Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Learning Hebrew before making Aliyah

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2020, 3:43 pm
Recommended ways to do it for teens.
Are there computer programs/apps?
What is most friendly/easy way to get the ball rolling with that?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:47 am
Just Google. There are so many resources online these days. There are free apps for learning basic phrases, and there are intensive online courses for learning vocabulary and grammar, conversational, technical, all kinds of Hebrew.

Personally, I like Rosetta Stone, but other people really don't like the format. You have to look over the free demo videos to get a feel for what style will work best. Everyone's brain absorbs information differently.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter which ones you pick, as long as you find one that works and you stick with it.

IT IS SO IMPORTANT! It will literally make or break your child's ability to thrive in Israel, and it will make things a lot less stressful for you, too.

You could move to an Anglo bubble, and get by with a little bit of Hebrew, but that would really limit your life and keep you from fully enjoying living here.

Rappel

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:58 am
Hebrew language TV shows/movies with HEBREW subtitles.

Children's/YA books they recognize, translated into Hebrew.

Background radio in Hebrew - you can pick dati, or pop music, or anything. Almost all the stations have an online presence.

Duolingo is a wonderful language app , and really brings language skills up to speed. It's as good or better than many ulpanim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating