Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Clothing shopping in Lkwd
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:04 pm
Hi, I'm from OOT, will be in Lkwd next week.
I need clothes.

Basic black skirts (not slinky)- like a-line and straight, for work and shabbos, not short.

Conservative style tops-shabbos summer or winter. Like for a school staff member in her 30s, not too matronly, not too youthful.

good priced.

Ok, recommendations?

Thanks!!! Wink

SuperWify

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 5:15 pm
All the stores have sales now.

Do you need summer or winter clothes?

What kind of styles do you like? More yeshivish or conservative or more up to date of trendy?

Junees is well priced and they have lots of diffrent styles.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:28 pm
Brooklyn Southwest

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:51 pm
Thanks to both of you!

More yeshivish and conservative than trendy.
I'm something like a mechaneches.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks to both of you!

More yeshivish and conservative than trendy.
I'm something like a mechaneches.

Brooklyn south west
Girls on glen

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:05 pm
I recommend Brooklyn southwest, periwinkle and European finesse. In that order.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:37 pm
Brooklyn southwest is a great place to start for basics, as long as your school isn't in lakewood - half this town shops there and you may match your students but they have the largest selection, and good pricing for anything you need..Periwinkle is def more an older crowd, not as much teenagers shop there. European Finesse will be a bit more pricey and elegant, but I would say nobody under 30 shops there.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:38 pm
Is Periwinkle the store near Runway? That used to be Fashion Stop and is probably a good option for you.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:53 pm
Burgundy is across the street from bagel nosh. They are an outlet for frum clothing and half the price. I would start there first. Down the block is Clover also discounted frum clothing. I have found current styles there for half the price of other stores.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is Periwinkle the store near Runway? That used to be Fashion Stop and is probably a good option for you.

Yes

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Brooklyn southwest is a great place to start for basics, as long as your school isn't in lakewood - half this town shops there and you may match your students but they have the largest selection, and good pricing for anything you need..Periwinkle is def more an older crowd, not as much teenagers shop there. European Finesse will be a bit more pricey and elegant, but I would say nobody under 30 shops there.

Periwinkle has a junior section with junior sizes so plenty teens shop there.
Often periwinkle and European finesse have similar things.

sky

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:37 pm
All stores mentioned here are great suggestions.

Burgundy carry’s some conservative tops at great prices. Clover has good prices. Both are on Clifton so are easy to do in one trip.
Brooklyn southwest and periwinkle both great stores.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:53 pm
Wow, ladies! Thank you so much!!!

So Clover and Burgundy are near eachother? I like discounts! Smile I hate shopping and spending money on clothrs. Maybe that explains why all my skirts need to be replaced.

Bklyn SW
Periwinkle
European Finesse
girls on Glen

Are any of these near eachother?

We will be doing grocery stocking up too. Are any of these near Evergreens, Gourmet Glatt, Npgs...? (Yikes, don't know if that will help me bc some of those stores have more than one branch.)

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:26 pm
I don’t know where European Finesse is but both periwinkle and Brooklyn SW are near Gourmet Glatt north. (BK SW is in the same plaza and periwinkle is across the street.)

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 11:51 pm
European finesse is in the same shopping plaza as glatt bite/rite aid so not too far either from both Periwinkle and Brooklyn south west!
If you need saleslady's help to shop I think that periwinkle and European finesse are better choices ( probably pricier too!)but they really know how to advise you!

sky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:00 am
You could do brooklyn southwest with a gourmet glatt stop.
Most of the stores mentioned are all an easy drive from each other. Straight down Clifton,route 9.

Only girls on glen isn’t in that area.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:40 am
If you're from out of town, I think you will find European Finesse very expensive. I didn't say you shouldn't go in there, just be prepared.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:45 am
kollel wife wrote:
If you're from out of town, I think you will find European Finesse very expensive. I didn't say you shouldn't go in there, just be prepared.

I actually saw some of the same things in European finesse as periwinkle had. It was about 5-10 dollars more but they also had other things I didn’t see in any other place.
Go there for shabbos/chasuna things

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:50 am
From what I'm getting from you, I think you should start at Clover (quality is as good as everywhere, so look for both tops and skirts and dresses there) and move on to Burgandy. (I would focus on tops there, as the quality might not be the best.). They are about 3 blocks from each other From there is go to Brooklyn Southwest. Not a discount store, but they have the basics. If you didn't accomplish after that, is say your next stop should be Esti's World of Fashion and The Gallery. The Gallery is more trendy, but you can find really nice classy things too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
From what I'm getting from you, I think you should start at Clover (quality is as good as everywhere, so look for both tops and skirts and dresses there) and move on to Burgandy. (I would focus on tops there, as the quality might not be the best.). They are about 3 blocks from each other From there is go to Brooklyn Southwest. Not a discount store, but they have the basics. If you didn't accomplish after that, is say your next stop should be Esti's World of Fashion and The Gallery. The Gallery is more trendy, but you can find really nice classy things too.

Thank you!!!

And thank you to ALL of you posters, even though I'm not responding to each, I read and appreciate each one.

Especially thanks for the European Finesse might be price shocking to me- you got it, I'm coming from oot and hoping for better prices than oot Smile

Maybe when I get back from Lkwd I should report where I actually went Wink

Tizkenah lemitzvos, Lkwd ladies. Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries