Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Car seat for twins
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! How hard is it to fold the Valco and does it take up a lot of room in the trunk?

It’s a one handed fold but for me I usually end up using two hands.
Not sure about trunk space... fits through normal doorways which is great!! I honestly think having this is enough... no need to get a both a double snap and go and a real stroller. Esp as with the double snap and go you can’t really see both kids at once which might bother you when they’re infants.
What I would say is if you can find a second hand single snap and go as well maybe do that- I had sometimes when I was taking only one baby to an appt and it was a little annoying to bring a double stroller for just one baby.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I have the twin snap n go for the car and a donkey for home/walks. The twin snap n go is not great but it’s the cheapest and easiest for in and out of the car and not taking up tons of space in the trunk. Between twins being hard and covid, I don’t find that I’m taking them out much anyway in the car (mostly just neighborhood walks) so the snap n go is really good enough for the little bit (dr appts mostly).
For the car seats themselves, find the most light weight that you can - I’m often having to carry both seats at a time so weight really makes a difference.

This this . I had a few Other things before I settled for snap n go. Was def the easiest least bulky.
And Luvvvvv the donkey For our walks around the neighborhood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:07 pm
I think I need to do some kind of chart with all the info lol my mind is spinning all the time!
Really seems the twin snap and go is most popular, maybe in the last few years since I’ve used one they’ve upgraded it?
cuz that bar in the front was really badly placed, and I don’t really love the look.. which is why been trying to find out more about a car stroller that would work with the car seats..
but maybe I should just get over it and go for the snap and go?!
I really appreciate all your advice!!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I have the twin snap n go for the car and a donkey for home/walks. The twin snap n go is not great but it’s the cheapest and easiest for in and out of the car and not taking up tons of space in the trunk. Between twins being hard and covid, I don’t find that I’m taking them out much anyway in the car (mostly just neighborhood walks) so the snap n go is really good enough for the little bit (dr appts mostly).
For the car seats themselves, find the most light weight that you can - I’m often having to carry both seats at a time so weight really makes a difference.

This is exactly what I did. I bought graco car seats from amazon warehouse. They were listed as used/open box. Legally you can't sell used car seats and also they were returnable. When they arrived they still had all the packing/tags attached from the factory, just the boxes werent in great shape. I didn't love the twin snap and go. It's long and as they get older its heavier to push. Not sure why I didn't use the donkey base for the carseats. Maybe because I didn't want to get it dirty in the snow lol.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:39 am
Wondering if anyone has done 2 car seats on the city select

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:35 am
Twin snap n go for car, donkey for walks. Look for a used snap n go on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. It gets used for such a short period of time and is usually useless by the next kid LOL

Its not the greatest to push but I found that I took my twins out much less than my other kids. When you have one baby its easy to shlep them around on random errands. With two its easier to leave them home lol.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think I need to do some kind of chart with all the info lol my mind is spinning all the time!
Really seems the twin snap and go is most popular, maybe in the last few years since I’ve used one they’ve upgraded it?
cuz that bar in the front was really badly placed, and I don’t really love the look.. which is why been trying to find out more about a car stroller that would work with the car seats..
but maybe I should just get over it and go for the snap and go?!
I really appreciate all your advice!!

The twin snap and go is not the same brand as the single that many ppl have, it’s not graco. it’s made by baby trend and is structured differently.

Boys_momma

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am BH pregnant with twins.. looking for car seat recommendations from other twin moms! Before I found out it was going to be twins I was definitely going to be getting the doona! Now that there are 2, not so sure that’s a good idea (but maybe it is?!). I did use a snap and go thing for previous kids, but hated the push of it, getting up and down a curb is awful so I wont consider that again..
anyone out there who can give me advice?!
Thanks!!

My friend has triplets while having a 2 and 3 year old. She had a doona from the previous kids and got 2 more. When I asked how she’s going to push all 3 she told me she has a triple stroller in the trunk that the doonas are for if she’s taking one without the others or if her husband, father or sister needs to take one as it’s able to safely buckle into any car without the base. I guess it really depends on your situation and preferences

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:18 am
Boys_momma wrote:
My friend has triplets while having a 2 and 3 year old.

Wow!
After my twins were born (with 1.5 and 3 year olds) I invested in an 'agalul' עגלול and it was money well spent. I don't drive but I do a lot of walking and not only was it super practical for getting around, it also brought back fond memories to Israeli seniors from life on the kibbutz lol

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:22 am
Boys_momma wrote:
My friend has triplets while having a 2 and 3 year old. She had a doona from the previous kids and got 2 more. When I asked how she’s going to push all 3 she told me she has a triple stroller in the trunk that the doonas are for if she’s taking one without the others or if her husband, father or sister needs to take one as it’s able to safely buckle into any car without the base. I guess it really depends on your situation and preferences

If it works for them, great, but that’s a lot of money to invest for occasional use. You could also buy a single snap n Go with regular infant car seats that install without the base.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 7:33 am
Boys_momma wrote:

I think the doona is a car seat with some fantastic benefits but that’s a pretty stupid reason to buy a $500 car seat. Every car seat safely buckles into a car without a base. If safety is your concern get an infant seat with a load leg, and don’t get a Doona cuz most people end up using it as a stroller also which is not the safest.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 1:10 pm
I had twins and just got regular car seats and a regular double carriage in the trunk.
Worked for me.

BUT: I usually only use the car for long trips so it wasn't like I was always waking up babies to put them in the carriage. If you drive your kids around when you go shopping and to daycare every day, it might not work for you.

xyz

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am BH pregnant with twins.. looking for car seat recommendations from other twin moms! Before I found out it was going to be twins I was definitely going to be getting the doona! Now that there are 2, not so sure that’s a good idea (but maybe it is?!). I did use a snap and go thing for previous kids, but hated the push of it, getting up and down a curb is awful so I wont consider that again..
anyone out there who can give me advice?!
Thanks!!

My twins are are 9 days old, and I did get two Doonas. No regrets. Just going in and out of the car to the pediatricians office was a breeze. I would highly recommend it

turca

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:06 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Wondering if anyone has done 2 car seats on the city select

For my 2nd set I got the city select and I did not find it practical to attach 2 car seats on it. The double snap and go was lighter and easier. I’m not a big fan of leaving babies on car seats besides for the car ride and short trips in and out of the car. So for longer trips out of the car/ walking I just used the regular seats on the stroller.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more