Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will corona anxiety ever go away?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:25 pm
When will an anxious person ever feel at ease with the corona situation. Some people just don’t want to accept the idea of:

Herd immunity achievement
Antibodies protection
Vaccine effectiveness
Hashem’s hand in all this

For those smitten with corona anxiety, what will it take for you to ever calm down? Or is this it till 120?

This is not a question of whether we should wear masks or not, I’m just wondering if people will ever be completely calm after this?

I for one am not thinking about corona since May. I’m calm with 3 out of the 4 reasons mentioned above. But some people seem so stuck in the anxiety I actually feel very bad for them!
Thoughts? (Besides masks masks masks)

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When will an anxious person ever feel at ease with the corona situation. Some people just don’t want to accept the idea of:

Herd immunity achievement
Antibodies protection
Vaccine effectiveness
Hashem’s hand in all this

For those smitten with corona anxiety, what will it take for you to ever calm down? Or is this it till 120?

This is not a question of whether we should wear masks or not, I’m just wondering if people will ever be completely calm after this?

I for one am not thinking about corona since May. I’m calm with 3 out of the 4 reasons mentioned above. But some people seem so stuck in the anxiety I actually feel very bad for them!
Thoughts? (Besides masks masks masks)

A person in the US dies of covid every 80 seconds. Anyone who is not afraid, and not taking substantial precautions, is a fool.

What will it take for you to recognize the toll this pandemic has taken? When your child has a high fever and can't breathe? When your husband is taken to the hospital? When your father dies? Chas v'shalom.

Because it seems that you're OK because its someone else's family that is dying.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
A person in the US dies of covid every 80 seconds. Anyone who is not afraid, and not taking substantial precautions, is a fool.

What will it take for you to recognize the toll this pandemic has taken? When your child has a high fever and can't breathe? When your husband is taken to the hospital? When your father dies? Chas v'shalom.

Because it seems that you're OK because its someone else's family that is dying.

I know all these facts but that wasn’t my question. We lived through all that in March. I wasn’t born yesterday.
My question is if anyone will ever be calm again or we’re in for panic for the rest of our lives?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

Do you know that a person dies of heart disease every 60 seconds in the US?
What will it take for you to start panicking that you will die of heart disease?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:20 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
What will it take for you to start panicking that you will die of heart disease?

This is what I’m trying to understand. Currently the chances of dying of covid in our community is probably lower than from dying in a car crash or heart disease, why are some people only worrying about covid?

Miri1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:26 pm
OP did you already catch Covid?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:27 pm
Miri1 wrote:
OP did you already catch Covid?

Yes I have antibodies. That’s why I have no anxiety about it. Even though you can anyway blah blah antibodies blah blah blah.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:28 pm
Bh my covid anxiety is gone by now. I never tested if I have antibodies. The worst seems to be over in NY bh.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:38 pm
I’m sorry that my anxiety annoys you.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:38 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I exercise and eat a heart healthy diet, for the most part. Going out in public doesn't increase my risk of heart disease. Someone else's selfish behavior in refusing to social distance or wear a mask doesn't increase my risk of heart disease.

What will it take for you to take the death of 163,000 people seriously?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I’m sorry that my anxiety annoys you.

It doesn’t. I’m asking a legitimate question. I’m wondering where and how you’ll find peace.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I exercise and eat a heart healthy diet, for the most part. Going out in public doesn't increase my risk of heart disease. Someone else's selfish behavior in refusing to social distance or wear a mask doesn't increase my risk of heart disease.

What will it take for you to take the death of 163,000 people seriously?

Sorry, but I don’t see what one has to do with the other. I can be saddened by the loss of so many lives without panicking that my life will be over in any second because someone sneezed near me. And if you are worried about going out in public, then don’t go out.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It doesn’t. I’m asking a legitimate question. I’m wondering where and how you’ll find peace.

Probably when I’m not worried about myself or a family member catching a disease during a global pandemic.

Miri1

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I have antibodies. That’s why I have no anxiety about it. Even though you can anyway blah blah antibodies blah blah blah.

I'd say that is half your answer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:49 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I'd say that is half your answer.

Right. I did mention I believe in 3 out of the 4 reasons I mentioned (vaccines weren’t invented yet). Some people are anxious despite these reasons and don’t stop spreading the panic. My question to them is what will it take for you to calm down? So far no one was able to answer yet.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:50 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Sorry, but I don’t see what one has to do with the other. I can be saddened by the loss of so many lives without panicking that my life will be over in any second because someone sneezed near me. And if you are worried about going out in public, then don’t go out.

You're being purposely dense.

I don't worry about heart disease deaths because I can control me risk.

I worry about covid because selfish people refuse to wear masks and socially distance, placing me at risk.

And why should I stay home? Why shouldn't the selfish covidiiots stay home instead?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. I did mention I believe in 3 out of the 4 reasons I mentioned (vaccines weren’t invented yet). Some people are anxious despite these reasons and don’t stop spreading the panic. My question to them is what will it take for you to calm down? So far no one was able to answer yet.

If you have antibodies you can’t compare how you feel about this to how someone without antibodies feels. And hardly anyone in my area got it so there’s no herd immunity here.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Probably when I’m not worried about myself or a family member catching a disease during a global pandemic.

Based on the Spanish flu this should take 2 years to go away. That’s a long time to panic. You should do something about it. At least don’t spread the panic to those that don’t feel like panicking for 2 years.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
If you have antibodies you can’t compare how you feel about this to how someone without antibodies feels. And hardly anyone in my area got it so there’s no herd immunity here.

There is no herd immunity anywhere for Covid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Then my question isn’t directed to you. Many posters here are denying the idea of herd immunity and antibody protection.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics