Fba_6htq9T86-gd8obg==&c=EVm208wfRL8OwNhHGoB7rUj-jAiO40_BXgWZ4w5BU9pyeZZoeC9WKA==&ch=Wrgryo_dMe2_QePMjcV593ghl_QoLQKx-gAYDPOsbi2HvZrro6amhA==

This doesn't apply to daycare. So basically all the schools I know can ignore this.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 2:41 pm
I guess my children’s Covid guidelines will be:
“Every girl must remember to keep a mask in her knapsack( just in case)”
Rolling Eyes
Otherwise we’re good to go.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 3:47 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I am sure certain schools will submit a great plan on paper and enforce absolutely none of it.

As a teacher, I am am dreading the daily exposure to over 100 people.

The worst part is that I'm "crazy" for still worrying about the virus that's "long over," so whatever measures I will take to protect myself will be considered over-the-top.

Yes, I'm a teacher too and I'm afraid I might chvs get sick ....I'm also afraid my children will get it chvs especially since they are always touching their eyes/mouth/nose without washing hands with soap first.

My dds school started that we must follow the guidelines: weekly health questionnaire masks worn daily when no sd... (I forgot if they said temp check)

I have to buy masks, a lot...what if a child leaves a mask on the bus and comes to school without one, will the school charge us if my child has to use one from them???

newcomer

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 3:49 pm
Have your child keep a stash of extra masks in their backpack or desk.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:20 pm
I don't know where most of you imas live, but let me reassure you a bit. Where we live, schools reopened illegally gradually, first with sd and eventually without, and not a single teacher, rebbe, student or school employee has gotten seriously sick.

Depending on where you live, it might not be so scary at some might want you to think it is. There's a reason Cuomo isn't pursuing the illegally opened camps, it's not dangerous.

Mothers

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

The day camps were allowed to open with guidelines by the State/City, and none in Brooklyn (that I know of) are keeping to them.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics