Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If women ruled the world
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:21 am
What do you think the world would look like?

I don’t think it would look that different.

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:39 am
I think that reproductive health would be more available, and more affordable. There would be less stigma around periods and such. Maternity leave would be guaranteed. Etc.

Also, Women's pain would be taken more seriously. You wouldn't hear stories of women almost dying from things like appendicitis which people say is just cramps. Or dying from heart attacks which gets confused with anxiety.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:55 am
I think Robin Williams said that there would be no more war but things would get testy every 28 days.

hillary

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:56 am
There is a meme going around with a list of countries that did better regarding coronavirus than other countries, and all were run by women, like New Zealand and Germany.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:59 am
"No more wars, just a whole bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other"
Not sure where I heard that but it's great Smile

I think a lot of social services and education would be fixed in a way that actually makes sense so crime rates would consequently be lower.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:01 am

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:09 am
More community centers, better schools, rape would carry the same penalty as murder, I could go on.

Pretty much everything on the planet would be better. I want to live on an all female island.

Not all men are responsible for everything that is bad, but 99% of everything that is bad is because of men. Mad

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:00 am
In order to get a bus pass/train pass for public transportation you would first have to show you are not a sec offender or pedophile. Because the right of women and children to be able to take public transportation safety should come before the right of secual predators to take public transportation.

I think the haredim in Israel had it partially right to segregate seating by gender. Just it was intolerable that men would get the better seating (walk less far = important if you are old, front seating is important if you get motion sickness), instead men should have gotten one side and women the other side.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:08 am
WitchKitty wrote:

I cant help thinking of Ghislaine Maxwell and all the innocent girls she harmed. Or the covert narcissistic female professor who thought that discriminating against a Jewish woman and abusing her is perfectly fine. Think of female bosses who are corrupt and abuse their power, hurting innocent employees while they are at it. The notion that women can't do harm or go to war is ridiculous at best and downright dangerous at worse. Women can be more vicious than men but the women get away with it because of the fact that they are women therefore considered more vulnerable or s-xy or weaker, etc when that is not the case at all.

Reality

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:16 am
Women in power abuse their power all the time!!

There would be plenty of problems in a female dominated world. Some the same. Some different. But still plenty of problems.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:18 am
During the hijacking of a plane( can’t remember which one) many years ago, the woman was the vicious one
There are good and bad in both genders

Mothers

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:11 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I cant help thinking of Ghislaine Maxwell and all the innocent girls she harmed. Or the covert narcissistic female professor who thought that discriminating against a Jewish woman and abusing her is perfectly fine. Think of female bosses who are corrupt and abuse their power, hurting innocent employees while they are at it. The notion that women can't do harm or go to war is ridiculous at best and downright dangerous at worse. Women can be more vicious than men but the women get away with it because of the fact that they are women therefore considered more vulnerable or s-xy or weaker, etc when that is not the case at all.

There are women who act like (or worse than) men - but they’re living in a male dominated world.

Genius

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:20 am
I find policewomen meaner than their male counterparts if that’s an indication of anything

leah233

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:24 am
Out of all the potential American politicians to do so, I certainly don't want to be in a country run by people like "the squad" Maxine Waters, Elizabeth Warren and co.

I wish Nikki Halley was president but we would be a lot worse off if the current female politicians took over as a group

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Aug 10 2020, 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:31 am
Haha, remember those stories of Amy Klobuchar hurling heavy binders at her staff?
The excuse her defenders gave was, a man wouldn't be held to account for that sort of behavior. Well, neither was she, until she wanted to run for president.

Honestly, I don't think it would make a huge difference. Most people who rise to the top have huge egos and no problem stepping over others on the way. Male or female.

Zehava

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Agreed
The world is run by narcs and psychopaths and there are plenty female ones to go around.

sushilover

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:52 pm
Interesting question!

Imagine if from the beginning of time, women were the dominant relations, but nothing else changed. We weren't stronger, smarter, or less socially savvy than we are now.

Well, first of all, I would have to imagine that the reason why women would be dominant would stem from ancient society valuing childbirth and social skills more than it did in real life. So even though men were stronger and testosterone driven, women were trusted to make the big decisions and shape the culture.
Looking at it from a completely secular view, some basics aspects of human life would be drastically different.
1) Marriage is beneficial in real life because women have the protection of the father of their children while men get to know that the children in their household are theirs.
In a matriarchal society, women wouldn't need protection and men wouldn't actually contribute to the well-being of their child, so they wouldn't care.
There was a famous matriarchal society in China called Mosuo, and marriage wasn't a thing. Both men and women would live with their mothers well into adulthood and the men would help care for their siblings and their sister's siblings rather than their own children.
Anthropologists have idealized the Mosuo for the zxual and economic freedom it afforded women, but I can think of some significant negatives to their lifestyle. For example, if children often didn't know who their father was, I'd imagine that incest became a problem. Additionally, since motherhood was considered so essential, a childless woman was an object of even more pity than ever.

2) Some might argue that there would fewer wars in a matriarchal society. On the other hand, there is reason to believe that wars would be even bloodier if men were not essential. Obviously men would still be the majority of soldiers. If women were the statesmen, mothers, and business owners, the death of a greater percentage of male soldiers would be acceptable. Wars would last longer because it would take longer to reach a point where the losing side would be forced to surrender or face extinction.

3) I'd also imagine that slavery would have lasted for far longer if we lived in a matriarchal society. We can see throughout history that slavery lasted longer in societies where it was essential. The North and Europe ended slavery earlier than Southern U.S, not because they were more morally advanced or compassionate, but because they were less agrarian and had less of a need for slavery. A female dominant society would be, I imagine, more agrarian, more connected to nature and the land. Even if they weren't there would still be a need for strong male laborers while women spent their time running their families and the state.

4) Interpersonal relationships would be more important to society than strength and power. The most respected member of society would be a woman who handles relationships well. That doesn’t mean that the most empathetic and kind women would be in charge. A narcissistic, manipulative woman would make a powerful ruler.

5) Rape would be punishable by death and just a woman's accusation alone would be enough to convict. After all, women have no incentive to falsely accuse someone.

6) Men’s health would be neglected for most of history. If women are so much more essential to society and the family unit, why bother focusing on the ways their health needs are different from women’s?
7) I have a feeling that beauty standards would change, but I’m not sure how. On one hand, tall women are stronger; and in a matriarchal society, a strong woman who could bear many daughters AND also does not have to rely on male laborers would be considered the height of beauty. On the other hand, short woman tend to have more and healthier children.
For men, standards would change due to natural selection. In reality, women choose men based on a combination of their attractiveness, ability to provide, and likelihood to be a good and committed husband and father. In this alternate reality, woman would have no need for a man to provide or be committed, so they would select men based mostly on their attractiveness. Of course there would be the exceptions to the rule, but they would be considered radical and odd.

8) Instead of women not being given a voice in the world for most of history, it would be men. Why should we give power and voting rights to the laborers who are not as invested in the family and are ruled by testosterone to boot? This would be compounded by the fact that, as in real life, men would still be performing the most dangerous jobs with the highest mortality rates (Truckers, miners, loggers).
It might take longer, but I'd imagine that eventually we would reach a point where men would start to be treated as equals. They would still grapple with not having male role models in traditionally female dominant positions, they would be accused of sleeping their way to the top, and women would resent quotas put in place to ensure equality of outcome. Men’s rights groups would support men in positions of power and shame and cancel any woman who wouldn't fully comply with their demands. They would decry any country or organization with a majority of women in power as misandry. Any accusations of men abusing their positions of power would be dismissed as just men reacting to centuries of oppression” and that “reverse sxism is a myth”.
Eventually though, we would reach a point where men would be considered equal, be given equal opportunities, and they would quickly start to outperform women. After all, the women still need to take time off for childbirth and recovery, and they would still put their children above all else, while the men would be free to immerse themselves fully in their jobs and positions of power. It would take time, but slowly, men would become the dominant gender, leaving us almost exactly where we started!! LOL LOL Perhaps things would even be worse because the men in power would be coming in with the baggage of centuries of resentment and pain.

OK. That was a fun waste of 30 minutes!

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 2:20 pm
yo'ma wrote:

Decades ago I would have emphatically disagreed. Today I agree 100%.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:09 pm
yo'ma wrote:

It depends a lot on if they’d be liberal women or republican women that’s for sure

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:30 pm
Reality wrote:
Women in power abuse their power all the time!!

There would be plenty of problems in a female dominated world. Some the same. Some different. But still plenty of problems.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

I agree and they get very catty and jealous of other women so there’s be alot of arguments between them for dumb reasons
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics