Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BP 13th Ave Bagels, best bagels but

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:57 am
The workers have gloves on but no masks. Cmon. And customers are standing at the counter while workers are working also with no masks. I miss their bagels, but...... I’m more fussy with food preparation now. What I don’t see I don’t see but what I see I see.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:04 pm
I’m enjoying a bagel from there right now.

I wish food workers would wear masks all the time.
Nothing to do with COVID.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:15 pm
Yeah, some good it does to touch money and bagels with the same gloves...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Yeah, some good it does to touch money and bagels with the same gloves...

Good point! So what do other food businesses do if the same people who touch food, handle money?

I paid $6 a bagel in Gobos and they werent half as good! But workers had masks. And same worker who made sandwiches, took my credit card.

But at least they made an effort to wear masks for when they sneeze or cough (or exhale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:34 pm
It’s really gross having [people] sneezing and coughing on my pizza pie as they pack it up...
It’s a big problem with the bagel store- always was really. There should be a different person handling the money. Or they need to throw out the gloves after they touch money.

[edited by mod]

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:41 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
It’s really gross having ___ sneezing and coughing on my pizza pie as they pack it up...
It’s a big problem with the bagel store- always was really. There should be a different person handling the money. Or they need to throw out the gloves after they touch money.

You should edit your post.
It’s really gross having any individual spreading their saliva on food they’re preparing.
But alas, this is nothing new or surprising.
Food service employees will use their phones, handle money and food with the same gloved or non-gloved hands.

yersp

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:04 pm
I won't name the establishment/s, on 13 where I have stopped going to. It is really unsanitary to have the bagels and danishes and cakes in the center of the store and anyone can pick and choose whichever piece they want. I have seen myself how little kids touch one or all items until they decide what they want. I've seen people touching the bagels and rolls till they choose the one that looks good even though they all look the same without gloves or even a wax paper.
Especially now these items should be behind glass or whatever they use for showcases and one worker only should touch them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 8:36 pm
Did the workers at 13th Ave Bagels start wearing masks?

If not, where can I go in BP for bagel or plain sandwiches where workers wear masks?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 22 2020, 9:10 pm
bump

If not, where can I go in BP for bagel or plain sandwiches where workers wear masks?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 4:59 am
bump (because I need bagel sandwiches today)

If not, where can I go in BP, for bagel or plain sandwiches where workers wear masks?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:06 am
Maybe in the bakery?
Or drive into Flatbush...

goforit

Post Sun, Aug 23 2020, 5:13 am
I know one of the workers I told her your request lets see what happens!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries